The Headlamp and Hands-Free Challenge

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, one "day" down... Started with my Titan in ZL headband at 4:00 this morning, but the low level that I use most (lowest that it will go) was difficult to direct where I needed, so it became a mouth hold, which worked great. Emptied and loaded the dishwasher and fed cats without kitchen lights on, used E2E/ Scoutlight tailcap with Strion bulb kit and 17670 tailstanding to ceiling bounce. Also tried the H501w clipped to my shirt collar, and attached to the cabinet knobs above my sink with the magnets. All worked well, tailstanding E2E was a bit diffused to see as well as I would like, but was adequate. More lumens on tap for tomorrow... :) Took garbage out to curb (no streetlights) with sc51w in ZL headband, and it worked as I thought it would. H501w on collar was great for kitchen tasks, I may need to give the neck cord and buttondown shirt a try later this week. At work, the H501 was nice attached to car parts directing light right where I needed. Shirt collar worked nicely there as well... Doubling the ZL output would have made some things easier today, and I'm looking forward to seeing the H502 when it comes out.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have already finished reviewing the headlamp and have moved om to other things I thought that I might not be able to participate, but now with the inclusion of tailstanding and any other hand-free options, I'm finally in on this one.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You could even use a lantern on this one :)
I wonder when he will get around to using NON white lights for a week.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam, heres a closeup

img0396zeSconeLight.jpg

It actually brings your avitar to life :ohgeez:

So whats OTF lumens output with that hat? :naughty:
And whats your walking time with it? (I would hate to run with such an expensive hat).

You've got my setup beat hands down, pun intended. I will be using tailstanding for around the house, a Fenix headband with two firstrun MiniXs for the higher moon mode and a Princeton Headband that has a nightvision red mode, and holding lights using my mouth.

If you are referring to this kind of light, then no. That is a pic of me........................well it matches my avatar.:p

ASheep

Enlightened
Well I seem to be coping well, used my H501w at work crawling under a bar fixing the POS system, and clipped to my belt while digging around in the server room (I work in IT support). Not too hard.
I got a new cheapy monocular to add to my EDC (so I don't have to carry my nice binoculars around), and being me, I HAD to test it at night... So I came up with an ingenious way of balancing my M6 on the roof, pointing at a tree about 100 metres away, so I could spy on (and annoy) the bats there. The balancing act involved the peak of my roof, a block of wood and some foam... Still hands free!

My amazon order should arrive this week which includes a rayovac AA mini lantern (impossible to get in Australia for reasonable prices), it should give me some extra options for the challenge!

Cheers,
Alex

JA(me)S

Enlightened
So I came up with an ingenious way of balancing my M6 on the roof, pointing at a tree about 100 metres away, so I could spy on (and annoy) the bats there. The balancing act involved the peak of my roof, a block of wood and some foam... Still hands free!
This man is dedicated to this challenge!

:eek:oo: - Jas.

Latest posts