Surefire T1A Titan still worth it?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using mine every day now since I got them and am in love!
Crazy I am sure but the variable output is just so handy for me.

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Just checked and it looks like they're back to 99.95 for now...still a good buy IMO, they sold 310 so far.

I bought one and then another when they were at 89.95. I thought that would be the bottom! Both with 90 lumen stickers on the boxes and 2023 dated batteries. If these are fakes well "I'll be!" The UB3T I bought from them for $164 appears real as well.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
The two I bought are real. It would cost a lot of money to build a fake T1A with believable box and accessories and identical function to the original, likely more than could possibly be recouped after all the other costs were factored into the <$90 price.

Surefire discontinued the T1A, this is a clearance sale. The same kind of deep discounts were seen a couple of years ago when they discontinued most of their incans.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you underestimate the amount of fake stuff that comes from Asia.

Anyhow, I'm glad people are posting positive reviews of this. I'm excited to receive mine! :)

True, there are fakes that look pretty close to the real thing on ebay that ship from China! But the T1A from Botach isn't one of them.

nbp

Flashaholic
Are all the cheap T1As gone? I'm kinda regretting not picking up a spare when they were plentiful.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are all the cheap T1As gone? I'm kinda regretting not picking up a spare when they were plentiful.
The last I checked about a couple of days ago, there are only 3 left. Not surprising that they are gone. I was about to pay for it but thought against it. I am happy with my 70 lumen T1A and I guess I could use the cash somewhere.

Craig K

Enlightened
I just purchased a 90 lumen T1A Titan I got it from Ebay but I had to pay $170.00 looking forward to getting it.

Stainz

Enlightened
The C-note Titans from Botach apparently are gone, their evil-bay ad ran out 3-1 and they still haven't relisted. I've had mine for a couple of months - the 90 L variant - and it is fine. I wish I had bought a backup! Hind sight is 20-20 at any age. Congrats to those of you who took advantage of the closeout price.

Stainz

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got 2 from Botach and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite lights.

I like how low they can start off,so low that I can not see any beam where I am in light but plenty bright enough on that setting once I am dark adjusted.

I have been using one of them at night in the dark around the house and when camping hanging in my RV and I am still on the original battery too.

Just a great little light,still pricey for what it is but also a great value for me.

Hightower

Newly Enlightened
6 years forward and I bought a T1A Titan (NOS). Really like it

BR

Michael
LVj2pYS.jpg

nightshade

Enlightened
The SF Titan drivers can be a monumental PITA to work on, but, I absolutely and unequivocally admire the engineering and construction. You have to dig real deep to find the names of the engineers behind these marvels. Think about it, how many folks here actually know any of names of the brilliant folk who designed the drivers for the SF Titan, Liteflux LF series, NiteCore PD or the Jetbeam/Sunwayman magnetic ring lights? The real wizards behind the curtain. :bow: