The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

herosemblem

Enlightened
Thanks for the excellent tip, scot. I think you meant you "couldn't" care less. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the population of the Tasmanian yellow-winged Harper finch.
When you say that you "could" care less, you are.actually saying that you do care.
+1 RE not preferring glass lenses. All the tempered high tech glass lenses in my lights have cracked. Plastic lenses have never given me a problem.
Glass lenses do not permit the User to accidentally drop their flashlight. Plastic lenses do.

Rocky1927

Newly Enlightened
I don't care what the lens is constructed of as long as it works. Surefire hasn't yet disappointed me with any of the dozen+ lights I've purchased from them.:thumbsup:

I, personally, am very happy with my Fury.:devil:

scot

Newly Enlightened
Herosemblem, you said it much better than I did, thank you. Glad you understood what I meant.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've never broken a glass lens. I've scratched EVERY plastic lens.
I've often dropped flashlights with glass lenses from ladders to asphalt without breaking the lens though I've messed up some.bezel rings.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never broken a glass lens. I've scratched EVERY plastic lens.
I've often dropped flashlights with glass lenses from ladders to asphalt without breaking the lens though I've messed up some.bezel rings.
Agreed. A quality glass lens that is shock mounted can't be beat in my opinion.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I ordered mine about a week ago from Spyder Tactical. With the CPF discount it came to $124 shipped... now the hard part, waiting!

I am hoping it will out throw my G5.... and be similar to a Malkoff M91, but more focused.

BaldGuy45

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today. Plastic lens for sure. Didnt need to tap or "tooth" test it. Just a touch can determine if its plastic. Mine is. I will have to say that I am not as impressed as I thought I would be. Slightly brighter than my Olight M20. Hate that there is no way to make the SF go high then low. Also no switching modes once its clicked on. Oh well, its ok, but could be better.

Glock 22

Enlightened
I have no problem with the plastic lens, I just don't like the low on the first click, I prefer hi then lo. All in all great beam throw, awsome brightness. Just need a good bezel down pocket clip that's pretty strong that I don't have to worry about it falling out of my pocket.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still trying to decide if I should let my LX2 go in favor of this new fury. Hmmm.....

Glock 22

Enlightened
I've owned the LX2 also. I would have kept it, but I didn't like the tailcap switch, don't get me wrong it's a great light, I should have done some mods and kept it. The LX2 has a tighter spot than the fury and a more slim line design, and fits in your pocket better, as where the fury has a fatter head and a little bit heavier than the LX2. I like both lights tough decision. Hope this helps

auxcoastie

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today, not that I needed a new light but hey when you get a 60% off hook up you order right. I really like the light and plan to use if for night coyote hunting. The regs here say the light has to be 6v or less, doesn't mention how bright 6V has to be.

That said already having a G2X pro I didn't really need the light. While the fury is brighter I think for most users you really could get by with 1 or another. Its tough to justify a sperate use for both. That said I think they will be useful for special applications like hunting, boat crew night ops, and medical work at the Baker to Vegas race I work every year. Still glad I bought it.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I am another one of those people who is waiting for his light on backorder. I didn't really need another light either, but I could not resist the 500 lumen claim. I do not own any of the G2X or 6PX series of lights, so this should be fun to play with.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned the LX2 also. I would have kept it, but I didn't like the tailcap switch, don't get me wrong it's a great light, I should have done some mods and kept it. The LX2 has a tighter spot than the fury and a more slim line design, and fits in your pocket better, as where the fury has a fatter head and a little bit heavier than the LX2. I like both lights tough decision. Hope this helps

Glock 22, thanks for the feedback. That is very helpful. Now if someone can show a beamshot of the Fury vs. the LX2 at some distance (not against a white wall but rather real world distance use) I would be able to finalize my decision.

schurtjl

Newly Enlightened
Got my Fury yesterday and compared it to my LX2 last night. Didn't get any pictures though. The Fury is brighter, but not as much as I thought it'd be over the LX2. Fury is quite a bit floodier with a decent hotspot, while the LX2 is a pretty tightly focused beam. If I had to choose between the two, I'd keep my LX2 over the Fury, as I like the smaller size and easier to carry aspect, and it doesn't appear to be that much dimmer on high. The 15 lumens on the LX2 is definitely brighter than the 15 on the Fury. But I won't be giving up the Fury either, I like it also. The lens appears to be glass to me.

Jason

Rocky1927

Newly Enlightened
No way am I any kind of expert on anything but the lens in mine sure "seems" glassy. It may just be a really good, high quality polycarbonate. Either way, I'm still happy with mine and give Surefire a big:thumbsup:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
scot said:
If you run one of your front upper teeth across the lens you can tell a distinct difference between plastic and glass.
lol thanks for the tip. I just don't know if the seller who was kind enough to let me open & inspect one before purchasing was as big a fan of this test.

hotlight

Enlightened
haha.. did I give you a weird look while you were giving it the 'tooth test'? lol before we met up, I was wondering if you'd do it or not. Hey, it's better than using a knife tip like I did.

for the record- the tooth trick works well. Very easy to tell the difference between glass and plastic. I'm a fan of it now.

lol thanks for the tip. I just don't know if the seller who was kind enough to let me open & inspect one before purchasing was as big a fan of this test.