The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattSPL

Enlightened
My E2DL tail cap arrived today, so my light is now complete :)

7195669600_0be3a8a739_z.jpg

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talked to the CPFmarketplace seller about my M61l HCRI. He states that he received them from Craig. He had two M61 HCRI with the same tint. He sold one to me. Does anybody else have a M60 HCRI Tint like the one I posted.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
The more I use this Nichia M31 219, the more I like it. It gets used more than any of my others. I hope they keep these Nichias on the market because the color tint is just plain awesome.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E2DL tail cap arrived today, so my light is now complete :)

7195669600_0be3a8a739_z.jpg

I had the same set-up once upon a time. I was running a M31W in mine. If you contact Surefire they will probably send you out a E1b clip for that badboy if you prefer bezel down carry. Great set-up though. Sometimes wish I hadn't sold mine.

MattSPL

Enlightened
I had the same set-up once upon a time. I was running a M31W in mine. If you contact Surefire they will probably send you out a E1b clip for that badboy if you prefer bezel down carry. Great set-up though. Sometimes wish I hadn't sold mine.

Yes, bezel down would make more sense as the light is very front heavy. I tend to just put the whole light into my pocket at the moment, although it hasn't seen much usage outside yet.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Gene would just make a two mode module my quest could finally come to an end. At least until the next Malkoff comes out. :)

For now, I'm still using my Surefire L1 and E1L. Gotta have two modes.

Erzengel

Enlightened
If Gene would just make a two mode module my quest could finally come to an end. At least until the next Malkoff comes out. :)

For now, I'm still using my Surefire L1 and E1L. Gotta have two modes.

Get a MD2 with HiLo Ring or an Elzetta with two stage tailcap.

bstrickler

Enlightened
Can anyone get the body diameter and length of their M61 for me? I'm wanting to bore my Lu60 to fit an M61, but I don't know its dimensions. I have a few other P60-style LED dropins, but I want something I know that will handle recoil without crapping out.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Depending on the body you're trying to mate, the LU60A fits a malkoff natively.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a good deal on an MD10 in the market place, and I just happened to have picked up a M3 on another forum recently. Now I'll have an MD10 in both my M3 and M961. This will make a total of 5 Malkoff drop ins: M61, M60, M61LL, MD10x2. I really need to get an MD2 with high/lo ring to use with my M61 as it seems like it'll make it much more versatile as a handheld.

I tried running my MN10/MN11 on 17500's, but as much as I like the throw and the incandescent goodness, the MD10 outperforms them in every other way. Not to mention I'm not happy with having to double click my AW's to get them to fire the MN11.

I'll keep my stock 9P designated as my rechargeable incandescent solution.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MD2 with the hi low ring is my favorite light. You can tell it was designed around the Malkoff Modules and the simplicity of turning the head for low is unbeatable.
I found a good deal on an MD10 in the market place, and I just happened to have picked up a M3 on another forum recently. Now I'll have an MD10 in both my M3 and M961. This will make a total of 5 Malkoff drop ins: M61, M60, M61LL, MD10x2. I really need to get an MD2 with high/lo ring to use with my M61 as it seems like it'll make it much more versatile as a handheld.

I tried running my MN10/MN11 on 17500's, but as much as I like the throw and the incandescent goodness, the MD10 outperforms them in every other way. Not to mention I'm not happy with having to double click my AW's to get them to fire the MN11.

I'll keep my stock 9P designated as my rechargeable incandescent solution.

Tain

Enlightened
Nice rig you have there! What kind of runtime do you get on a AW16340 if you don't mind me asking? And you should notice your M61L 219's tint getting a bit whiter after about 8 hours of use BTW :)

My M61L is noticeably whiter after couple days of use.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on the body you're trying to mate, the LU60A fits a malkoff natively.

you need to remove the plastic piece and bore the LU60, then put a spring on the malkoff module for it to fit, from what I recall. the dropin doesn't fit without doing that.

XKJaa

This is a picture from when I got mine bored.

Craig

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Just to avoid confusion:

LU60 - mates the 951 to standard bezels, does not fit drop ins natively
LU60A - mates scout (E series) bodies to standard bezels, does fit drop ins natively

Status
Not open for further replies.