Thrunite TC20

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any type of electronic lockout on this light? I saw a video on youtube and it gets to the point where the tailcap will fall off to be able to lockout the light, which is to say it would be best to remove the battery if throwing this light in a pack.

The guy doing the video realized his mistake and corrected it. It's not the tailcap you twist for lockout, just a slight twist at the head end and it's locked out...works great!

Also many videos show folks trying to open the rubber USB flap the wrong way...wrong end...I did too. But it's the other end...opens easily, once you know da trick...lol.

I have come to really like the light...great all around, general use light. And bright as heck.

Last edited:

andreas0401

Newly Enlightened
01077utz.gif

011t9uc9.gif

Kivatch

Newly Enlightened
Hi !
I'm thinking about buying the TN20 to replace a Nitecore SRT7 which is not the best light for outdoor use.
I'm just affraid it's too short to be handled tightly.
Also, I don't like the Turbo for 3min approach and prefer thermo regulated lights such as the Zebralights. Is the TC20 thermo-regulated ? I see no mention of it.

I might go with the new SC600 mkIV or the Olight s5 Pro Seeker but the TN20 is much cheaper so it's worth questioning ...

Thank you !

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I picked up the TC20 NW from post office. Very nice light and a bit more compact than I expected. Tint is good and the brightness level seem to be pretty correct compared to the stated. Yes; the difference between mid and high is almost 6 fold which is too big, mid could be 500lm, it had been better in my opinion.
Apart from that it's a very nice light. The switch feels good and is distinct and the hold comfort is very good.

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the update Badbeams3, that makes it a possible option again. :)

What is ELO ? Does it mean the light is not thermal regulated ?
ELO stands for electronic lockout. Some lights can be mechanically locked out by breaking the battery connection with a twist of the tailcap (typically), or in this case slightly loosening the body from the head. Some lights can be electronically locked say a double press of the switch, or a press and hold of the switch, while the light is off. For a light that has electronic lockout, it will use an electronic switch and not a traditional clicky switch. In a light that has an electronic switch there will always be parasitic drain on the battery, as there is still a slight current being pulled while the light is off. A mechanical lockout will break the current. Both lockouts work to prevent accidental activation. :)

Kivatch

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the update Badbeams3, that makes it a possible option again. :)

ELO stands for electronic lockout. Some lights can be mechanically locked out by breaking the battery connection with a twist of the tailcap (typically), or in this case slightly loosening the body from the head. Some lights can be electronically locked say a double press of the switch, or a press and hold of the switch, while the light is off. For a light that has electronic lockout, it will use an electronic switch and not a traditional clicky switch. In a light that has an electronic switch there will always be parasitic drain on the battery, as there is still a slight current being pulled while the light is off. A mechanical lockout will break the current. Both lockouts work to prevent accidental activation. :)

Thank you ! I ended up buying an EagleTac because the TC20 does not feature thermal regulation. I need this feature because I tend to use my lights in both warm or very cold environments. I really liked the TC20 form factor though.

Here is a nice piece of information about the TC20 (in German, but just use the translate option of Chrome ...) :
https://www.lilahand.de/2018/01/16/laufzeitdiagramm-thrunite-tc20/

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you ! I ended up buying an EagleTac because the TC20 does not feature thermal regulation. I need this feature because I tend to use my lights in both warm or very cold environments. I really liked the TC20 form factor though.

Here is a nice piece of information about the TC20 (in German, but just use the translate option of Chrome ...) :
https://www.lilahand.de/2018/01/16/laufzeitdiagramm-thrunite-tc20/

Wow, I'm surprised how well it performs at 1800 lumens. No drop off till 85ish minutes.

tc20rtR-900x514.png

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I'm surprised how well it performs at 1800 lumens. No drop off till 85ish minutes.

:twothumbs!!!

Thanks for that information! This was far above what I dared to expect! It also shows that the efficiency of 2nd gen. XHP70 is higher than I could imagine. I am already very pleased with TC20 and this new information definitely makes it even better.

Rholder

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Came to this thread for a bit of help with a charging issue. My original TC20 was charging fine (I think) but after a few weeks the button light wouldn't turn any colour when the usb was plugged in. I had it replaced very quickly by ThruNite, however the replacement has exactly the same issue. I'm sure I'm doing everything right (white cap removed, head & tail screwed tightly, cable working in other devices etc) but I'm new to flashlights. Is this a common issue? Is there a simple solution?

Scenic

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a TC20, first new light in 5 years! Looks like a great all-around light to modernize my fleet.

Scenic

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Came to this thread for a bit of help with a charging issue. My original TC20 was charging fine (I think) but after a few weeks the button light wouldn't turn any colour when the usb was plugged in. I had it replaced very quickly by ThruNite, however the replacement has exactly the same issue. I'm sure I'm doing everything right (white cap removed, head & tail screwed tightly, cable working in other devices etc) but I'm new to flashlights. Is this a common issue? Is there a simple solution?

I have a similar issue, mine turns red and charges, but the light just goes out when it's done - Does not turn blue like it's supposed to. Hoping it's ok.

Warp

Enlightened
I've been playing with mine for several days now. Turbo mode doesn't work, either no go or drops down within a second or so, along with a brief red flash of the button LED (otherwise blue). The inner spring of the dual in the tailcap was broken off on arrival as well.

It's pretty bright on high at least.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been playing with mine for several days now. Turbo mode doesn't work, either no go or drops down within a second or so, along with a brief red flash of the button LED (otherwise blue). The inner spring of the dual in the tailcap was broken off on arrival as well.

It's pretty bright on high at least.

My TC20 drops down a bit after a few seconds at turbomode. 3800lm simply is too much for a single 26650. But I am very satisfied with high mode of 1800lm which can hold for 1,5hours or so. TN30 2016 works better for higher output(3000lm + for one hour). But it is powered by 4x18650s which means much more capacity than single 26650, also better heat dissipation with the larger head and mass.

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
My TC20 drops down a bit after a few seconds at turbomode. 3800lm simply is too much for a single 26650. But I am very satisfied with high mode of 1800lm which can hold for 1,5hours or so. TN30 2016 works better for higher output(3000lm + for one hour). But it is powered by 4x18650s which means much more capacity than single 26650, also better heat dissipation with the larger head and mass.

I just ordered an Orbtronic 5750mah IMR 26650, maybe that will help...

I went back and forth with some 26650 or quad 18650 with this purchase...never bought a light 'larger' than 1x18650 before...need a thrower now...Thrunite catapault v6 nw to stay with 26650 form factor like this TC20 or really go big with a Fenix TK75 2018 edition 4x18650. My decision may be swayed by the results of this Orbtronic IMR battery in the TC20

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered an Orbtronic 5750mah IMR 26650, maybe that will help...

I went back and forth with some 26650 or quad 18650 with this purchase...never bought a light 'larger' than 1x18650 before...need a thrower now...Thrunite catapault v6 nw to stay with 26650 form factor like this TC20 or really go big with a Fenix TK75 2018 edition 4x18650. My decision may be swayed by the results of this Orbtronic IMR battery in the TC20

It will surely work better at turbomode with a high drain battery. I use Keeppower 6000mAh which has only 10A capacity but it's enough for high mode.

flash....

Enlightened
I Have just ordered and have one on the way... I am also interested in a clip to \ might fit this light?
Does anyone know of a generic clip or part from another light that also might work here?

sp5it

Enlightened
Dropping turbo mode is from protection circuit PCB on battery. Remove it, problem gone or use other unprotected cells.
Mike