ThruNite TN32,1700 Lm Thrower REVIEW, Pictures & Beamshots

Capolini

Banned
Re: ThruNite TN32-REVIEW, Pictures & Beamshots

Congratulations on your new light ! :thumbsup:
Your collection is full of great lights.
Thanks for the pictures.

Thanks,,,,,Flashlion!!:thumbsup: I forgot to include the X10vn with the "Thrunite and Friends" Photo!! I do have it on Vihn X10vn thread!

The car is warmed up and "Capo" and I are ready to hit the trail w/ my new TN32 and friends! :clap::rock::twothumbs

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has anybody heard from Thrunite on whether or not they will produce a neutral white version of the TN32? Oh, and once again, nice pics Capolini!

FlashLion

Enlightened

Has anybody heard from Thrunite on whether or not they will produce a neutral white version of the TN32? Oh, and once again, nice pics Capolini!
I will ask Thrunite,when I have contact with them.

FlashLion

Enlightened

ok, thanks. I was curious since they have made some neutral white versions of their other lights but not all.
Contacted ThruNite. They don't have plans to make neutral white version of TN32 for now. Maybe in the future.
Edit: Neutral white version is already available.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Contacted ThruNite. They don't have plans to make neutral white version of TN32 for now. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for asking! That is what I figured but I am glad to know you found out straight from the horse's mouth.

Mrgunsngear

Newly Enlightened

Great photos and great review overall.

I'm a fan of my TN32 as well. I guess I'll add my review to the thread….

chrisb

Newly Enlightened

Like Mr. Tone I'd like a neutral white version of this light and saw that it is available at Amazon and hkequipment :confused: The Thrunite store website does not list a neutral white version so I'm wondering if that is a typo or it's mislabeled? What's weird is the Amazon listing is sold by the Thrunite stiore and fulfilled by amazon. Anyway, I just ordered the one NOT labeled as neutral white. Can't wait to get my hands on this light! :D

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Like Mr. Tone I'd like a neutral white version of this light and saw that it is available at Amazon and hkequipment :confused: The Thrunite store website does not list a neutral white version so I'm wondering if that is a typo or it's mislabeled? What's weird is the Amazon listing is sold by the Thrunite stiore and fulfilled by amazon. Anyway, I just ordered the one NOT labeled as neutral white. Can't wait to get my hands on this light! :D

That is very interesting. FlashLion, can you elaborate on this or are those listings incorrect and misleading? Sure enough, someone is listing it this way but based on your information I assume this is false.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HEXGMEE/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Also, even though the listing says neutral white TN32 in the lower specs it says XM-L2 U2. As far as I know there are no neutral white U2 flux bins yet. I think T6 is the highest flux at this point for the higher neutral white range.

Last edited:

chrisb

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thrunite have good communication. Asked them again about the neutral white TN32. Now they say,they already have TN32 with neutral white LED.
Sorry for the wrong info. I just give you their words.:duh2:

I will change my previous post.

chrisb

Newly Enlightened
Oh well. It's not clearly differentiated on their website- there's only 1 listing for TN32. Makes me wonder if all their TN32s now are NW... Wanted a NW version but the non-NW light i ordered is on it's way to me already. Bummer but still excited for it nonetheless.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashLion, thanks for the review. Apologies if I have missed this in the OP or in a follow up post, but one key measurement I am interested in is the current draw when the selector ring is in standby.

For a light this big, the tailcap switch is a but unweildy, but does provide a proper off switch. However, if a user decides to leave the tailcap switch on and use the selector ring to put it in standby, then effectively you have parasitic drain to consider, so it would be useful to know what this is.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Oh well. It's not clearly differentiated on their website- there's only 1 listing for TN32. Makes me wonder if all their TN32s now are NW... Wanted a NW version but the non-NW light i ordered is on it's way to me already. Bummer but still excited for it nonetheless.
Write your impressions here when you receive it. Thanks

FlashLion

Enlightened
FlashLion, thanks for the review. Apologies if I have missed this in the OP or in a follow up post, but one key measurement I am interested in is the current draw when the selector ring is in standby.

For a light this big, the tailcap switch is a but unweildy, but does provide a proper off switch. However, if a user decides to leave the tailcap switch on and use the selector ring to put it in standby, then effectively you have parasitic drain to consider, so it would be useful to know what this is.
Actually the tail switch acts also as an electronic switch(as far as I know).There are some electronic components in the tailcap and two springs for contact and it's not easy to measure the standby current. I will try if I can do something to measure it.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite have good communication. Asked them again about the neutral white TN32. Now they say,they already have TN32 with neutral white LED.
Sorry for the wrong info. I just give you their words.:duh2:

I will change my previous post.

This is good news, indeed. However, they need to get their communication straight. :whoopin:

FlashLion

Enlightened

Here are the measurements.
In standby mode TN32 draws ~90 micro Amps from the batteries.
The tail switch is not in the main high current circuit and just supplies + to the triggering electronics in the tail that connects - to the driver board. This is very good solution because at high current(>4Amps) the clicky switches get heating.

Last edited:

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened
Got my TN32t (mod by _the_ ) today.

specs: - 448 000 cd
- Throw 1339 m

nuff said...