SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

jellydonut

Enlightened
Both the EDCL-1T/2T will be new additions to the product line, available for actual purchase *very* soon as opposed to months from now. I've been carrying a pre-production prototype 1T for the last couple of months and have been pretty pleased. I'm biased though, as I spec'd both these lights.

I guessed as much from the JJ in your user name!

I almost can't believe that we're getting a return to the good old E-series with the best old UI. I wonder what made SF change their mind.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the EDCL-1T/2T will be new additions to the product line, available for actual purchase *very* soon as opposed to months from now. I've been carrying a pre-production prototype 1T for the last couple of months and have been pretty pleased. I'm biased though, as I spec'd both these lights.
Thanks for the info! I'll be purchasing one of each as soon as they are available. Plus I already have a E2T-MV on preorder :)

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
JJRG, I have to ask - I am sorry - do you know if 16650 will fit this light? Will it work? :) I know it's not endorsed by Surefire but I still like to have the option to run rechargeable batteries (16650 have 2500 mAh).

JJRG

Newly Enlightened
JJRG, I have to ask - I am sorry - do you know if 16650 will fit this light? Will it work? :) I know it's not endorsed by Surefire but I still like to have the option to run rechargeable batteries (16650 have 2500 mAh).

I don't have any on hand, or I'd check. I'll maybe try to pick some up this week.

andrew.ho

Newly Enlightened
This is very exciting news! I wonder if there is any plan with updating the surefire pens line-up? :wave::wave:

JJRG

Newly Enlightened
Any idea what pricing on this one is going to start at? Looks like a cool light; I really like the two-stage tail switch of the LX2.

Pricing isn't my area, I *think* M.A.P. For the 2 Will be around $170-$180, but that's a guess and not an official answer.

rjking

Enlightened
I'm in for EDCL-1T 1xCR123A 500 Lumens or maybe both.

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think i am going to need one of each of these, I still like my old L2 for its two stage tailcap.

Any idea of runtimes on high yet ?
Hopefully they will run on 16340 rechargeable without too much of a brightness/runtime penalty.

Last edited:

aphid

Newly Enlightened
The EDCL-1T looks very promising to me as the third Surefire in my stable(Sidekick & E2D).

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typical surefire. They always have conflicting specs. Is the tactician 5,7 or 15 lumens on low?

Also appears the edcl line doesn't have lanyard rings. Also claims a worthless 5 lumen low. Of course that could be incorrect as well. Hell, they may never be available anyway.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typical surefire. They always have conflicting specs. Is the tactician 5,7 or 15 lumens on low?

Also appears the edcl line doesn't have lanyard rings. Also claims a worthless 5 lumen low. Of course that could be incorrect as well. Hell, they may never be available anyway.
It's ok. If the 5 lumen low isn't bright enough you can just burn your eyes with the 1200lm high :fail:. It's a cool light, but I don't see how it could make a practical daily carry.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
At all 5 Lumens on low are good for me. I love my E1L Outdoorsman, and the 5 Lumens low is great. The "Pictures" of the EDCL lights looks really nice. Seems to be two really cool lights. FRom what we know I like the design also.

Also the both dual fuel Furys are also very nice. Seems Surefire did a Fusion of Fury P2X and Peacekeeper P1X. Good to see there are two 18650 light choices. The only hope I have is Surefire sells the new Furys without 18650 and charger. The charger in the Peacekeeper package is in comparsion to a "standard" Xtar charger (not the "deluxe" chargers with Display) crap. I never used this thing...

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lumen83

Enlightened
Darn, I was all in until I read that it had a 5 lumen low. Way too low for EDC tasks for me. Not low enough for other tasks too. Just right in the middle where it doesn't help at all. I like the 15 lumen low they have on a lot of lights.