Surefire Lego?

flash_bang

Enlightened
I think I'll end up playing E series lego because it's cheaper(I think)
Does anyone know if the E2D strike bezel can be taken off(just the strike part, not the whole bezel) and be transplanted onto a KX2? If not, which ones will it go on?
What's a TW4?
Thanks much,
Flash

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hi Flash !
Yes, the E2D bezel can be taken off, but you'd need to break the sealing materials first, and that could be somewhat difficult.

No, it can be transferred to the KX2 as this one does not use a bezel in that style.

The TW4 is the KL4 head on a 1-cell E-Series body. The name comes from Tactical Warehouse. They sold this configuration some time back.

bernie

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
As of now the only Lego I have to play with is my L4 with an E series bezel an LF HO-E2A. I am now, however, working on making my 9P breathe fire...

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I think I'll end up playing E series lego because it's cheaper(I think)
Does anyone know if the E2D strike bezel can be taken off(just the strike part, not the whole bezel) and be transplanted onto a KX2? If not, which ones will it go on?
What's a TW4?
Thanks much,
Flash

I've seen pictures of the E2D strike bezel installed on black KL4's that had been taken from Surefire Scout lights. These were on black E1Es with a E2D tailcap. Sweet!!!

It seems a few of us had the same idea. I put one of these together, but mine doesn't have the strike bezel. Mine is just a black KL4 on a black E1E with a E2D tailcap.

tussery

Enlightened
Here is my L4D as I like to call it.
P1010113.JPG

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
9P with 3 one cell extenders, KT4 with MN61 and 3 x 17670's. :naughty:

6P with 2 once cell extenders, P91 with 2 x 17670's.

With some CR123's RCR123's, 17500's, an HO-9, EO-9, P-60, P61, P-90, MN16, and MN15 that I have, I can make quite a few combinations with the above stuff. :thumbsup:

flash_bang

Enlightened
WOW! nice collection there!
I was wondering…are the SW02's really worth the 65 bucks?
I was thinking of upgrading my G2 to a z46 with MN10 and an A19 and a clicky tailcap, or do that but sub the g2 body and A19 with a 3x123 leef body.

I think I'll get an E2L, see how good the color rendition is, see what I need more of(flood, spot, or a combination thereof) and then purchase my next light accordingly. If the color rendition is good, I'll wait and get the KX5'd L5 when SF releases it. If not, I'll get an M3, M3T, or M4. I'm edging towards the M3T, and then I can get the Z46 later, and I think that's cheaper than getting the M3 and then the 175 dollar turbohead assembly.

Opticsplanet has a lot of the stuff I'm looking at, like the Z46, SW02 and some stuff for weapons lights like a Z46-CB and LU10 for using the universal weaponlight battery housing, the LU10 is just a male-male bezel-body one cell extender, I think, the LU20 is the same, but two cells, and the LU60 is just male-male, no extender, just recoil protection, I think.

Sorry for the rambling post, but yeah.

HAGO,
Flash

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Had to ask....

Any of you guys experienced reliability issues with your legos?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The SW02 looks great and is very ergonomical. It is one of my preferred tailcaps.
However, I recall Al saying something about more electrical resistance in the SW02 et al than in the new switches. I am not too sure about this though.

bernie

Paladin

Enlightened
Eventually you will evolve past SF Lego, and enter the world of Leef Guilt Free Lumens Lego (LGFLL). No Surefires were harmed creating the LGFLL system, except for that one M972 which had it's (turbo) head chopped off.

Paladin
Captured_2007-6-28_00000.jpg

flash_bang

Enlightened
Whoooooooo! :twothumbs
I now enter the realm of surefire lego.
Today I got a Z59 tailcap from sportsman's warehouse. I figure, one clicky on my G2 is worth two in a warehouse :crackup::D:crackup:

So anyways, I'll prolly take a pic and post it sometime, maybe after I get home from boxing tomorrow.

HAGO,
Flash

PS, CLICKIES RULE!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY Z59!!!!!

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
Whoooooooo! :twothumbs
I now enter the realm of surefire lego.
Today I got a Z59 tailcap from sportsman's warehouse. I figure, one clicky on my G2 is worth two in a warehouse :crackup::D:crackup:

So anyways, I'll prolly take a pic and post it sometime, maybe after I get home from boxing tomorrow.

HAGO,
Flash

PS, CLICKIES RULE!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY Z59!!!!!

I've got a Sportsman's warehouse about 5 minutes away from me here in Phoenix, I'm going to be using my SF's alot as were moving so i'm going to get a few carded 2 packs of SF123A's and i might get a Z59 while i'm there. What are they charging? and how has the Z59 been so far?

djblank87

Enlightened
I do not have any Surefire legos yet. According to surefires website it states the P91 lamp is for the 9P, C3, D3 And Z3. I understand the difference between the P91 and the P61.

I'm just wondering would a P91 lamp fit into a 6P? I do not have any P91 lamps lying around or I would see for myself. Also would this just damage the hell out of the 6P or just suck down battery life like crazy?

Probaly not the right thread to ask this but I didn't want to start a new one for such a little quesiton?

:thinking:

AzGB

Enlightened
Easy answers for you...

The P60 and P61 are 6v (2 battery) lamps, making 65 lumens for an hour and 120 lumens for 20 minutes, respectively. The P90 and P91 are the 9v (3 battery) equivalents, 105 lumens for an hour and 200 lumens for 20 minutes, also respectively.

You could probably get light out of a P91 on a 6P, it just wouldn't be terribly strong or attractive, just not enough juice in 2 cells to make it magical.

Hope that helps... Funny, I would've said use the search function, but it takes forever to find anything around here lately. Answers just seemed easier.

labrat

Enlightened
P9x is for 9 Volts, P6x is for 6 Volts.
The C3, or other lights (D and Z,) with 3 in the name, is for 3 cells, giving 9 Volts.
The same for those with 2 in the name, for 2 cells, 6 Volts.
With the 9P and 6P the name refers to Volts, and since Surefire does not recommend or use rechargeable cells, this means 3 or 2 primary cells.
The bezels are interchangeable, so these are Surefire's original LEGO's!
I have not seen any product/model number on the bezels/heads for these lights.