Things I Learned

hoffmyster86

Newly Enlightened
some folks havent got a few hundred quid to buy one light, the best i've seen to date cost 1000 plus pounds! diver lights with several sealed lead acids in them, but sheesh they work well in the depths.

its a con when you get diddled by cheep tack.. but boy it hurts when folk out on a 'pay for what you get' rip off only to find oh look, cheap chinese innerds?? at 40 times the cost its the same unit as the 'cheapy'..

its a fine line isnt it.. but trying the proper cheap crap is a real crock, you can usualy tell by first touch..first sign of a rip off is no price,'' call us for your special price'' ffff they hear your voise and add dollers on top! tother is no available informasion.........yeh right, wait till you see it, and weep lol. (gues why they wont tell you? CUZ YOU WONT BUY THE HEAPA DOO DOO).

i've got three still all working, all three for under 20 dollers. i also have fenix..led lenser etc... theyre all bright lol. 200 yards is all i use them for at most, or sitting round packing my camp gear, so 50 hours dwindly light works over a week of it, but, well..yu leave stuff behind in the dimness.

bottom line is, cheaper or not, they had accurate info and a price.. all still working. (or theyre liable).

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I abused my 4Sevens Maelstrom like crazy and it still works just fine. I like my Surefires but I like my other lights too.

Bigpal

Enlightened
HDS produces a fine light. I am sure you already know which lights stand above all others. You just want an argument from me that I am not going to give you.

You're on the largest, most respected flashlight forum on Earth, where flashlight discussions take place. Someone asks your opinion and you stonewall them. What is your reason for being here, just so lowly flashlight owners can bask in your wisdom?

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
naming these producers and calling them crap --> extreme n00b post (at best), with a tendency to troll

imho:
You dont know a single bit of the topics You type of,
You have no clue on what happened to flashlight market the last 10 years,
You should read and learn but not post such statements

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
I use my low and middle modes most of the time. I rarely need more than 125 lumens, but it's nice to have it just in case.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I had hair when I was 12. :thinking: Maybe I was mature for my age?

Anyway, the threadstarter needs to learn how to state their opinion less defensively. It is possible to say "I think X" without implying "and everyone who thinks differently is wrong." It takes some practice though. Perhaps they can practice in the Intro forum.

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
Don't waste your money buying cheap lights. Just so you can complain that your 4sevens, jetbeam, fenix, zebra or other crap light broke when the wind blew. These lights are just for people that don't know any better. People here should know better.

I disagree. Some of the $20 lights I get from China are amazingly good.

Flashlights with several levels of output go unused. I have found with a flashlight I need max output or min, never something in the middle.

I agree.

For flashlights I always seem to grab the single cell lights. Small and easy to carry. I have long sold my 2 cell plus lights. Just too heavy and big to take any place comfortably. If it is not small or easy to carry, for me it just collected dust.

I love single-cell lights, as they never have a problem with 2 mismatched (full/dead) batteries, but some of my single-cell lights use AAs, others use 123As, and others use 18650s.

For lumen's, unless I need a spot light 200 lumen's max was all I ever needed. I have found more lumen's just eat batteries faster, and serve better for just showing off. I would say I wasted at least $900 to figure this out.

You probably don't use your light defensively. More lumens is always better in a defensive situation.

I've also learned that a thrower is always better than a flood light. You can always move the light around, but you can never increase the range.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
This goes down on my top 10 most immature threads of 2012...yep, looks like it's right near the top. Thanks to the OP for a good laugh. :crackup:

Latest posts