SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

N/Apower

Enlightened
Yes there is. Their profit margins get wider over time, because people will still buy their outdated emitters, and defend Surefire for selling an outdated product.

You know, as if swapping an outdated Cree emitter for a newer Cree emitter on the same single-output board would affect reliability.

For certain uses, surefire still dominates. I have tried tons of p60 drop ins in vme and other adapter heads and still I run surefire kx2c on it. I have to find anything all around better as a weapon light when it comes to throw/hotspot size and runtime.

djdawg

Enlightened
New here ...... Theres so much to learn , I like SureFire but it seems theres other brands better that Ive never even heard of (HDS)?
I have about 12 SF,s and thought they were the cats azz , now Iam not so sure .........I,ll still get a EB-1 just because its there .....LOL

DrGadgetstein

Newly Enlightened
New here ...... Theres so much to learn , I like SureFire but it seems theres other brands better that Ive never even heard of (HDS)?
I have about 12 SF,s and thought they were the cats azz , now Iam not so sure .........I,ll still get a EB-1 just because its there .....LOL

I couldn't agree more. I stumbled into this forum when I started looking for a new pocket flashlight. This has been an eye opener for sure. I started by preordering two Surefire EB1 and the existing 90 lumen little T1A Titan. Then I stumbled into the HDS line and I've ordered a rotary. Should be here in 8 weeks I was told. Now I've got my eye on those titaniums and Nichia LED lights in high CRI. I hope I said all that properly.

I'll keep watching this post for any updates and I'll be sure to let everyone know when my EB1 ships.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't agree more. I stumbled into this forum when I started looking for a new pocket flashlight. This has been an eye opener for sure. I started by preordering two Surefire EB1 and the existing 90 lumen little T1A Titan. Then I stumbled into the HDS line and I've ordered a rotary. Should be here in 8 weeks I was told. Now I've got my eye on those titaniums and Nichia LED lights in high CRI. I hope I said all that properly.

I'll keep watching this post for any updates and I'll be sure to let everyone know when my EB1 ships.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems some folks that ordered a HDS in january are still waiting. im sure theres also a huge backlog.
im actually surprised you were told 8 weeks. thats just a blatant lie in my opinion.
i have very high regards for HDS lights, but ive given up on obtaining a rotary... but with all the frustrations, i assume Henry of HDS is suffering the worst of it.
there are a couple of HDS threads that can keep you updated and informed.

apologizes to getting off topic,
the EB1 dual-stage momentary will be very hard for me to resist... since i do very much love my surefire L1s.
itll be very interesing how the tailcap threads are. will it be E-series compatible dual-stage momentary? and the circuitry for both the dual stage momentary, and 2-mode clicky will be different.

IMightBeWrong

Newly Enlightened
I'm still very happy with my E1B Backup. It's blown away every other light I've carried. I now accompany it with a small AAA light for everyday lighting uses rather than going straight for the brightest output on my person, though. But when I'm out and about at night and it's dark, the E1B is always handy. It's already kept me safe multiple times as well - finding a rattlesnake out at night before stepping on it to find it the hard way for example. I've also destroyed so many other lights in such little time that SureFire has made me a pretty firm believer. I'm willing to wait for the new light as long as it takes. It's not like my E1B is outdated anyway - this thing throws a beam further than a lot of 200+ lm lights I've had from competitors building in China.

Fubs

Newly Enlightened
I've been waiting on the EB1 for months since I've learned about it and I've been looking for an EDC light that is easy on the pants, bright, has good throw. Almost twice a week I would visit this thread, do a google search, look it up on youtube, and look at the surefire website. Amazon has an EB1 clicky listed when you search for it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007S0L4FK/?tag=cpf0b6-20

The page says it's being sold by OpticsPlanet and their page for the EB1 is one of the top few results on google.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefir...plusbox-beta&gclid=CKXC1bO2nbMCFcN_QgodvlIApQ

I checked surefire's main site but I haven't done any deep digging, the EB1 isn't on surefire's website. Can anyone else confirm this? Sorry if i'm not supposed to post outside links, I don't come by here often.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you said, it shows up on the retail site but it still shows estimated ship time of 15-25 days - same as it has shown for the past several weeks. I'm sure you could order one today but I think it's still up in the air as to when they will actually be available and shipping.

I'm waiting for these to come out myself. I hope it's soon.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could google purple polka-dot penguins and it would come up on OpticsPlanet website. But they never have what you want in stock.

Last edited:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's latest release date is 11/15, according to SureFire marketing. When the date gets closer, I'll check with them and see if it's still on track.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
If all you're looking for is brightness the Tiablo will win. In all other categories, the Surefire makes the Tiablo a toy.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
looking to get a good light how do they compare to a tiablo a10

I think the lights are in two completely different categories. The Backups tend to appeal to people looking for a more compact light... I carry one in my pocket to work everyday. If you were looking for a Surefire to compete with your Tiablo, you might want to look into one of the 6V models.

brianna

Enlightened
November 2012 release date is not going to happen. Confidential production problem has now changed the release date to Jan - March 2013.
They do intend to produce this light. I just hope they do it while we are still young. I find it extremely ridiculous that they come out with a 2012 catalogue and half their stuff as history shows is vaporware.

Latest posts