SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of runtime did you get with the HO-E1A on two aa's?

Though the math says about an hour 44 on 2000mAh Eneloop, in practice it was less, hour 15-20.

I plan to acquire an e2l-aa outdoorsman for the body and use an e2 incan head on it, so if the ho-e1a works well then the hard to find mn01 isn't the only option for that setup.

I traded both my E2L AA and DSS LED heads. I forgot I had one of them modded with Nichia 219B 4000K after the fact. I should have sold, not traded.

My experience is on 2x AA, the HO-E1A doesn't really have a lot of swaps before it dies. It's bright, though. My assumption is MN01 is more durable with slightly better runtime yet only 15Lm (which is what I want), and this is believed just because MN02 and MN03 are so durable. I had an MN01 for a while, but didn't pay much attention to how much I used it before I stupidly killed it. For some reason I had it in my head that MN01 was 0.73A, but if it gives 90 minutes on a CR123A, that would suggest it is 1.03A. It is possible even after finding one I'll like A6010 better, even though it is probably not even 5Lm on 2xAA.

I have an E2L AA HA and a DSS BK, a Vital Gear 2xAA head twist (no switch), A Spark UBH, and a Malkoff 2xAA body, all with Elite heads. I'd like to set up two w/ MN01 on AA, one with A7212 on INR, one with A3712 on AA, (which is brighter than MN02 on single secondary at a higher color temperature with meh 1 hour 5 mins runtime), one with A6010 on IFR, and if I got the 6th I want, it would also be A6010 on IFR, because of the poor capacity and runtime of IFR14500, but also because properly driven A6010 light is absolutely exquisite.

Soon as I heard Tad was closing up, I spent as much as I could on lamps, but that only amounted to 20 packs of each lamp. It kills me I can't get more A3712, which I use the most and use up the most.

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
\o/ got an MN01. I could have had two NIB for the same price had I been paying attention last Friday. There was only $26 in my account, but I had $30 cash on me. Started my car, wrote the seller and explained, made the purchase, :paypal:, then made it to my bank, which is just under 7 miles away, in 11 minutes flat. My bank is small and slow on transactions, does everything by hand, so I didn't really need to race. I probably could have waited to deposit until tomorrow and still not overdrafted. At any rate, by the end of the month, I am going to be blasting upwards of 15 lumens out the front of my DSS Elite. Well, a little less on 2x NiMH. I can barely wait to test the runtime.

If this strikes you as stupid, there is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
L to R, in apparent ascending brightness & color temperature
  • A6010 on 2x NiMH (EBL 2800)
  • MN02 on 1x IMR (AW 3.39V & 7yo)
  • A3712 on 2x NiMH (EBL 2800)
  • MN01 on 2x NiMH (Eneloop)
GRoeIDF_d.webp

auto exposure
GtO7Pc2_d.webp

minimum exposure

IRL, the MN01 looks brightest with the coolest color temperature. But in the reduced exposure, the A3712 looks brightest to me. A3712 of course is much, much, much brighter on Li-ion, as is A6010. After I realized the AW was empty, I swapped in a fresh 7yo AW @4.12V and quickly took a couple more snaps. Sorry about the focus ><

P8wJQBk_d.webp

jMUSSop_d.webp

MN01 appears brighter than MN02, but it could just be the color temperatures, w/ MN02 yellower underdriven than ordinarily on 2x CR123A.

Really depressing these lamps are no longer available. They're all really nice.

Disclaimer: I would never buy EBL cells. They were a gift, but I am not unsatisfied with them. Too soon to tell, really.

Last edited: