• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I receive my next one-off Sky Lumen light I am going to treat it like a shelf queen. The technology has leaped forward so much, and Vinh's lights keep getting more beautiful. I've been acting eccentric and using flashlights instead of turning on my household lamp. This is no good. Flashlights are not meant to act as primary illumination! I will turn on my Cool White LED household lamp now. When my one-off Sky Lumen torch arrives, it's going to be a shelf queen!

I would never go rattling around a Gem Uncirculated vintage coin. I need to treat my next masterpiece Sky Lumen flashlight as a shelf queen if i'm comparing its awesomeness and beauty to the 1933 Saint Gaudens twenty! lovecpf

Issue

Enlightened
Ok I get it now... sort of. I mean, I knew that doubling the lumen output certainly would not double the candela, but I did assume that doubling the candela WOULD double the throw. I just checked several lights at Sky Lumen and clearly that is not the case. So the LX70 Superpower does in fact have 4.5Mcd... I guess. lol

Which sucks because I was thinking/hoping that the GTvn90 would come close to matching the Superpower. But, with 7000 lumens and that giant reflector, I should have known that was impossible. :(

You cant really compare manufactures numbers with real numbers that people measure and put up here. Manufacturers lie alot with specs. I highly doubt they get 4,5Mcd from it before i see a lux-meter i front of it. Do you know if anyone measured it?

ven

Flashaholic
No no no Edward :) sky lumen flashlights are for using at all times! Certainly instead of house hold lighting, any excuse to use is good! You invest in your v54, you have to enjoy them. Shelf queens are ornaments, v54 are tools of light. Enjoy them all Edward , that's what they are there for and life is too short as it is.

Eccentric is cool
:)

No no no Edward :) sky lumen flashlights are for using at all times! Certainly instead of house hold lighting, any excuse to use is good! You invest in your v54, you have to enjoy them. Shelf queens are ornaments, v54 are tools of light. Enjoy them all Edward , that's what they are there for and life is too short as it is.

Eccentric is cool
:)

thanks ven

I admire and have learned a lot of important attributes from Vinh. I used to buy and sell valuable PCGS graded coins online. Where I failed miserably was refusing to cancel a sale at a winning bidders request. It's not the act itself is such a bad thing but rather the act indicated a lack of flexibility and imagination that brings down the House. Splat like I deserved.

So what i'm writing here is: Vinh rocks!!! There are other great, amazing, tremendous people like him too. I want to be THAT. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

ven

Flashaholic
Vinh sure rocks, one of the most genuine people i know, with a huge HUGE heart.

Edward, you can be anything you want to be, determination and inner strength helps. If you get knocked down, stand right back up again. Learn from mistakes and treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you will be where ever you desire. :)

Usually the ones holding ourselves back are.................ourselves.

I'm going to take night beamshots of GTvn90 shining 800 meters in city streetlight conditions. From the roof of a parking structure next to a freeway toward the tallest office building 1/2 mile "up the street." This is going to be in the city and not a pitch black area like a mountain park. If a beam shows and/or obvious illumination of target can be seen in the picture, we will all know this GTvn90 is the real deal. I am going on Amazon and buying the camera, SD card, tripod, and Apple camera adapter now. It's happening baby!

This is very exciting for me personally because this distance is a formidable one. I can't tell you the times i've stood looking and thinking "yes that tree" "for sure up to the intersection" "beginning of the park" but you have another block to the tower. There's no way! Impossible! We can imagine it (but that's it; can't happen in real life; "LED's are not meant for throw.")

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey SAR, it's happening baby! One of the best comment.. lol. Why do you want to try 800 meters?? you know both of our xsvn oslon flat can hit 1100 meters...

1200 meters bro..

I've found punch beam distance is something like 1/4th to 1/3rd of the ANSI FL-1 beam distance. Not in the desert or mountains, not even city outskirts or dark neighborhood street, but in the middle of city streetlights and lit up homes. I tried this a year ago with the power-boosted TN42vn Spec 1. Not enough lumens. Surprisingly, the stock X65 beam reached it but I'm looking for more intensity. The GTvn90 on paper has both. It should be the first LED flashlight that one can purchase with the click of a button (from Vinh), that will punch a target at 800 meters and not just faintly, softly touch it.

Canon G9X Mark II is the cheapest camera I could find for the job. Unfortunately it's $449. I think I wil try it with my iPhone 6 camera first... LOL 😝

Status
Not open for further replies.