Surefire e2dl ultra

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine from Amazon. It's great, but the greenish beam tint is going to be a issue with some people.

N/Apower

Enlightened
Got mine from Amazon. It's great, but the greenish beam tint is going to be a issue with some people.

Neither my M300B (WEapon light EB1), nor my X300U have a "greenish" beam. In fact, the tint is far superior to the M300A and M600C's and X300 I had in the past.

N/Apower

Enlightened
I've not taken Surefire seriously since PK stepped out of the picture. Some of these new designs are a bit :green: compared to the ones between 2003 and 2007. As for their name scheme...
23sz05j.gif
I'm in the opposite boat. All of my lights used to be Surefire hosts with Malkoff and whatnot modules in them. Now, I am finding myself dumping my Malkoff and Nailbender modules to go with OEM Surefire stuff. It has more punch, more reach, etc. and works better in my application. Function over form, any day. So for some users, Surefire is making great advances.

N/Apower

Enlightened
well that sold out quick. I was looking at it when there were two left. Sounds like there will be some feedback soon. I wonder if its intensity will trump the EB1, since from the discussion it seemed the 500 lumens will be in the form of a wider angle beam.

It likely takes the X300U head and sticks it on a tube. If so, yes, the intensity will beat the EB1 ever so slightly for peak LUX at the beam centre. My X300U does out-throw my M300B (now, just M300, as the "A" is discontinued). Jut personal observations and speculation. Also, if it's anything like the X300U, it will have great, usable spill, almost like Surefire combined the best attributes of a reflector light, and TIR light, and rolled it into one and got rid of all the "Cree rings" and lack of throw from a small head that each brought to the market. The M300B and X300U I have really are revolutionary, IMO.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering when N/APower was going to join this conversation. haha

It would be really cool if Surefire offered a single mode head like the KX2C, based off the E2D Ultra.

I also pre-ordered mine from B&H, and set up to be notified on Amazon.

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering when N/APower was going to join this conversation. haha

It would be really cool if Surefire offered a single mode head like the KX2C, based off the E2D Ultra.

I also pre-ordered mine from B&H, and set up to be notified on Amazon.

I've done business with B&H before and have been very happy. However, I don't want to lock myself into a backorder that is 3 weeks out when another place may have them sooner.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only found it available for sale on one other site (Opsgear), but I've never used them before.

B&H has received thousands of my dollars, so I won't feel bad if I end up cancelling the order because it ends up in stock at Amazon first.

Grizz

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
I've only found it available for sale on one other site (Opsgear), but I've never used them before.

B&H has received thousands of my dollars, so I won't feel bad if I end up cancelling the order because it ends up in stock at Amazon first.

Grizz

Great point. I saw opsgear also. But, was a little hesitant myself. Makes you wonder if amazon was getting them from opsgear, tho.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ouch, I have a greenish EB1, hope this is not a trend since most of the legacy SF's I own have pretty good tints.

I saw the E2DL Ultra on Amazon the other day but I think I will wait for the possible EB2 since I'm afraid even a subdued strike bezel might prompt some zealous international airport security checkpoint to confiscate the light as a weapon.

Looks like I donated a Malkoff MDC HA 1AA to a checkpoint in China the other day, I had it before I went through the metal detector but probably left it in a tray that went through the machine. :shakehead

The XM-L is too big to be totally focused by a TIR optic of that size, so you'll get more flood from the E2DL Ultra.

I put an XP-G2 in a SF E1B and the mismatch with the optic did give the light more spill but that was fine for my purposes.

I wonder if the E2DL-U has the same optic as the EB1 but with an XM-L2 to get the 500 lumens and more spill?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recall seeing it when I ordered mine, but B&H's product page now states expected availability of May 29th. :(

At least that should give enough time for early purchasers to post beam shots and full reviews.

Grizz

N/Apower

Enlightened
My m300 isn't greenish. It's the same as my x300u. It has a very slight hint of yellow, if anything, and I love it. Great color rendition and cuts through dirty or drizzly air better than cool blue or white.

There will be single mode heads. You can bet the m600 weapon light will be updated with one.

biglights

Enlightened
My m300 isn't greenish. It's the same as my x300u. It has a very slight hint of yellow, if anything, and I love it. Great color rendition and cuts through dirty or drizzly air better than cool blue or white

I would say that is how mine looks also, it is just around the outside of the hotspot. Plus it is only noticeable indoors, shinning on a wall. Not a big deal. For how small the head is the on the E2DL U it is quite impressive in the distance it can reach. It keeps up with my Fury and ArmyTek Viking and both of those heads are a lot bigger. The Fury has a wider spill beam, but the E2Dl beats the A/T all around.

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
I would say that is how mine looks also, it is just around the outside of the hotspot. Plus it is only noticeable indoors, shinning on a wall. Not a big deal. For how small the head is the on the E2DL U it is quite impressive in the distance it can reach. It keeps up with my Fury and ArmyTek Viking and both of those heads are a lot bigger. The Fury has a wider spill beam, but the E2Dl beats the A/T all around.

I was wondering how it would preform in comparison to the Fury. I have a fury, and for me, it has a perfect beam with nice flood. I just love it. I just have the desire to have something that will reach out farther with some intensity. I have a E1B that I carry daily. And, while it is comparing apples to oranges. The little E1B appears to throw farther then the Fury (to the naked eye). I figure if I can pick up a E2DL ultra with the TIR optic, it will serve that purpose well.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most Surefire E-series with TIR optic produce about 200 real out the front lumens and close to 10K lux, with old XR-E. That included the old X300 and some Surefire backups. That much throw is hard to replicate even by bigger lights in the 25~30mm bezel range and that is why Surefire TIR had been so awesome. NOTE: I did have 2 Surefire LX2 tested and both produce 240ish real OTF lumens.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm actually interested in this light. Hoping to see some comparisons between it and the older 200 lumen E2DL or LX2.

I'm interested as well. I'm still a little bummed out about the LX2 Ultra not making it to market but I believe a new E2DL Ultra will help me get over it!

biglights

Enlightened
Most Surefire E-series with TIR optic produce about 200 real out the front lumens and close to 10K lux, with old XR-E. That included the old X300 and some Surefire backups. That much throw is hard to replicate even by bigger lights in the 25~30mm bezel range and that is why Surefire TIR had been so awesome. NOTE: I did have 2 Surefire LX2 tested and both produce 240ish real OTF lumens.

I would say that it is all of 500+ lumens. I would also guess that it is close to the 20k range. I also compared it to my E.T. TX25C2 and the E2DL was right there. Selbuilt tested his at around 23k I think.

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
It keeps up with my Fury and ArmyTek Viking and both of those heads are a lot bigger. The Fury has a wider spill beam, but the E2Dl beats the A/T all around.
Is that a first gen Viking S or Viking X, or the new XP-G2 Viking or Viking Pro? I'm not jumping on one of these yet. I liked my EB1T, but it lacked enough spill, IMO, for a pocket / secondary light. It did have amazing throw for such a small length and diameter head though. I'm also still hoping that Surefire produces the thus far only rumored EB2T, which is supposed to replace the LX2 much like the EB1T replaced the LX1. Updating the M600 with a single mode version of this head, and selling that head alone as weapon light upgrade (KX2D? KX2U?) wouldn't hurt my feelings either. It would lower the price of admission for those of us who already have E Series bodies. For now I'll just look forward to beam shots like everyone else is.