Thrunite Ti - The perfect little pocket light no more

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing this. Is yours regulated or can you see a noticeable difference in output during the depletion of the battery?

No runtime tests as of yet, and even when I do run them, they'll be at low single digits or sub-lumens (what I use 80% of the time). My concern is actually more of it getting brighter as QTC settles/expands over time. This Peak will be a dedicated low lumen / headlamp light for me for its ability to dial in (eventually anyways) just the right amount of low lumens.

IMHO, if you like bright, I would look elsewhere since 1) it's not that bright, relatively speaking (maybe the Ultra-X is much better?) 2) the battery crusher design makes me cringe dialing in max when using lithium cells and 3) the QTC pill, and foam surrounds, theoretically will deteriorate faster under full compression cycles.

jbrett14

Enlightened
IMHO, if you like bright, I would look elsewhere since 1) it's not that bright, relatively speaking (maybe the Ultra-X is much better?) 2) the battery crusher design makes me cringe dialing in max when using lithium cells and 3) the QTC pill, and foam surrounds, theoretically will deteriorate faster under full compression cycles.

Good points to ponder. Thanks

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 5 Olight I3s lights. FIVE! Why? Because this light is insanely good. Build quality is exceptional. Runtime and brightness are awesome. Trust me when I say: if you get the i3s, you WILL be happy.

seb13

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for sharing this. Much appreciated. Have any idea of run time on high?

Hello
Runtime on high is about 15 min, after the brightness decrease regularly and flashlight turns off after more than 4 hours (it's very low after 40 min). I used an Ultrafire LC 10440 500mAh.

Last edited:

jbrett14

Enlightened
I bought 5 Olight I3s lights. FIVE! Why? Because this light is insanely good. Build quality is exceptional. Runtime and brightness are awesome. Trust me when I say: if you get the i3s, you WILL be happy.

Perhaps you missed my earlier posts regarding the Olights. My experience with them was different than yours. Mine failed, just like the iTP and Thrunites. I put them all in the same class. Great light output but unreliable, at least from my experience anyway. And I am not hard on my lights at all. I take excellent care of my lights.

Glad they are working good for you. Because there are others like you who have had no issues with these lights, I can conclude that, at best, these brands (for these models) are simply inconsistent (unreliable ?), with some having no problems while others have several problems. It seems that it's been about a 50/50 ratio.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Hello
Runtime on high is about 15 min, after the brightness decrease regularly and flashlight turns off after more than 4 hours (it's very low after 40 min). I used an Ultrafire LC 10440 500mAh.

Much appreciated. This will help me make a decision.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Peak is literally built like an M1 Abrams Tank. I won't break. But it's a small light dude. While it really can push out 300 lumens on a Li-ion, it heats up fast and can't sustain that level for long. On a AAA it does about 60 lumens. Its the best keychain light made.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We stand behind our products and will assist you by our European and USA customer service to resolve problems.You can send back your defective products for refund or replace. Because of the problems with the brightness switching mechanism of the model Ti ,we will release updated version in 2014.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We stand behind our products and will assist you by our European and USA customer service to resolve problems.You can send back your defective products for refund or replace. Because of the problems with the brightness switching mechanism of the model Ti ,we will release updated version in 2014.

That is nice to see you respond in this thread. It is also good to see that you are working on solutions for this problem. I have a Ti on my keychain and have a friend who has one and has given many away as gifts since they are such a great price.

jbrett14

Enlightened

It is nice to see a company stand behind their product like this. However, if the burden to pay for shipping a defective product (per your own admission) back to it's manufacturer is on the consumer, I will pass. Then again, if all of mine end up failing, then maybe I will ship them all at the same time, to avoid excessive shipping costs.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is nice to see a company stand behind their product like this. However, if the burden to pay for shipping a defective product (per your own admission) back to it's manufacturer is on the consumer, I will pass. Then again, if all of mine end up failing, then maybe I will ship them all at the same time, to avoid excessive shipping costs.

