• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing some thoughts on your lights, Kevin. I am looking forward to checking out your X45vn of course! I may not use it so much either but hard to pass up checking out that much light for sure.

I also agree that the D4's are great. I probably mentioned it other places already, but I have the D4 Nichia and the D4vn PDT, and I definitely prefer the D4vn overall. I love the tint of that light as well as the beam profile. I don't miss the extra lumens of the other D4 versions due to the fact that Vinh's version has more punch. Anyway, I use the D4vn every day and don't see that changing super soon.

And for some reason I still really like the basic Fenix TK09 (older 450 lumen version). I guess its simplicity really speaks to me, and I love the fact that it always comes on high.

Still rocking the classic TK75vnkt as well, but I don't often get it out because I don't go for night hikes and camping as often as I'd like. But I don't think I could ever get rid of it!

Happy New Year to all!

ven

Flashaholic
Drivervnx3 sounds awesome vinh, especially with the option of the D4 ramping firmware. Always good to have options:cool:

Blah , look forward to your impressions on the x45vn:D

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My X45vn showed up today, and as I posted in that thread it is such a monster! I am having a blast with this light haha. It feels pretty compact in your hand, more so than I expected which is nice in my opinion. Might carry it around more often than I initially expected.

And wow, the sheer amount of lumens produced is just nuts! I mentioned that even in my apartment living room with mid-afternoon indirect sunlight streaming in through large balcony windows I have to squint when I shine the light on 100% brightness lol! Definitely a fun light and the lower modes seem very practical given its small size. I knew it would be smaller than the TK75vnkt but it's quite smaller. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
My X45vn showed up today, and as I posted in that thread it is such a monster! I am having a blast with this light haha. It feels pretty compact in your hand, more so than I expected which is nice in my opinion. Might carry it around more often than I initially expected.

And wow, the sheer amount of lumens produced is just nuts! I mentioned that even in my apartment living room with mid-afternoon indirect sunlight streaming in through large balcony windows I have to squint when I shine the light on 100% brightness lol! Definitely a fun light and the lower modes seem very practical given its small size. I knew it would be smaller than the TK75vnkt but it's quite smaller. :)

This is one of the best seller for 2017

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Have any loungers gotten their BLF GT yet? The thing is impractical as hell, but it is amazing. The handle that they are working on for the GT will be a great accessory. The GT is very heavy! The most comfortable way for me to carry the GT is right at the balance point, which is in front of the battery tube right at the switch. The diameter at the balance point is about 3 1/2", but I have very large hands so it is actually fairly comfortable. Sorry Vinh, those little hands of yours do not stand a chance. If they come up with a "shorty" four cell tube at a reasonable price I think I will get one. The balance would be terrible for normal carry by the battery tube, but my way should not be a problem.

A few people have complained about the warm 4000k tint, but I really like it. The warmest tint I have is the more common 5000-5500k which is what I normally prefer, but the warm end of neutral is really pretty nice. This is especially true when snow covers the ground. Cool white used over snow covered ground is overwhelming to me.

I am on the list for a second GT that I thought about having modded with a 70.2 to get 7,000 lumen and still having 1300+ meters of throw. This thing lights thing up way past the point that I can see clearly, I think I would rather have 7,000 lumens lighting up targets at a distance that allows me to actually see what I am looking at. My son drove a mile down the road last night and the light from the GT was easily bright enough for him to read by, but at this distance he was just a small blob in the distance. If I do decide to put a brighter emitter in my GT I will just use the one I already have.

If a fellow lounger out there wants to get a GT at the $150 group buy price I might be able to help you out.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
HNY!

Back from Baja - had a great few weeks surfing and used my lights a bunch.
Meant to post sooner but my mom broke her arm and I've been working a bunch to help her w some bills.
She's fine and didn't tell anyone cuz she didn't want me to come home early and miss any waves.
She's the best.

Anyways, we did a bit of night surfing and I was too scared of ruining my H20vn or zebralight so I just set those on the end of the point and had my friend shine my s200vn on us and out the back for spotting sets.
It worked GREAT but I wish I had an XPLHI instead of XPG as the extra lumens would've helped a lot even with the slight loss of lux.
We even taped some glow sticks to the boards so we could see each other - no moon meant it was pitch black.

I wish I had pics of it but we were all either in the water or shining the spot.

Here's a few regular pics ...

My New Years resolution is to buy a medium range large lumen compactish light for the next trip...

Cheers guys!

PS it's Vegan bacon hahha
Pretty greasy & good if u can believe it :):)

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome pics psychbeat, looks stunning! WOW , sure is a fun life you have! Hope your mum has a speedy recovery and you get your power house v54:cool:

jmat

Newly Enlightened
newby here ( sorry ) , ive just ordered my first torch from gearbest - i paid via credit card , someone said i will need to pay additional customs tax when it lands in my country - is that correct ?

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
newby here ( sorry ) , ive just ordered my first torch from gearbest - i paid via credit card , someone said i will need to pay additional customs tax when it lands in my country - is that correct ?
Depends on country and shipping method.
In US, under $800 is free regardless of carrier.
In eu and elsewhere the limits vary; I've seen as low as $24. Dhl is also aggressive about it compared to other carriers.

jmat

Newly Enlightened
Depends on country and shipping method.
In US, under $800 is free regardless of carrier.
In eu and elsewhere the limits vary; I've seen as low as $24. Dhl is also aggressive about it compared to other carriers.

thanks for the fast reply so the answer is definitely yes ? im in South Africa

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone got one of these
XLED XHP DualBeam 45000 Lumen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUtFU6aS40A
I don't have this model but I have an older model, this one has a more culminated beam than mine - the one I have has 30x XHP70 (shaved dome) LEDs with optics that light everything at about 220 degrees and puts out 50,000 lumens with no tunnel vision and is like walking around with a football stadium light that throws really well too. I could have asked for more lumens even up to 75,000 but I wanted reliability and heat management.
They are not cheap but IMHO really well made with a fan-based and large heatsink cooling system, one of the best parts is the fact that the battery pack takes a few seconds to change and can be bought at any hardware place so you can easily keep up with battery technology.
One of the main advantages of this light is runtime - it can run for hours (on a lower setting) without overheating like all these little hot rod lights do. If you can handle the weight (you can use a strap) it is all you need in a searchlight.