SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

Cole07

Enlightened
I just recieved my e1b and I love it, but once the eb1 hits I will be replacing my e1b as long as the output is significantly higher. Gotta love Surefire reliabilty. Thats why this e1b is my new edc, that and the relatively good throw out of a single cr123 light.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any news about it´s release?

I´m asking because I´ll be in NYC next month and I would love to buy one EB1.

If not, probably I´ll gonna take one LX2...

EDIT:

Well, well, I just found this at BHPhoto website:

SureFire EB1 Backup 200 lumens (Silver)

• 1.1" Bezel
  • 5 / 200 Lumens
  • Compact Dual-Output LED
  • Mil-Spec Hard-Anodized Aluminum
  • Two-Way Carry Clip
  • Battery Included
  • Made in the USA

• B&H # SUEB1CASL
  • Mfr # EB1C-A-SL

New item, not available yet
Expected availability: July 30 2012

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several people have recently left SureFire's marketing team, including my contact, so it's taking a little while to get new info. However, samples for us have been confirmed, but the current release target is late July.
Any new release date info?

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
i cant remember if i read it here or in the sf 2012 catalog but it sounded like there will be a thingamajig that plugs in to the computer (hopefully also a mac) via usb. you place the led head down facing the thing and it programs it that way somehow. i may be wrong but i think i read that somewhere. i hope you can also make it low/high rather than the normal high/low. i want to make it come on 'moonlight/1 lumen/whatever is lowest' first then come on the max last.

Anyone know how the light will be programable? thru software on a pc, I would assume?

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, post has been going on since 2/8/12,,hope we hear more info sometime soon

brianna

Enlightened
The Surefire EB1 is scheduled for a 4th quarter release. Production is to be started in November. It should be available mid to late November. Run time is not confirmed yet, but 200 lumens for production has been confirmed. At this time everything is a go for the new EB1.

funzel

Newly Enlightened
Today a german flashlight dealer listed the EB1 for october 15th 2012 @ 296 € (378 US$)! :thinking:
I think this is a "do-not-order-now" price.
What do you think?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today a german flashlight dealer listed the EB1 for october 15th 2012 @ 296 € (378 US$)! :thinking:
I think this is a "do-not-order-now" price.
What do you think?

I think Europeans are getting the shaft when it comes to imports due to their high tariffs. For such a price has to include all the taxation. Surefire knows they couldn't charge that much and get away with it...

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
The Surefire EB1 is scheduled for a 4th quarter release. Production is to be started in November. It should be available mid to late November. Run time is not confirmed yet, but 200 lumens for production has been confirmed. At this time everything is a go for the new EB1.

Do we know if the two stage tail cap like the L1 is still going to be an option???

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us hope the EB1 does not join the lamented LX1 among those "things that were not to be."

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Of these 2 lights that cost about the same, which would you rather have? This light, the Surefire EB1 200 Lumen backup flashlight, or the HDS Clicky/Rotary?
[h=2]To me, its a no-brainer.[/h]

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Quality and reliability is what is most important to me as well. I just don't think it should have taken the E1B new model EB1 four years to hit 200 lumen's. Also for the person that thinks 200 lumen's for the T1A is too much. Did you forget about the wonderful UI? Dial the brightness you need. Since the T1A is almost as long and heavy as the current E1B, 200 lumen's would make up for the size and weight of this so called key chain light. As I would like to call it a pocket paper weight. Plenty of weight for heat seeking 200 lumen's on the T1A. Most likely it will take 4 more years for this model to hit 200 lumen's. Quality and reliability is the most important factor. It is just that it makes me sad to hear people wanting to mod a new Surefire because the emitter is so out of date. Nothing should need to be done for a new light. We may be enthusiasts, but even the general public can appreciate a quality up to date product.

HDS has been at the 200 lumen mark for a while now. I Sort of use this as a quality bench mark. I agree it should not be a lumen game but quality and reliability comes first. If HDS can do 200 lumen's with quality, durability and reliability, then there is no reason Surefire should have lagged behind for so long.

Yes there is. Their profit margins get wider over time, because people will still buy their outdated emitters, and defend Surefire for selling an outdated product.

You know, as if swapping an outdated Cree emitter for a newer Cree emitter on the same single-output board would affect reliability.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the later light but the E1B i do have, and its a great light i added the e2d TC and the TIR is great this is one thing that made me real glad i bought it,,Granted i know of surefire quality, the cost for a small light was quickly justified after i received it
Wow! Of these 2 lights that cost about the same, which would you rather have? This light, the Surefire EB1 200 Lumen backup flashlight, or the HDS Clicky/Rotary?
[h=2]To me, its a no-brainer.[/h]