The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried to take apart the Judco type switch and change out the rubber cover? After many years of service, the rubber on one of my switches is giving out. I prefer these switches to the newer type, so I would rather overhaul this old one with some new rubber than buy new switches.

Sorry for my ignorance, are those the switches on the Mark #1 MD2s?
Thanks,
Peter

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The older MD2'2 had them. They were phased out and McClicky's are now used. The Judco"s stick out past the tailcap and are cone shaped.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Sandwich Shoppe has these switches I think for $4.

As was a subject of much debate on these forums back when these types of switches were the proverbial fecal matter, Judco switches and Kroll switches are not the same. Judco are far more expensive, but also far more reliable.

Sorry for my ignorance, are those the switches on the Mark #1 MD2s?
Thanks,
Peter

Yes.

VPvP63b.jpg

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
As was a subject of much debate on these forums back when these types of switches were the proverbial fecal matter, Judco switches and Kroll switches are not the same. Judco are far more expensive, but also far more reliable.

Judco and Sandwich Shoppe both use part number J-1052. Is this the version used in the earlier MD host?.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dropped my MD2 six times today, 4 times onto concrete, twice into sinks of water. Still works. It was switched on in the water. Elzetta, eat your heart out.
P
Edit: Now you know why I shouldn't be allowed an Oveready Wasp

Last edited:

xzel87

Enlightened
Will dc fix on 6p lens smooth out the rings on my m61 219?....Sacrificing a bit of throw sure seems worth it for a nice smooth beam, right?

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will dc fix on 6p lens smooth out the rings on my m61 219?....Sacrificing a bit of throw sure seems worth it for a nice smooth beam, right?

It should. The DC-Fix blends the beam for a more uniform shape. It will take some of the Sharpness out of the hotspot- personally, all of my malkoffs have DC-Fix on the lens.

xzel87

Enlightened
It should. The DC-Fix blends the beam for a more uniform shape. It will take some of the Sharpness out of the hotspot- personally, all of my malkoffs have DC-Fix on the lens.

Thanks for the input! :eek:. The beam doesn't really bother me in real world outdoor usage but when I turn it on indoors it is very noticeable. Will try it out with dc fix once I get it from phaserburn (quite a long wait for international shipping).

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Judco and Sandwich Shoppe both use part number J-1052. Is this the version used in the earlier MD host?.

This is the reason I always stuck either with bored out SF bodies or FiveMega aftermarket bodies, I've never had a Z41 TC fail on me and if it does, they are a dime a dozen.

Malkoff should have used C-C bodies or at least Z41 compatible tail...

Use Z41 when failure is not an option.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, Malkoff M61LLL 219 looks much better with higher voltage, either 2xli-ion or 3x123. Much brigher than on single cell.

dhunley1

Enlightened
It's great! For obvious reasons, much better than the 1AA model with the deep carry clip. I've been carrying it all day today and if I wasn't fondling it so much, I wouldn't notice it. It's a chunky little light, but in jeans, it works just fine for me.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm really digging the Malkoff'd 3D.

Miracle Grow for the incan Maglite.

^^ a little dremel work required.
Add $6 ultra clear glass and enjoy the 6 hours of regulated light show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.