The Headlamp and Hands-Free Challenge

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still managing, but only just. I've been propping my lights up on nearby objects or mouth holding my EX11.2 so far, but it's been difficult to not just grab the light and point it where I need it.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm bearly hanging on . . .
To my lights thats is.
I have found that armpit carrying is alot more comfortably and less fatigueing than mouth carrying.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm bearly hanging on . . .
To my lights thats is.
I have found that armpit carrying is alot more comfortably and less fatigueing than mouth carrying.
Sure is. I am really starting to love my Sunwayman L10R, and clipping my Spark SL6-800CW to my pocket and just using high works pretty well even if it's not pointed in the best possible direction. Inefficiency through overkill for the win.

scout24

Flashaholic
As much fun and as useful as the headlamps are, for the during-the-day use that I have, a few minutes here and there, I've been gravitating toward mouth-holding some of my smaller AAA lights. LF2XT and Mako have been great for this. Went back to headlamping the Titan in the dark for getting ready very early in the morning in the interest of the challenge, but the LF w/ 10440 is nice and bright during the day at work.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much fun and as useful as the headlamps are, for the during-the-day use that I have, a few minutes here and there, I've been gravitating toward mouth-holding some of my smaller AAA lights. LF2XT and Mako have been great for this. Went back to headlamping the Titan in the dark for getting ready very early in the morning in the interest of the challenge, but the LF w/ 10440 is nice and bright during the day at work.

I actually havent been needing to use any of my lights lately. But I did just get my Tangodown helmet light mount. So I pimped out my user SF hat.

sfhathl1.jpg

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Durn. I failed spectacularly. I just got a Klarus XT10 in the mail and apparently there was no way I was going to bother finding hands free ways to operate it. I've been shining it everywhere I can think of ever since I opened the package and just remembered the challenge now. Oh well. Might try starting again.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Two more days, and I'll have successfully completed yet another challenge. :D

ASheep

Enlightened
Well I lost track of what day it was, so I did 9 days of this challenge! Now I can get back to enjoying some of my other lights... These challenges really highlight how much you use your lights, and for what purposes. I found myself reaching for my M6, just to fiddle with it. The absent minded shining of lights outside at night is something I didn't realise I did all that much... Taking the garbage out is a mundane task without a 700 lumen pocket rocket to light up everything!

Another of the challenges completed. I'll have to go back and do the 5mm challenge which I missed, it sounds like fun...

Cheers,
Alex

Latest posts