The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmanley

Newly Enlightened
I must have my 6P and C2HA. Other lights come and go but I will always have at least one of each. Malkoff M61w and M61 also.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to add a vote for the Ra Clicky.

I got my Ra Clicky (high-CRI 100 lumen) about a month ago and am totally blown away by it. I can't believe that I waited this long to own one. In the past, I've rotated my EDC among a variety of SureFire models that I own. Since buying the Ra Clicky, it has been my EDC every single day! This light will be sticking around for sure.

I now fully understand why it tops the list (by a pretty good margin too) as the #1 Flashaholic Must Have Flashlight.

It really is that good. :)

Robert

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got my Ra Clicky (high-CRI 100 lumen) about a month ago and am totally blown away by it. I can't believe that I waited this long to own one. In the past, I've rotated my EDC among a variety of SureFire models that I own. Since buying the Ra Clicky, it has been my EDC every single day! This light will be sticking around for sure.

I now fully understand why it tops the list (by a pretty good margin too) as the #1 Flashaholic Must Have Flashlight.

Robert
Without trying to sound like a fanboy myself I would like to congratulate you on your enlightenment. I have many Surefire too but my main EDC is still my HDS Ra clicky, either high CRI or the 140 guaranteed tint. I don't really EDC the 170 as I prefer the floodier beam of the SSC emitters. The 170 tactical I use it as a backup for throw when I am able to carry two or more lights out.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
All votes added. :popcorn:

owned quaqrk aa & mini, nitecore d10sp, nitecore d10r2, jetbeam pro1, zebralitght h501w, and sc5ow...my vote goes to zebralight sc50w

Vote for the sc50 added.

My dad had the SureFire LX2, and he liked it, but dunno about the others.

First - welcome to CPF! :welcome:

That LX2 is a very popular light. I didn't add a vote for it though since this list is for lights CPF members personally nominate based on personal experience. So get your dad to join and cast his vote! Do you have any lights your would consider a must-have?

I have a hunch that it's not only because it runs off widely available AA batteries. Have you tried one of these running off a li-ion 14500? 300 OTF lumens :eek:oo:

300 lumens?! Is the light rated up to 4.2v? Now you have me thinking I need to buy me one of these.....:huh: My wallet doesn't thank you..:broke:

I must have my 6P and C2HA. Other lights come and go but I will always have at least one of each. Malkoff M61w and M61 also.

Votes added. Only one vote added for the M61 (different LED tints don't equate to a different model in this list).

Robert

I completely agree with your sentiment. After getting the Clicky and loving it so much, I had to pick up a twisty. It quickly became another "must-have" for me once I set the levels to my liking. I navigate towards the Twisty more now due to the simplicity, compactness, and great tail-standing ability since it is used indoors very often. HDS Lights are just the bomb...

Last edited:

Machete God

Enlightened
300 lumens?! Is the light rated up to 4.2v? Now you have me thinking I need to buy me one of these.....:huh: My wallet doesn't thank you..:broke:
Well, you already have me thinking I need to buy me one of every light in the top 10...

About your question: The circuitry is. The light itself er, 4Sevens said it was ok to run li-ions in the beginning, then went back and said it wasn't, due to the lack of metal to carry the heat away from the emitter and circuitry - so if you toast it, it isn't covered by the warranty. But around these parts, many run it on 14500s anyway, making sure to only run Max in short bursts of a minute or less :sssh:

Think about it. 320 lumens at turn on... 300 lumens after 1 minute... From a light small enough to hang on your key-chain...

P.S. Tip for your wallet, don't forget the CPF8 discount if ordering from 4Sevens...

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I already have the T1A on the list. I'd like to add Delghi's Iris to the list as well. I don't think a maker has blended form and function together as well as Delghi has IMHO. This one, like my XPG modded T1A, will never leave me.

IMGP6181.jpg

*I didn't see any rules about not including pics. But if you want me to take it down let me know. :)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you already have me thinking I need to buy me one of every light in the top 10...

About your question: The circuitry is. The light itself er, 4Sevens said it was ok to run li-ions in the beginning, then went back and said it wasn't, due to the lack of metal to carry the heat away from the emitter and circuitry - so if you toast it, it isn't covered by the warranty. But around these parts, many run it on 14500s anyway, making sure to only run Max in short bursts of a minute or less :sssh:

Think about it. 320 lumens at turn on... 300 lumens after 1 minute... From a light small enough to hang on your key-chain...

P.S. Tip for your wallet, don't forget the CPF8 discount if ordering from 4Sevens...

Good to know - if the circuitry can handle it, that's good enough for me. The rest is up to me not being stupid with it.. For $35 after discount, I might have to pull that trigger. Did someone actually measure it at 320 OTF with an IS? That would be pretty amazing out of a single AA light...

I think I already have the T1A on the list. I'd like to add Delghi's Iris to the list as well. I don't think a maker has blended form and function together as well as Delghi has IMHO. This one, like my XPG modded T1A, will never leave me.

