Surefire P3X 1000 lumens!

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have any new info on this light? This might just be the first new SureFire in a couple of years that really has me interested. :popcorn:

Risky

Newly Enlightened
I cannot WAIT for the P3X. My P2X is my favorite EDC light. Honestly, I love it and use it more than my $300+ Overready custom C2.

Sorry, P2X just kills all the P60 lights to me and the P3X will downright obliterate.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Does anyone have any new info on this light? This might just be the first new SureFire in a couple of years that really has me interested. :popcorn:

I'll second that. A 1000 lumen Surefire that fits in your hand for "only" $250, or maybe less? They might just be getting their second purchase from me. Bought one years ago, then "saw the light" and went with other brands, but there's still something about a Surefire...

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed that B&H has the P3X listed on its website with an estimated 2-4 weeks to ship. The more interesting thing (to me anyway) is that they show both a P3X-A-BK and P3X-B-BK. One is listed as having a tactical tailcap and the other with a clicky, but both are listed as have a 15 lumen low and 1000 lumen high. Could the "tactical" version actually be SF's two-stage tactical tailcap (like the A2, LX2, EB1, etc.)? If so, that would be awesome. :popcorn:

Last edited:

cankster

Newly Enlightened
Agreed that would be awesome, I would probably have to get one if that were the case, on top of my EB2 I just purchased.

tonkem

Enlightened
I just noticed that B&H has the P3X listed on its website with an estimated 2-4 weeks to ship. The more interesting thing (to me anyway) is that they show both a P3X-A-BK and P3X-B-BK. One is listed as having a tactical tailcap and the other with a clicky, but both are listed as have a 15 lumen low and 1000 lumen high. Could the "tactical" version actually be SF's two-stage tactical tailcap (like the A2, LX2, EB1, etc.)? If so, that would be awesome. :popcorn:

Agreed, I love the 2 stage tactical switch of the Surefires, LX2, etc, as I would like them to offer it on the E1L as it is my all time go to light :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very satisfied with Ronac's 18650 body to my P2X Fury. Now I am just waiting for a similar 2x18650 body to P3X... It propably would be the decisive factor for me to get P3X!
However, before that I want to read some review how well the P3X head can dissipate the amount of heat from 1000lm.

Last edited:

Phry

Banned

Because this light will cost about $4 per hour to run on high!

SF make a fortune selling their batteries, hence the constant use of them even when better options exist.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because this light will cost about $4 per hour to run on high!

SF make a fortune selling their batteries, hence the constant use of them even when better options exist.

Such as?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

cland72, don't mind the troll, he or she just likes to bash SureFire and those who enjoy SureFire's products...

Here are some quotes from other threads:

Surefire new models are a joke. They are mostly talk.

It would be a shame to see Zebralight end up like that too.

This thing is already way overdue.

Hurry up ZL and release the thing!

this thing is the best you can get in a pocketable light at this time.
:rolleyes::banghead:

It never made sence to me why they put it in their "new" catolog if their not even sure that its gonna be released. They did that to me a few years ago with the replacement for the U2.
Makes them seem like they are innovative when they are in fact mostly talk.

Foolish or not there seem to be a lot of the buy American brigade, even if it is overpriced junk.

Advertising really does work too, as Surefire have shown. So it appears does saying your product is used by the us military, that gets lapped up by people like hungry seals!

In between buying those little expensive red cells Surefire sell that end up in the bin.

Oh that's right they have now, eventually, conceded to making rechargeable 18650 based lights. Years after all the others :rolleyes:

Many people who rant about Surefires being overpriced haven't ever tried them. I've owned and used both. The smoking deal I got on my only Streamlight notwithstanding, my Surefires offer the best bang for the buck, with respect to quality, of all my lights. At the opposite end would be the Fenixes I've purchased, which I feel were way overpriced for what they are.
I've owned and used both.

Tend to find the Surefire and Maglite fan boys are from the USA :rolleyes:

Lo

Surefire will send you a cheap part when it breaks because they had already charged you ten times the cost when you bought the thing!

Your assessment of reliability is nonsense.

Top tier "Chinese" lights? What?
Do you mean manufactured in China? If so I assume you think Apple products are "Chinese"?
Designed in China?
Designed BY a Chinese person?

Such USA buy American mentality.

Are Zebralight Chinese?

Do you know one of the designers at Surefire is Chinese?

Do you know the LED's and other parts IN your precious Surefire are made in China?

You said that if you want a light that will always work buy Surefire then told us how you have had Surefire lights fail!

Surefire should spend less time and money on advertising, marketing and suing other companies and concentrate on trying to keep up, which they are failing to do. Badly.

Phry

Banned
The SF brigade do offend easily.

Surefire make innovative products, release them quickly, use sensible rechargeable battery options and sell at reasonable prices. Best of all they are made in the USA so I don't need to give money to a foreign company.

Better?

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
+1 on darksucks clips for the P series. i have one on my fury & all my other P series lights & spares on hand for the p3x. I am very happy with this clip too. fits in SF holsters, well machined, good tension. i do not really use holsters much anymore now that I have this clip on my fury.

I went with the Dark Sucks pocket clip for my Fury and I couldn't be happier.

http://www.darksucks.com/store%20DS_SFClip.html