The Oscars

BillCurnow

Newly Enlightened
Danbo said:
Am I the only person who DIDN'T get "The Departed"?
If it helps, I've never seen it and don't have any plans to change that anytime soon.

Of the films on deck last night the only two I've seen are Letters from Iwo Jima (outstanding) and Children of Men (still wrestling with that one). The only film from last night that I haven't seen, but want to, is The Last King of Scotland.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Danbo said:
Am I the only person who DIDN'T get "The Departed"?

I watched the movie, and didn't like it at all. Weird ending, is the best I can say. ???

My dad didn't really like it, either. I've yet to see it.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't get 'Babel' either. Kept trying to figure it out. Then they say it's four seperate stories. right. (big wet) :raspberry:

I watched partially expecting it to blow up..but it didn't. Ellen was funny; telling Steven Spielberg how to take her picture and to frame it better on her camera phone..but 3 hours was kind of long..

they say the Oscar is worth a about a 100 million, I think, for a best pic oscar...

Last edited:

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
What a travesty! An Oscar for The Departed? It's just a copy of "Infernal Affairs" for people who think watching asians is unbearable...

Edit:
Kinda reminds me of Vanilla Sky. When it came out (spanish movie!) Tom Cruise watched it and thought "Hm, great movie, but it has one flaw: My pretty face is not in it!", so he made a second version. "Yeah, screw the original actor, I want the credit for it! I love me! Me! Me! Everything revolves around me!"

Last edited:

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw bits and pieces of the Oscars and thought Ellen was pretty funny--the vacuuming episode was "different."

Latest posts