*I didn't see any rules about not including pics. But if you want me to take it down let me know. :)

:drool::drool::drool:

What a beautiful light!! I've been drooling over these since I saw them...

Vote added! And pics are great BTW!! Who ever complained about some nice eye candy?? :huh:

Last edited:

Machete God

Enlightened
Good to know - if the circuitry can handle it, that's good enough for me. The rest is up to me not being stupid with it.. For $35 after discount, I might have to pull that trigger. Did someone actually measure it at 320 OTF with an IS? That would be pretty amazing out of a single AA light...
Yep. Was tested at 320 OTF in BigC's IS, this post misidentifies it as a 'Quark AA XP-G', though. If you read on in that thread, you'll see that he's clearly talking about a MiNi AA.

This is the result for the "neutral" tint and "warm" tint MiNi AAs, with corresponding slightly lower output of 298 and 253 OTF lumens (respectively) at turn on :whistle:

Last edited:

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember a time when the Arc AAA would have had the number one spot on a list like this. I think I actually remember this exact sort of thread many years ago. Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

I vote for:

Fenix L2D/LD20 - best all around flashlight for the money (I personally think 2AA is the best form factor out there)
iTP A3 EOS Upgrade - best AAA keychain light for the money
Photon Freedom - best coin cell keychain light (yeah its a little expensive compared to the clones), everyone should have one even if just to experience the great UI
Priceton Tec EOS headlamp - best head light for the money, easily modable, good warranty

I think everyone should have a long runtime, ultra durable AAA or AA light such as Arc AAA, CMG/Gerber Infinity, or Fenix E1/E01. Only ones still available (that I think are worth the money) are the Gerber Infinity and the Fenix E01. I haven't handled the GI yet, so I guess I'll have to vote for:

Fenix E01 - best ultra durable, extremely efficient, compact, long run time light for the money

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
All votes added. :popcorn:

And with that, iTP makes it's way onto the "Must-Have" list. I knew it wouldn't take long. Not only that, it bumped the SureFire LX2 off the list in the process...

I remember a time when the Arc AAA would have had the number one spot on a list like this. I think I actually remember this exact sort of thread many years ago. Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

I still love the bomb-proof design of the Arc AAA. I've always wanted one, but the crazy output and levels available from the tiny XP-G lights have kept me from pulling the trigger. It's probably a shame, since I'm sure it would become my favorite light once I got it... I would imagine it's comparable to the 100 lumen (burst) HDS High CRI lights I have that sound relatively dim, but have quickly become my favorites due the perfection of design and beam pattern. Yep, brightest doesn't necessarily mean "best"...

malkoff wildcat

Malkoff M31

Malkoff M31L

Malkoff M60

Malkoff M61

Malkoff votes added (only 1 for the M31).

Last edited:

Waspy

Newly Enlightened
I'm voting for the 9P, like the 6P but better.

The top ten list is totally logical apart from the M6, how did that get in there?

Large, expensive, short runtime, not THAT bright. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

The top ten list is totally logical apart from the M6, how did that get in there?

Yup. You're missing an M6.

When you own one, you understand. :thumbsup:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra/HDS Clicky (any output level)

Malkoff Hound Dog

SF 9P w/Malkoff M61

4Sevens Quark Tactical 123x2

Peak Eiger (any output level/body combo)

BTW, you have ARC AAA listed twice (once with one vote and once with five votes).

Last edited:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
All votes added! :popcorn:

Vote for the 9P added.

The M6 got in there because it is very deserving of it (ranked #5 no less). When I first got into this hobby, I thought about the M6 the same way as you - not practical and too big. But then all the discussion and love of this light intrigued me enough to get one, and I knew first hand what all the hype was about.

The form factor, design, rugged-ness, and beautiful beam produced by this light is 2nd to none. However, the practicality of the light used to be an issue. You'd have to have a lot of expendable income to afford to run it on primaries very often. But due to the awesome nature of the M6, the creative and talented members of this forum decided to make it practical to run.

You can now buy rechargeable battery holders for this light, as well as a bi-pin holder that allows you to run any number of bulbs in the M6 for any type of use you can come up with.

But the absolute coolest thing I have ever seen created on this forum was recently created for the M6 called the PhD-M6. It is a 3x17670 battery holder with a built in voltage regulater with 4 custom preset voltage options... this allows a user to define what bulbs they want to use in the light most often, and have their PhD-M6 programmed with 4 unique voltage outputs to run these bulbs regulated!...there's no better time to get on the M6 train!! :wave:

The level effort put into designing this after-market add-on alone should clue you in to the appreciation people have for the M6.

Ra/HDS Clicky (any output level)

Malkoff Hound Dog

SF 9P w/Malkoff M61

4Sevens Quark Tactical 123x2

Peak Eiger (any output level/body combo)

BTW, you have ARC AAA listed twice (once with one vote and once with five votes).

Votes added. Thanks for the heads-up on the ARC AAA. I combined the votes in the OP. :thumbsup:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, you're missing an M6. It is something that is hard to appreciate until you light one up in your own hand. I'm not being facetious or sarcastic. Use one and you become a believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts