SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Seems like MSRP now. Pls share if you find a vendor who's selling near or less the $200 mark. Thanks.
You find one discounting a SureFire model, and he's instantly going to have his Authorized Dealer status yanked by SureFire. The company doesn't tolerate that.

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
You find one discounting a SureFire model, and he's instantly going to have his Authorized Dealer status yanked by SureFire. The company doesn't tolerate that.

Got my SureFire EDCL2-T for barely over a bill. From Big Daddy Unlimited...before all the, eh, stuff.

matt4350

Enlightened
Been a while since anyone commented on this post, so I thought I'd throw in an opinion.

Having recently become the owner of the EDC2, I placed my Malkoff M91T in the kit bag and carried the EDC2 on the belt. First job in the night was patrolling a large park for a suspect, shining it from the car. Didn't find the bloke we were after, but the reach of this light made the job a whole lot easier. I later used it to search for another one inside a very large warehouse complex, shining it into large indoor spaces. Very happy I could see so much further. Bit further on in the shift I thought I might need another light to search inside a vehicle but gave the low setting a try to see how I'd go. Surprisingly adequate, I found. I expected to have only a small spot of light but the spread of light was enough to get the job done without any issue. Not ideal, but certainly adequate. I keep a Wedge in my pocket and didn't bother getting it out.

So, this light is no edc in the traditional sense, but as a night shift belt light I'm mighty impressed. I still have much love for my Malkoff and Elzettas, but this light definitely brings something different to the party. I'm carrying it in a Nite-Ize stretch holster, seems to hold it very well bezel up. I'm finding bezel up is not really a concern since we started putting lights on our weapons.

I've read a couple disparaging comments that the light is too expensive (Redditors mainly, not sure they really get it!) but I'm happy I've spent a little more to get something in this size that seems to be a solution to many issues. I haven't used it to search small rooms, and I'm guessing the Wedge will be more appropriate when the time comes, but I'm giving this light the double-thumbs-up! 😊

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The more I think about it, the more I can't stand the two-way clip on the EDC2-DFT. Maybe it's useful on the EDC1-DFT. But the 2 is far too long to have that sort of clip. Designed for bezel-down carry. But the other direction? Doesn't work for bezel-up carry. Plus, whose going to try to clip this model to the brim of a baseball cap or a Trucker's hat; for use as an improvised headlamp?

Even worse than that.... It's smooth! Anyone else remember the nearly cheese-grater checking SureFire used to offer back in the day? The sort that you could literally saw through a 2AA Mini-mag. body! Your hand could be soaked in motor oil, and that light in your fist wouldn't move a millimeter! But then, guys with soft, supple hands and dainty little fingers started beotchin' and moaning about the "overly aggressive" checkering. For some stupid reason, SureFire is still catering to them. Checkering hurting your hands? Go get a real job and put some callouses on them. Checkering eating through your pocket seam? Go buy better pants that aren't cheaply-made knock-offs!

But seriously, this model needs a dedicated bezel-down clip and some E2E style checkering from back in the day.

matt4350

Enlightened
The more I think about it, the more I can't stand the two-way clip on the EDC2-DFT. Maybe it's useful on the EDC1-DFT. But the 2 is far too long to have that sort of clip. Designed for bezel-down carry. But the other direction? Doesn't work for bezel-up carry. Plus, whose going to try to clip this model to the brim of a baseball cap or a Trucker's hat; for use as an improvised headlamp?

Even worse than that.... It's smooth! Anyone else remember the nearly cheese-grater checking SureFire used to offer back in the day? The sort that you could literally saw through a 2AA Mini-mag. body! Your hand could be soaked in motor oil, and that light in your fist wouldn't move a millimeter! But then, guys with soft, supple hands and dainty little fingers started beotchin' and moaning about the "overly aggressive" checkering. For some stupid reason, SureFire is still catering to them. Checkering hurting your hands? Go get a real job and put some callouses on them. Checkering eating through your pocket seam? Go buy better pants that aren't cheaply-made knock-offs!

But seriously, this model needs a dedicated bezel-down clip and some E2E style checkering from back in the day.
You've definitely recognised the points for improvement, I'm not overly concerned about the clip but something similar to the Wedge clip with a bit more length would be absolutely brilliant. As for some type of knurling or the like, everybody could learn from Elzetta! The bodies of the Bravo, and particularly the Charlie with the extra length, are just unbeatable for grip.

akula88

Enlightened
20240410_145941.jpg

Finally the -HA arrived a few days ago. Finish is ODish brown, and is a bit lighter when compared to the finish of the older Outdoorsman E1/2L-U

20240410_150447.jpg