The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Fury

I know, I was hoping against hope. Personally I like the TIR lens and SF was able to create a jumbo-sized one for the M3LT so...

Maybe some other time.
A custom high-quality lens like in the M3LT is probably too expensive for this kind of "budget" light.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! it has a name now.

I'm not a fan of the multi click type interface though. I hope they do a single mode version like the 6PX tactical/pro or whatever it's called.

herosemblem

Enlightened

Oh my god! The BatteryJunction description of the light mentions this amazing new innovation: "an orientation-independent tailcap switch". This is brilliant, and has never been seen before in any other flashlight.
/sarcasm

Just goes to show you how funny marketing speak can be :D.
Good thing this flashlight has this innovative new "orientation-independent tailcap" feature. This feature sealed the deal for me!

Illum

Flashaholic

Please don't start another LED versus incandescent comparison again :tired:
Its not on their website either... anyone notice that?

Alot chunkier looking than the 6PX
Fury:

2qvuz35.jpg

6PX:
2ih2eww.png

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

The head looks very similar to the M500L that was in their 2011 catalog.

yowzer

Enlightened

BJ lists it as 'Delivery in 6-8 weeks.' In Surefire weeks, it could be mid 2012 before anybody has one in their hands. :)

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened

Fury:

2qvuz35.jpg

6PX:
2ih2eww.png

Yes, it is. My guess is that the body and tailcap are probably the same as the 6PX with a new head. It also appears that the bezel ring might be made of aluminum, which I like. I'd prefer a glass lens to a polycarbonate, but that's not a deal killer. Other well respected flashlights such as Malkoff and NovaTac use plastic lenses. I won't speculate further, I'll wait to see it before drawing any conclusions. This is, however, a very interesting and unexpected development from SureFire, I'm definitely going to get one!

purelite

Enlightened

why would you want the bezel ring aluminum?

The only extra beefiness I see is in the head where they carried forward material and put some scallops on the head. the body and tail are identical

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

hahahahah!

while browsing this thread again.. '04 thread.

Screenshot-2011-11-08_20.52.30.png

then 3rd post in that thread:

Screenshot-2011-11-08_20.55.13.png

:crackup:

sorry, I had to.

Craig

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please don't start another LED versus incandescent comparison again :tired:
Its not on their website either... anyone notice that?

Fury:

2qvuz35.jpg

6PX:
2ih2eww.png

Not by much.

FuryBezel Diameter: 1.375"
Length: 5.4"

G2X
Bezel Diameter: 1.25"
Length: 5.2"

I just wish that Surefire would update the L1 line.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened

why would you want the bezel ring aluminum?

The only extra beefiness I see is in the head where they carried forward material and put some scallops on the head. the body and tail are identical

The 6PX (and G2X) have plastic bezel rings. Actually, I'd prefer it to be stainless to protect the head better if it's dropped on the bezel.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

the thing that makes the 500 lumens better is that its regulated!!

jonesy

Enlightened

Shame it doesn't have the same UI as the LX2. A "low then click to high" UI is not very tactical. Looks like I'll keep using my MD2 for pistol usage. It's the same reason my E1B sits on a shelf. Oh well. They'll get it right one of these days...

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

A "low then click to high" UI is not very tactical. Looks like I'll keep using my MD2 for pistol usage. It's the same reason my E1B sits on a shelf.

Isn't the E1B "high, click to low" for tactical reasons?

jonesy

Enlightened

Isn't the E1B "high, click to low" for tactical reasons?

Yes, it is. Of course, they bill it as a backup, so it's probably not destined to be the only light you should have on you. However, if one wants to pack light (bad pun, haha) it does have tactical aspirations but seems to fall a bit short. Such is life.

But enough about that. Back on topic, what's the target market for this? I like the style of it! I recall seeing somewhere on the HDS lights that the polycarbonate lenses are actually tougher than glass ones.

Size15's

Flashaholic

I recall seeing somewhere on the HDS lights that the polycarbonate lenses are actually tougher than glass ones.
The main reason SureFire ever went from Lexan to tempered glass is because the window was susceptible to 'melting' damage from the high temperatures generated from the high-output incandescents. Given this isn't an issue with LEDs the reasons not to use polycarbonate are less clear cut.