Surefire e2dl ultra

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
How hot does it get? Can you run it on high for extended periods no problem?

Also, where can I get one!!!!??? Do want!!!!

biglights

Enlightened
How hot does it get? Can you run it on high for extended periods no problem?

The bezel goes get warm on mine. Which would be expected considering how small it is and how much light is coming out of it. I wouldn't say it was any more than other high powered smaller lights. Not to worried about it, I think Surefire has a pretty decent warranty :thumbsup:

Flashlight Freedom

Newly Enlightened
Great info, and looks like a great light. How is the beam at longer distances? I use the 200 lumen E2D all the time, it's bright enough but why not go brighter if you can....

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an e-mail from B&H Photo this morning that said my E2DL Ultra has shipped.

Sweet!!

It's still listed on the site as pre-order only, so they must have shipped out all they received.

Grizz

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
Tuna,
Thanks for the beamshots. If you are able to capture some outdoor; long indoor shots, I'd be most appreciative. Looking at this light for possible work carry.

Regards.

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
I received an e-mail from B&H Photo this morning that said my E2DL Ultra has shipped.

Sweet!!

It's still listed on the site as pre-order only, so they must have shipped out all they received.

Grizz

Nice! Looks like they came through for you after all. Well played!

Bertrand

Newly Enlightened
I scored my E2DL Ultra today. I'm pretty impressed so far. I sold my Fury a little while ago, but the beam seems about the same as far as I can tell. Brighter hot spot then my EB1 and a lot more flood as well. Only flaw I've seen is that it's a little hard for me to get it to click to the low setting. Still very happy with mine.

jlomein

Enlightened
Can an LX2 tailcap be put on the E2DL Ultra? Or an old E-series clickie tailcap?

If I can lose the bulky tail and file off the bezel cranulations I might buy this thing.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can an LX2 tailcap be put on the E2DL Ultra? Or an old E-series clickie tailcap?

If I can lose the bulky tail and file off the bezel cranulations I might buy this thing.

I won't be able to confirm for a few days, but my guess is that it's fully E-series compatible. If it is E-Series compatible, then the LX2 tailcap will not fit, but the head will. I suspect an LX2 head on the E21DL Ultra to operate with high mode only.

Grizz

Last edited:

Psosmith82

Newly Enlightened
There is a store on eBay now selling them that apparently has plenty in stock, it lists 387 of them at this point. They have excellent feedback. Was hoping Amazon would get more stock with there free Prime shipping, but still just lists them as currently unavailable, with no backorder option, so i ordered through the eBay store. Still free shipping, but not 2nd day air just "economy" The light is 185.50, I'm not sure how that compares to Amazon, but seems good because most sites that list them have them between that and 190.00. This was the only store i could find with confirmed in stock units. The store is Botach Tactical. I will update my post when i receive my light.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought from Botach two or three times, and received the product in a timely manner each time.

UPS sent me a notification that my Ultra will arrive tomorrow. :D

They've changed the delivery date again, and it will now arrive one day later.

Grizz

Last edited:

biglights

Enlightened
I've bought from Botach two or three times, and received the product in a timely manner each time.

UPS sent me a notification that my Ultra will arrive tomorrow. :D

Grizz

Oh boy you are in for a treat! I have an EB1 coming tomorrow. I am loving my Ultra so much I had to get another TIR light!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Ultra arrived today.

The beam pattern really is as different from the standard E2D LED Defender as I've been led to believe. This is a good thing, since it differentiates it further from the other TIR'd lights.

The body and tailcap are fully E-series compatible which I was expecting/hoping to be the case. The knurling may be slightly more aggressive than my other like new E2L and L4 bodies. There is a second spring attached to the head.

For those interested in aesthetics, the anodizing matches quite well between body and tail. The head has a noticeably darker color, when viewed in really good light. It's very utilitarian compared to the natural anodizing of the E2L, L4, and LX2. I'm also very glad they've included the two-way clip on this iteration, since I've standardized on bezel down for all carry lights.

The tint is definitely greener than I would prefer, but this isn't much of a surprise. I've always really liked the white tints of my LX2 and E2D LED.

As expected, the level switching is performed in the head. I prefer the 15 lumen low of the LX2 over the 5 lumen low of the E2D LED. I'll know more about this low after it gets dark enough to see more than just the spot.

It slaughtered my LX2's reading at one meter of 9.30 Klux by delivering 18.36 Klux. Both lights were run off fresh CR123 cells. Oh ya, I'll be taking more measurements at 100 yards with this sucker in the near future.

Grizz

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fluke 115 reads a peak of 1.757 amps with it on for approximately 15 seconds. This is while driven by two CR123s. Someone else can test how it does (if it survives) with RCR123s.

I just tried inserting both of my 1600 mAh AW 17670s into the Ultra. Neither of them came close to going in far enough.

Grizz

Last edited: