*THE* Ra/HDS Collection Thread

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I only have two, but they are both keepers. The first is my 100W twisty with 18650 tube and ice blue trits:

leukos, did you mean 17670 tube? Or did i miss something, I didnt think henry had 18650 tubes yet? btw thats hot with the trits!

EDIT: oh duh, i see its available for the twisty not the clicky.. oops :ohgeez:

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Here are my 4 at the moment. 1 more in transit:

4868285111_956f3a5221_b.jpg

RaTwisty 100 Hi CRI, RaClicky 140 modded by TC to be Warm emitter, NovaTac 120P w/SS smooth bezel, luxeon K2 emitter and UCL, NovaTac SPA military issue.

4868899162_75b9d3a9a5_b.jpg
Wow, that lineup makes me want to have one with the K2 in it too! I suppose the one more on the way is a Ti model?
icon10.gif

bradleyj37

Enlightened
i like the smooth bezel also, a nice change of pace from all of the "defender" bezels that you see everywhere, pwatcher hooked me up with that beauty.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... Don't wanna start a fire but I think Novatacs should'nt be allowed in this thread !

:devil:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Ra Clicky high CRI with a Maxpedition 4" flashlight sheath:

But there's a problem! The Clicky fits all the way inside, and there's not enough sticking out to grab a hold of, so getting it out of the sheath is a pain:

But where there's a problem, there's a solution, and here it is:

It's a 1/2" PVC cap. Originally I put it in the sheath with the convex side up, but I realized that the lens of the Clicky was actually rubbing against the cap, so that wasn't going to be a good long-term solution. So I flipped it over, drilled out the cap to prevent it from collecting dirt or water, and then popped it into the sheath:

Now the Clicky fits perfectly!

nbp

Flashaholic
Hmm... Don't wanna start a fire but I think Novatacs should'nt be allowed in this thread !

Interesting point derfyled. I don't believe Henry is involved anymore with Novatac. I feel like they should say HDS or Ra on them to qualify for posting here. If someone has a good argument for allowing them, I'm happy to entertain the thought. :candle:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man. All the smooth bezel pics are pushing me closer to the edge of placing my order at HDS. So hard to try and save up money for a flashlight purchase later when there are all these awesome lights here now!

jslappa

Enlightened

hahaha that's harsh man! That's like saying Henry got remarried and now all his children from the first marriage aren't allowed over for Christmas. That's just harsh!:mecry:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahaha that's harsh man! That's like saying Henry got remarried and now all his children from the first marriage aren't allowed over for Christmas. That's just harsh!:mecry:

I really don't think so. If you were to ask Henry if he felt NovaTacs belonged in this thread, I have a feeling he'd have a few choice words for you...:whistle:

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm not gonna freak out if there's some Novatacs slipping into the thread, but after doing some searching and reading I'm of the general opinion that they don't belong here, and would rather see the true HDS creations. Soo, if you've got a family shot of Ras and a there happens to be Novatac in there too, ok, but please don't post a picture specifically of a Novatac collection. That's for another thread.

Ok, that's out of the way, back to the fun stuff!:faint:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSC02712.jpg

DSC02715.jpg

Custom 140W (Cool Tint!) with FANTASTIC Smooth SS Bezel. This is my best tailstander. (SN 9988 )

Tactial 170N with Ti Bezel Down Clip / Flat switch (SN 13119)

EDC 120W With 17650 body / Tactical switch. (SN 8175)

These lights are just awesome!!

-Bobby