Surefire Maximus, Minimus AA, Minimus Tactical and Minimus Vision!

pulstar

Enlightened
I would probably be ok with 'only' repair:). Since the lens seems to be securely epoxied to the housing, i wonder if position of the LED changed just by a small margin and lens started to scatter the light. Either way, not good if something unscrewes/changes after a while... First i thought i scrached the lens, but found out it's in pristine condition.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't mind sending it back. Lifetime warranty FTW:) On the side note: Has anyone already called Surefire about that issue? I would, but international calls are quite expensive and being foreign speaker there's an ever problematic language barrier. I can write and talk quite good, but specific conversations with native english speakers soon prove that wrong:)

I have and after explaining the issue the rep told me to send it in to be checked out. I never did because I recall reading in one of these thread that someone did return their light and SF deemed it normal and sent it back.

pulstar

Enlightened
That's bad news, since I recall that some headlamps were returned and replaced because of the reflection issue. I wonder if there's anything we can do... :( I really like everything about my Minimus, but that reflection really is annoying,

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If I find mine to be annoying in that respect, I'll break out my HF glass frosting / etchant (typically sourced from arts&crafts stores). Really worked well back in CPF's bulb frosting days. :)

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Minimus Vision. I hate the parasitic drain issue. I don't notice/mind the prismatic reflection.