Having just started to use my Ti after almost a year in an old pants pocket I am relived to see this thread.

I agree with you though. And I believe we had an extensive discussion somewhere in the Cafe about keeping customers for life by offering free shipping no matter how many times they had to send it back. For companies that sell online I honestly think this needs to be built into their business plans. I would hate to see someone go or of business over something like this but it's a serious consideration these days.

So far I have not had the same problems you indicate, but I do have to admit that after using all my Nichia and neutral lights this is a shocker to my tint palate when I wake up and fumble around in the morning.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
We have customer support in CA USA. Germany For Europe. Australian.We have warehouse in USA. Japan. Australia.Uk. France. German.later in Canada. Italian. We will have better service. and if you do not send back to China to replace or exchange! if yes Please kindly drop us email: [email protected]

jbrett14

Enlightened
We have customer support in CA USA. Germany For Europe. Australian.We have warehouse in USA. Japan. Australia.Uk. France. German.later in Canada. Italian. We will have better service. and if you do not send back to China to replace or exchange! if yes Please kindly drop us email: [email protected]

Forgive me for not understanding, but it's still not clear to me if I am expected to pay for shipping and WHERE I should ship the defective lights to.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgive me for not understanding, but it's still not clear to me if I am expected to pay for shipping and WHERE I should ship the defective lights to.

I'm assuming still yes you are expected to pay for it but he was pointing out that you may have a closer place to school to instead of China.

SoulCraves

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Sorry to dig up this thread. I have a Ti2 that remains in dim mode and no matter how i twist the needle, the high mode will not come on. I had pm Thrunite about this, but no response from Thrunite after I told them I got the light direct from their website.

Till now I'm in a fix, appreciate if someone can assist here.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Good luck. I have now had several of these lights fail. They don't last, unless you are lucky. I regret buying more than a dozen of them all at once. Makes me sick to think I could have had a nice Zebralight for the price I paid for all these lights.

The lights are not worth the shipping costs to have them repaired\replaced, so we lose.

This was the only Thrunite light I have had, but based on this experience, I doubt I will buy another light of this brand. Too bad, because they seem like they could be great quality.

Seems to me that if this was a KNOWN problem from the get go (Thrunite acknowledged that this was a DEFECT), that THRUNITE, not the buyer, should be paying to have these faulty lights shipped back. That burden should not be the on the buyer. Especially if they want to keep these customers in the future.

Did you ever get your Peak? I put a Peak Pacific on my keychain in 2008, and it stayed on there constantly until the LED burned out. Yes, the light still worked fine, the actual diode finally went bad. Peak replaced it with a brand new AAA with the turbo head last year and bam, it went right back on the keychain. I was actually only disappointed that I needed to wear off the anodizing again!

jbrett14

Enlightened
No, I did not. I was almost ready to hit the buy button one night when I felt uneasy about some specs. If I remember, it had to do with run times or regulation that caused me to doubt the item.

SoulCraves

Newly Enlightened
Well, I guess if this is the kind of service Thrunite operates, i.e. claiming to stand by their product but lacks response to issues, then I would think it's just marketing gimmicks. I had pm'ed Thrunite alerting them to this thread.

Let's see if we get any response, and they should note that CPF is one of the biggest light forums.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Actually, we did get a response here, but not a follow-up response to my response.

They will replace the item but it appears that the consumer must pay to have it shipped back. An odd burden considering the light is ACKNOWLEDGED by Thrunite as being DEFECTIVE.

In a similar situation as this topic, I just had a Kidde smoke detector fail after 9 months of ownership. I called Kidde to see if they would replace it. Even though they initially said they would do nothing about it, they ended up agreeing to ship me a new one, free of charge, WITHOUT me having to send the old one back. Pretty good service. Especially when you consider that it's not a KNOWN defect (could of failed due to electrical power surge).

I don't know how big of a company Thrunite is, but the right thing to do is get new units shipped to all owners who have reported failures, without expecting those owners to be further inconvenienced with packaging time and shipping costs. Heck, we have already been inconvenienced by the defect.