Surefire LX2 (Part 3)

kaptein america

Newly Enlightened
I just logged in quickly after many months to search if that dang Lx1 had come out yet.
Haven't read through all the posts the past 4 months, but I can report my Lx2 is still my EDC and rocks reliably every time. No hassles with it. I love the UI, and have become quite good at twisting the beam to constant on with one hand in a quick snap. (both high & low)
Usually kept in my front pocket pants with only clip showing.

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi guys, my LX2 also goes with me everywhere i go:) I've got used to it's incredibly useful UI and completely lost any interest in future light purchases:p. (at least for a while). I just recieved F04 beamshaper, V91 holster and SC3 battery carrier. Beamshaper really transfers LX2 in 100% flood light! Very nice! I was also suprised by extraordinary high quality of battery carrier and V91 holster. Are they also made in USA?

MikeF

Enlightened
Hello MikeF. I have a solution for this problem. had it too.
1. call surefire or your dealer and tell them your problem and you'll get a brand new tailcap. as I did.
2. if you want the high mode right now you have to sand down the rim of the tailcap a littlebit. dont forget to stuff some cotton wool in it first so the electronics and threads wont get in contact with the aluminium dust and the spring is pressed back in. be careful not to take too much material off. just a lililbit. try. works? if not, another few circles on the sandpaper. and so on until your'e fine.
after this procedure it works.:thumbsup: this particular problem is located at the slightly too high rim of the tailcap. hope could help.

Thanks nutsobad. I'll do the first step Monday and step 2 sometime later today.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I just purchased an LX2 yesterday, in Tulsa. This light is just perfect, in my opinion. It replaces my L2, which has been perma-borrowed by a family member.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to getting mine from the raffle :D

My old A2 might finally get to retire from EDC duty.

Regards,
Tempest

Jethro

Newly Enlightened
Another very, very happy LX2 owner here. Actually shocked to see there were complaints and problems with this light. I carry it all day every day, use it hard and it still delivers. I hope to be carrying this light for years to come.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm looking forward to getting mine from the raffle :D

My old A2 might finally get to retire from EDC duty.

Regards,
Tempest

I'd be happy to take that old purple A2 off your hands. I'll even pay for the shipping. ;)

insanegorilla

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum but not new to surefire. Thanks to you guys I got my LX2 recently and I love it!! EDC with my L1 and I'm planning to get a E1B.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
New to the forum but not new to surefire. Thanks to you guys I got my LX2 recently and I love it!! EDC with my L1 and I'm planning to get a E1B.

Hi insanegorilla, :welcome:

Like you I got the LX2, but unlike you I made a mistake of selling away the L1 as I thought I don't really need it since I had other single cell LED lights on hand. Big mistake actually. I love the L1 for the throw and functionality.

Anyway, I got myself a silver E1B later on and I must say I love it a lot! In fact I carried and used the E1B everyday, much more than the LX2 now. I reserved the LX2 for times when I needed that little bit more power and run-time and the E1B for full-time day to day usage. IMHO, all the Surefires I have are nicely made! Beautiful in fact.

If you are getting the E1B, try the silver one. I wasn't convinced of the color so it took me quite awhile to decide if I should get the silver one but the more I look at it, the more I loved the silver color. It is so different from the normal black ones which IMO, is starting to look boring.

BigKev75

Newly Enlightened
Hello Forum, this is my first post. I want to buy a Surefire LX2 as my first good light.

insanegorilla

Newly Enlightened
I almost bought the silver one at a local gun store and I'm close to ordering the black E1B online. I might give it a second thought.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi insanegorilla, :welcome:

Like you I got the LX2, but unlike you I made a mistake of selling away the L1 as I thought I don't really need it since I had other single cell LED lights on hand. Big mistake actually. I love the L1 for the throw and functionality.

Anyway, I got myself a silver E1B later on and I must say I love it a lot! In fact I carried and used the E1B everyday, much more than the LX2 now. I reserved the LX2 for times when I needed that little bit more power and run-time and the E1B for full-time day to day usage. IMHO, all the Surefires I have are nicely made! Beautiful in fact.

If you are getting the E1B, try the silver one. I wasn't convinced of the color so it took me quite awhile to decide if I should get the silver one but the more I look at it, the more I loved the silver color. It is so different from the normal black ones which IMO, is starting to look boring.

I agree, the silver does look very nice. I have a black one and recently gave my fiancée a silver one. She loves her silver E1B. The E1B does seem to compliment the LX2 quite nicely.

ebarber

Newly Enlightened
Surefire LX2

Just bought myself one and I love it!
I was going to order it from Battery Junction but couldnt because they were shut down because of a fire.
I ended up ordering it from lumensflashlights.com
I was a little worried because I hadent heard if anyone had any experience with lumensflashlights yet.
They were fast and my LX2 arrived as promised.
This is the first high end flashlight I have ever bought as all I have owned in the past were Mag lights.
It will now be my EDC. I carry to much stuff in my pockets (phone,keys knife etc...) so being a holstermaker I made myself a nice belt carry holster for it.
I think I am now set!
Great forum you guys have here!:twothumbs

Eric

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire LX2

:welcome:

Sounds good man, you should make a few holsters and sell them over at marketplace to fund your new hobby, trust me it will drag you and your wallet in

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Eric, yes, welcome to CPF. Good idea abarth_1200 has. We are always looking for holsters for our lights. Is your holster set up for bezel up, or down carry?

Bill

msap

Newly Enlightened
Anyone having problems with their LX2 clip? They suck! Broke my first one after week or two of carrying the light. As usual, Surefire quickly sent me a new clip and it's good as new. I also got a new clip for my M2. I recently put my M2 back on my rifle so I don't need the clip. The M2 clip is way more stout than the LX2 clip so I figured I would see if the M2 clip fit the LX2. Yep! Fits perfect! No more cheapo LX2 clip for me. Just thought I would throw it out there in case it helps someone.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Anyone having problems with their LX2 clip? They suck! Broke my first one after week or two of carrying the light. As usual, Surefire quickly sent me a new clip and it's good as new. I also got a new clip for my M2. I recently put my M2 back on my rifle so I don't need the clip. The M2 clip is way more stout than the LX2 clip so I figured I would see if the M2 clip fit the LX2. Yep! Fits perfect! No more cheapo LX2 clip for me. Just thought I would throw it out there in case it helps someone.

Guessing here that the C2 clip would be the same as the M2?

Bill