The Ultimate EagleTac M2*** TRIPLE REVIEW!

elliowb

Newly Enlightened
Now, on low, it does lean ever so slightly towards green. But unless replying to a question like yours, I wouldn't ever even mention it.
Thanks for your reply. Mine is definitely most pronounced on low. I only began to notice it after about 10 days of use. Maybe I'm just being too picky, but relative to a Q5 emitter, it's considerably greener.

She responded that she already "submitted the tri-18650 setup request" so I'm hoping it will come to fruition soon.
I hope that does come out, I think I'd get one if it wasn't too pricey.

-- Bill

Wattnot

Enlightened
I'd be somewhat interested in one, however the bonus of the 2 cell body is that it better fits with 2 bay chargers. Plus I find it dang comfortable. I just wish it was better in the waterproofedness arena.

I just finished installing the EagleTac provided washers on all three lights. I did the same seal test I did for the initial review and all 3 passed! I was unable to blow any air through, even on the one with the clicky cap installed.

EagleTac has assured us that the head is sealed and will guarantee that, and the washers seal the body so I'm officially amending my review to say that the light now meets the claimed waterproof standard (provided you do the mod to your old one, or buy one with the mod installed as all new ones are).

Last edited:

clumma

Newly Enlightened
Great, for you. I bought an M2 also. Where are my complimentary washers? Will anyone take apart the head for me and clean the dust out of it (including the dark speck on the LED package that came with my light)?

clumma

Newly Enlightened
I posted some pics of the M2 about three months ago (page 5). I finally received my Legion II this past Wednesday, and after using the L2 for a few nights, I'm very impressed with the finish, balance, UI, and output. Though the wait was arduous and sometimes frustrating, I think Neo has finally found the right mix of quality and design to make a near perfect product.

My light arrived with zero flaws. The only thing missing was a little lube on the threads, but that was easy to take care of myself. The finish is perfect and the HA color matches throughout. I popped three Tenergy cells in, turned the ring, and enjoyed the rediculously bright, even beam. The UI is very easy and intuative - it's quite simple to customize the setting as well.

Compared to my Eagletac M2 (3xQ3), the MC-E in the L2 produces a more balanced diffused beam with the OP reflector but still has the ability to throw like the M2. The donut produced by the MC-E is minimal (if even noticable at all). My initial thoughts are that I like the L2 much better: it's more balanced, feels much more solid in my hand, the UI and selector ring are superior, and frankly it just looks better. The only thing I prefer with the M2 is the fact that I chose the Q3 warm tint option - really nice outside in the woods.

The M2 costs much less than Legion II, and is a 2 x 18650 light instead of a 3 x 18650 light. I don't think the two can really be compared.

-Carl

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M2 costs much less than Legion II, and is a 2 x 18650 light instead of a 3 x 18650 light. I don't think the two can really be compared.

-Carl
Much less? The EagleTac costs $152.99 and Legion-II goes for $170.00. That's a negligible difference. And using 3x18650 only increases runtime, not output nor throw.

Last edited:

clumma

Newly Enlightened
Much less? The EagleTac costs $152.99 and Legion-II goes for $170.00. That's a negligible difference. And using 3x18650 only increases runtime, not output nor throw.

It also increases size. For this reason alone I consider them in a different class. As to price, either the price of the L-II came down or I misremembered.

Are newer beamshots of the Legion-II available? Last ones I saw showed significant beam quality issues.

-Carl

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 2 months ago I asked Eagletac's marketing director, Nicole, if they would consider making a round triple or quad 18650 battery tube since it would solve many waterproofing issues and extend runtime. She responded that she already "submitted the tri-18650 setup request" so I'm hoping it will come to fruition soon.

9x23

I'm a big fan of the "over-under" form factor and two of my lights have it. Both are dive lights.
Mold the unit as one piece and get rid of (or drill for) the tail switch.
They would save a lot of money and have the option of a cheap 2x2 upgrade.

For me there is a very limited range where a tail switch allows turning it on with one hand and I rarely carry in that position anyway. I don't think it would be missed.