Take a TnC Survey! Let us know what YOU want!

shooter08

Newly Enlightened
Its quite simple I would like a light that
looks and functions just like an Arc AAA.
That light IMHO is the best key-chain light ever made /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
shooter08: check out Peak LED Solutions.

Do these look like what you want: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peak LED Solutions Discounted Items

Peak is selling off their old stock of "prototype" AAA lights with the lug-tail bodies. If you can wait a few weeks, they'll be restocking them in HA-III and brass. (look near the bottom of this page:)

Peak LED Solutions Accessories

They are structurally *identical* to the Arc AAA. The electronics are probably different, because Peak doesn't use Nichia 5mm LEDs, and doesn't overdrive them.

Here's a comparison between the Arc AAA, Peak 3-LED AAA, and a LED_ASAP Arc AAA Luxeon mod:

Comparison: AAAs. Arc, Peak 3 LED, LEDASAP Arc

Chris: sorry to link to Peak in this thread, I'm just trying to help direct a fellow CPFer to information. I figure you're not directly competing with any of their products, since you occupy different niches in the flashaholic food chain...

Frangible

Enlightened
Re: There\'s plenty of CR2 flashlight interest

Body -- HA3 natural aluminum, no contest. Titanium sounds cool, but it is a very poor heat sink and scratches easily. Not a good material for a pocket flashlight, at all.

Battery -- Sorry, but no CR2 for me. I like AAA. High capacity and standardized. Not that long, and thin enough to not be annoying in a pocket. Being able to swap out the battery if it dies with a standard cell is important to me. A CR2 is the same width as a AA cell, way too fat imo. (which is why EDC'ing my Arc LS annoyed me)

Light -- A 1W Luxeon is plenty bright imo, I'd just like 2 or 3 brightness settings. "MAX" and "Arc AAA" would be great.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Re: There\'s plenty of CR2 flashlight interest

AA or AAA powered angle flashlight which can be jacket or helmet mounted in preferably HA111 black. Could either be a module to adapt existing flashlight or in a completely new form factor.

Looking across the available market place there are few products that meet this criteria. I've always felt that there is potential for this type of product but as yet no one has tried to cater for it?

Doug

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Any word on the CR123 light?

Yeah, I know the current run of Key-Lux AAs isn't finished, and the new run of Key-Lux Ns is on deck...

Looks like the CR2 groupies (myself included) are going to slake their thirst with one of Endeavor's CR2 "Ion" flashlights for now.

vj

Newly Enlightened
I have been watching this thread for a few weeks with great interest, and finally wish to write some things down.

To my knowledge, I am the first CPFer to have expressed interest in a CR123 Key-chain light from TnC. I made my wish known in the B/S/T -> GB&P forum thread "TnC_Products AA Luxeon?" on 05 August 2004; check it out!
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=644856&bodyprev=#Post644856
Those days, Arc was still flashing, and folks had other choices for CR123 lights, so no one else seemed to be interested. Good to see that now there is tremendous interest in a Lithium KeyLux.

TnC Keychain lights have a character of their own, which is so different from ArcLS/4, FFII, or LarryCR2. First of all, TnC KeyLuxes are not muscle lights. These are tiny lights that run for a life-saving length of time, with a useful (but not Blockbuster) brightness. Given that Chris would most likely stay away from thermal issues ("TnC = Takes no Chances"), it's quite possible to make a very good KeyLuxCR2. And maybe a PocketLuxCR123 too, in between the KeyLux & HyperLux series.

Having seen the bulged out heads in KeyLux-N & -AA, I wonder whether this was based on design need (reflector/converter/thermal), ergonomics (convenience of one-handed operation), or aesthetic choice. I'd personally prefer a cylindrical design.

In a light designed in the spirit of KL-N & KL-AA, I could even live with a single brightness level, if that would make the light more reliable. HA-Natural, of course. Lack of artifacts in the beam is more important to me than a slight uniform tint (OK, maybe as long as it's not purple or rotten-green).

Again, I'm hoping & praying that there'll be a KeyLuxCR2 & a PocketLuxCR123. Since I cannot afford both at this time,
I'll go for the KeyLuxCR2 first. Best news I have heard yet on the matter is: "I am going to try to keep the cost of the light around $80.00", to which my hat's off to Chris, for he should know that he can make whatever he wants, and still sell for double that price.

May everybody's dream come true in the New Year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif