Surefire Titan (factory sealed - EDIT: not anymore :D )

Should I open my factory sealed original Titan to find out S/N?

• Yes

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire Titan (factory sealed) - To Open, Or Not To Open

Curiosity killed the cat~. Whether or not this simple act will kill the selling price is ambiguous. Mine looked just like yours a couple months back and curiosity got the best of me. I got handsome number 0724! It's still brand new (minus the shrink-wrap) and yet on the MP for awhile now.

Since you already have an EDC and the battery thing was solved, I would keep it wrapped IF you plan on selling it. Not only does shiny wrap seem to obstruct the camera focus :naughty: but it might help in a future sale.

I really think #0724 is a nice combination of numbers.
Even though people value more with such numbers as #222, #333, #777, etc. :D

SFfanman

Enlightened

I really think #0724 is a nice combination of numbers.
Even though people value more with such numbers as #222, #333, #777, etc. :D

I agree. :thumbsup: That's why I called it handsome. :D

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK OK OK

I bought it - I couldn't help myself - I plan to use it - I opened it ...

And the winner is,

IMG_5255.JPG

She's a beauty - nice beam, not too blue at all.

How it was...

IMG_5253.JPG

How it is...took me about 10 seconds to decide to open it!!

IMG_5256.JPG

:grin2:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haha. That's awesome Dan! Is this your first Titan/T1A? I sure am going to have lots of nice lights of your to check out when you do that DC meet. ;)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nah, I owned 2 T1As at one time..one modded and one not. Sold the un-modded one, and guess what? I'm about to list the modded one! Nice warm beam with improved focus. Just don't need 'em both!

:wave:

And we really need to do the DC Photofest! Milky and I are kicking it around....it needs to happen. It would be so cool to 'meet' so many of my friends!

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Just never understood the concept behind a collector never opening or touching the item that he bought. With the exception of wine collectors who sometimes wait several years for a particular vintage to age before enjoying it, why never open it?

If the item is a pure investment that will definitely be sold at a later date, that's one thing. But to collect and enjoy it . . . Yeah, got to open it up. (Otherwise you're just the care-taker of a future owner's property.)

Glad to see an opening did in fact take place.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Couldn't leave it sealed - I want to USE it. My struggle with this hobby is keeping the collection within a budget level that I consider manageable. :eek:

If I could afford TWO of everything, it might just be that one is used and one remains 'shelved.' Unfortunately, considering the type of lights I enjoy collecting, that just isn't economically feasible!

So, whatever lights are in my collection are cared for, used and enjoyed. When I bought this one from Brighterisbetter, it was - from the start - with the intention of opening it and enjoying it. Glad I bought it and glad I opened it. I'd do it all over again! And anyway, I expect this one to make the "keeper" list.
:twothumbs lovecpf

SFfanman

Enlightened

Couldn't leave it sealed - I want to USE it. My struggle with this hobby is keeping the collection within a budget level that I consider manageable. :eek:

If I could afford TWO of everything, it might just be that one is used and one remains 'shelved.' Unfortunately, considering the type of lights I enjoy collecting, that just isn't economically feasible!

So, whatever lights are in my collection are cared for, used and enjoyed. When I bought this one from Brighterisbetter, it was - from the start - with the intention of opening it and enjoying it. Glad I bought it and glad I opened it. I'd do it all over again! And anyway, I expect this one to make the "keeper" list.
:twothumbs lovecpf

+1 Sounds good. :thumbsup: Still want to say "I told you so" refering to your last sentence. :devil: :lolsign:
You want my avatar? Now your more worthy of it than I.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 Sounds good. :thumbsup: Still want to say "I told you so" refering to your last sentence. :devil: :lolsign:
You want my avatar? Now your more worthy of it than I.

And you would be right! You finally convinced me!:thumbsup:

And as for the avatar, you should keep it - it's very cool....:D...and appropriate! :thumbsup:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, #939 has been with me for a few days and has settled in. It is a nice little user, my 'nighttime' light. thought I'd share a few photos...

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1650.JPG

Some lights were just meant to be used - in fact, MOST lights are meant to be used!