The very best 2AA flashlight?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd have to agree with many of the replies and say a Badboy or Madmax modded MiniMag. I've got modded MiniMags with Badboy 400, Badboy 500, Madmax+, and Opalec Newbeam, all with glass lens and Kroll switch. If you anticipate using the light for any kind of survival purpose where long run time is a must, then I'd recommend the Opalec over the BB/MM. Lithiums should be a must for a light left in a vehicle too, or use the NiMH's if you want, but keep a sealed pair of Lithium AA's next to the light for "just in case" use.

A Minimag with Badboy, Madmax, or Opalec drop-in mod, glass lens, Kroll switch, and a pair of Lithium AA batteries will run about $40-50, but it is money well spent IMHO

-Keith

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... why go with a 2 AA light?

If you plan to use lithiums...that makes sense.
Although, for lithiums, CR123 based lights are smaller and brighter.

If you aren't going to use Lithiums, why not a light based on 4 AAAs?

They are small, compact, inexpensive and BRIGHT.

My favorites are the PT Attitude ($16) & PT Rage ($9).

They share identical bodies and are great as a pair...backing up each other; Attitude for usefully bright with smooth, broad beam, Rage for REALLY BRIGHT incandescent (but only 1 hour run time).

These small plastic bodied lights are great if you need to hold it in your teeth for a short time to use both hands; much more comfortable than any metal light.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MadMax+ is my choice. I had a standard MadMax, and it was plenty bright enough for my use. It had an accident. Now I have the MadMax+ Q3, it is my everynight carry.
As stated earlier in this thread, it can be installed in lights other than Mini-Mags. The Brinkmann 2AA is one that I have read many people put a BadBoy/MadMax in.
If the runtime is an issue, the MadMax can be turned down it brightness to gain runtime.

The last time I looked at Dat2Zips site, the standard MadMax wasn't listed, are they no longer available?