The LED Museum *WILL* be moving again soon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As an addendum, there will be storage at my disposal, but it will be offsite - many miles/kilometers away.
So although I *WILL* have storage, I will not have ready access to it (I do not drive), but having offsite storage beats having to shut down The LED Museum. :thumbsup:

Regarding the statement above, "I do not mind posting my new address (and the map below) on this BBS.", the term BBS stands for Bulletin Board System, a dial-up or telnet program that allows people to log on and interact with one another, via "subboards" or "conferences" - these are very similar to fora on the internet. not too unlike this set of fora. Since I was the sysop (system operator) of a BBS for exactly ten years (well, maybe not "exactly" down to the nanosecond, but within an hour anyway), I still call a set of fora like this a "BBS".

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
MOVING UPDATE
The date of our move has officially been set at 08-01-08.
Our "Change of Address" forms for the post office were completed early this afternoon.

I have approximately 1,700 web pages (the vast majority on my LED Museum website) that need my address changed on them, but I purchased a "Global Search & Destro...er...Replace" program in late-2006 that will make this job go surprisingly well.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Close to a park, I saw that YEAAAAAHHH!!! :) :D :grin2: :D :)
That means I get to take my R/C aircraft with me and rather easily go fly them!!! :twothumbs

Does your R/C aircraft have enough horsepower to carry a small wireless video camera? I think it would be really cool to turn it into a "drone" that can send video back to a receiver on the ground. Typical cameras weigh an ounce or two, add another ounce for the transmitter, and a few more ounces for the battery.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Does your R/C aircraft have enough horsepower to carry a small wireless video camera? I think it would be really cool to turn it into a "drone" that can send video back to a receiver on the ground. Typical cameras weigh an ounce or two, add another ounce for the transmitter, and a few more ounces for the battery.
I don't *THINK* they will (the newer, large ones that are still due to arrive), but I really won't know until they're here.

One of them is a Cessna 182 that can fly at speeds exceeding 50MPH (actual speed, not scale speed) and should have a lot of lift (the crucial component here) - if any of my (soon-to-be) R/C aircraft can do the job, it will probably be this one.

I can test this by adding approximately five ounces of "dead weight" to the aircraft near its center of gravity and see if it still takes off and flies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
MOVING UPDATE
As I understand, the El Camino neighbourhood (where we'll be moving to) is a decent neighbourhood with a lower-than-average crime rate; I will not have to listen to gunfire every day, and I will not have to deal with junkies shooting up behind the dipsty dumpster, gang member wannabees, and other assorted wastoids.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
MOVING UPDATE
As I understand, the El Camino neighbourhood (where we'll be moving to) is a decent neighbourhood with a lower-than-average crime rate; I will not have to listen to gunfire every day, and I will not have to deal with junkies shooting up behind the dipsty dumpster, gang member wannabees, and other assorted wastoids.

Hooray! That's great news, Craig. :twothumbs:sleepy:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This is probably inconsequential, but I have learned that this apartment complex, called "Tamaron Ranch", comprises of 796 apartment units. :eek:
Hopefully I won't get lost in this "ranch" while coming home from the store, the bank, or the UPS place - all in a nearby strip mall. :green:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it ends up being a long term, stable, safe place for you and your sister. Nothing worse than living in doubt and discomfort from day to day, month to month.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
2025.jpg

An aerial view of my near-future location courtesy of Google Earth.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The swimming pool I could make use of (I believe therere are two), but probably not the tennis court. I haven't hit a ball with a racket (or "raquet" if you prefer) since I was 12 or so; I don't think that there are any wheelchair tennis games taking place on that particular court. :eek: ;) :eek:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
MOVING UPDATE
We will have movers - not just my sister and my elderly father as had been planned previously.

map2.jpg

Another aerial view of the location courtesy of Microsoft Maps.
The link to Microsoft Maps was emailed to me by B.V. on the evening of 07-06-08...thank you B.V.!!!
happy14.gif

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, funny you should say that...prior to mid-2004, I had a Magellan MAP410 that I brought along with me surprisingly frequently. :drool::drunk::drool:
There's a new thread idea...."You know your apartment complex is too big when..." :laughing:

Glad you've finally found a place and have some storage space.

Status
Not open for further replies.