Surefire Fury-DFT Battery Compatibility?

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
Been carrying Fenix lights now for the longest time. And they're great... but they break. I'd like to get back into a Surefire and the Fury-DFT seems like a really great candidate. But I've heard they have issues if you use anything other than a Surefire 18650 (I guess they're slightly longer?). Is there a workaround this? Has anyone come up with a spacer or adapter or anything. I have really good quality 18650 batteries and I don't want to just not use them. Most of my 18650s are either Eagletac or Fenix button tops in the 3400mah range. And to be honest it's a deal breaker if I can use them in a flashlight.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only know that the Fury DFT has (maybe had) electronic issues. There were Reports About dead LEDs.

I would wait for the nee DFT models that are in the 2022 catalog. There is a 18350 and a 18650 model...

I own a Surefire Peacekeeper that is 18650 capable and this light is not only limited to 18650 cells by SF. Therefore I guess it is also no problem with the Fury,..

chip100t

Enlightened
I have a dual fuel fury intelibeam and it works fine with standard Fenix protected 18650. I used one before buying a fenix ARB-L18-3500U that is the same size and a good spare for the usb surefire battery that came with my fury.