Take a TnC Survey! Let us know what YOU want!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TnC CR123 light

I with Bill and Larry on the CR2. Not to change the subject but a low/high switch included with a TNC CR2 based light would be ideal. I'm using my FireFly with the CR2 body and a 2-stage switch installed, (30 ohm). I find I use the low power most of the time and the CR2 cell lasts a REALLY long time!

03lab

Enlightened
Re: There\'s plenty of CR2 flashlight interest

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
A high quality, reasonably priced CR2 light is my dream light for EDC

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am going to try to keep the cost of the light around $80.00.
I will probably have 4 different colors.
HA- Natural
HA- Blue
HA- Red
HA- Green

javafool

Enlightened
Re: TnC CR123 light

[ QUOTE ]
TnC_Products said:
Gene, who makes your 2-stage switch you have on the fireFly?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only good thing I found with the original FireFly 2-stage switches is that they are removable. I am usually not 'that' negative but they are more of a problem than a solution.

03lab

Enlightened

Well, if it's CR2 based, consider this a preorder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd much rather see the two stage switch on the head, rather than the bottom of the body. The Li14430 with the switch on the head works flawlessly, unlike the Fire~Fly switch.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok.. I will make the light as small as I possibly can but I need to have enough aluminum to absorb the heat that the LED will put out. I don't want the light to be so small that the heat goes directly into your hand. I also want the light as bright as possible.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

TNC,
They're made up by Wayne Yamaguchi and sold through his "Dat2zip's Sandwich Shoppe" at www.anlighten.com I couldn't disagree with javafool more. The 3 I've used have worked flawlessly for me but that's my opinion. I wouldn't even consider buying a new light any longer without some sort of low/high switch! I'm also like a lot of the others here and I am really enamored with CR2 based lights.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened

Maybe you could have a head that will accept both CR123 and CR2 bodies. A fatter CR123 head on a skinnier CR2 body might not be as aesthetically pleasing as a perfectly cylindrical light, but that might be more reasonable than making two separate products. Maybe the CR2 body would be shorter in length, but the tube wall would be thicker so as to make the external diameter the same as the CR123 head and body?

By the way, a couple other CR2 light related items:

Recently, 90 CPFers pre-paid $248.50 for a Katokichi Ichishiki. It appears there's a *lot* of interest in high-quality CR2 lights. Not that I'm suggesting that should be the benchmark price, mind you...

Katokichi Ichishiki

Anybody remember this thread?

Larry's "CR2 from scratch" thread

Hmmm... since Larry's published the specs, does that mean it's "open source"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

A CR2 based light that is the same size as a 123 light would be a waste. Why use a CR2 then?

Larry's light is the ideal as far as I am concerned!!!

Bill

FRANKVZ

Enlightened

TNC, if you follow the link Hookd_On_Photons posted that leads to Larrys Cr2 he says that he posted the drawings so that someone may produce these lights. Whata say. Please!

Mrd 74

Enlightened

Ask anyone who has one of Larrys lights and we will all say it's in a class all its own .....just do it and you'll be constantly backordered.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

From what I understand about the katokichi light, it was first available in extremely limited quantities and alot of flashlight junkies just drooled over what they couldn't have. There was desire smoldering for months that enable it to command that price (imho). The same is true for the larry lights, lots of smoldering desire already there. I think the firefly was based on a larry light.

03lab

Enlightened

The larry light is absolutely perfect and one of the best looking lights out there IMHO. It's also one of the very few CR2 lights, whereas there are already plenty of affordable CR123 lights available.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Sorry, Chris...

[ QUOTE ]
FRANKVZ said:
TNC, if you follow the link Hookd_On_Photons posted that leads to Larrys Cr2 he says that he posted the drawings so that someone may produce these lights. Whata say. Please!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops! It appears I've inadvertently hijacked this thread by mentioning the LarryLight. Sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guys, I'm not sure that Chris would necessarily want TnC to be known as the Resurrector of the LarryLight. That would inevitably draw comparisons to the original ("Yeah, that TnC clone of the LarryLight is pretty good, but it's not as good as the original!"). I would guess that Chris would want to stake his claim to fame on the basis of the merits of his own designs.

Having said that, I would be first in line to purchase a LarryLight manufactured by TnC... (or anybody else, actually) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

There's one other consideration... If you go poking around in the archives for LarryLight threads, you'll see what a PITA it is to make them.

Ohhhh... what the heck. Here are the links. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Larry's CR2 Light Revisited (Long)

The CR2 II (Long)

A Luxeon light that fits *inside* of a FireFly?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I'm not saying that TnC should resurrect the LarryLight. But if TnC would happen to manufacture a very small, variable output, high quality Luxeon CR2 light I think there would be huge demand... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Latest posts