The 18500 space

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had been ignoring this format because last I checked, capacities were so close to the newer 18350 that it didn't make a whole lot of sense. But I am pleased to recently find available
and I'll be going long in 18500, I hope in February. I recently found a case for 18650 that I am pretty satisfied with, which will probably work fine for 18500 with an extra foam insert for the top to keep cells from shifting out of their slots, but I thought I would ask if a round existed that closely matches 18500 dimensions, since the best cell cases are very often ammunition cases.

Thanks.

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
When even a .50 is too small,
how about shotgun shell case?
A 12 gauge should be something like 18.5 mm in diameter
?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yens took too long with a response, so I spent days and days of nothing but searching, not even really sure for what I was looking. My scouring may not have been in vain. I am going to gamble on this working for 18350, but possibly it will also work for 18500. The foam holes are cut to 10mm, so heavy cells should sit extremely snug. 18500 might be too tall for this case, though. If so, I will get an AA case I like and squeeze them in the 13mm foam holes made for AA. I recently got a shell case for 18650 cells. but cells sit loose. I'm considering trying this, though I expect the fit to be strangling.

Last edited:

Latest posts