ThruNite TN32,1700 Lm Thrower REVIEW, Pictures & Beamshots

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thrunite brought a new ultimate throw edition of the TN32:
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tn32-ut-cw-new-product/

Can't wait to see beamshots comparing TN32 and TN32UT!
Thanks for the info!
It's great to see ThruNite is also updating its lights with the XP-L Hi led.
Interesting why they limit it only to 1150 lumens. The new emitter will surely give a better throw and maybe they just play safe driving the led with less current.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if they had too many warranty requests on the TN32 or something? In any event, I am glad to see more manufacturers using the XP-L HI in thrower lights.

uk1

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know why they have taken the TN32 CW off their website?

murican

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if they had too many warranty requests on the TN32 or something? In any event, I am glad to see more manufacturers using the XP-L HI in thrower lights.

Is XP-L HI newer technology? I'm not sure why they switched from copper heat sinking to brass either...

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is XP-L HI newer technology? I'm not sure why they switched from copper heat sinking to brass either...

The XP-L HI is a newer Cree LED that is an XP-L without the dome from the factory. In short, this provides better throw than one with a dome.

JATOAV8OR

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I'm new to this forum but had a "thing" for lighting of various types for decades.
I'm looking for an opinion on having a custom Tn32 done.
Primarily who would be recommended to modify and what options would be most ideal for my needs.
I'm on the coast of Wa. State with a large area to keep track of . Also very high humidity/ fog so floods are nearly worthless to me.
Thanks.
If there's a better thread I should be on please let me know.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Hello,
I'm new to this forum but had a "thing" for lighting of various types for decades.
I'm looking for an opinion on having a custom Tn32 done.
Primarily who would be recommended to modify and what options would be most ideal for my needs.
I'm on the coast of Wa. State with a large area to keep track of . Also very high humidity/ fog so floods are nearly worthless to me.
Thanks.
If there's a better thread I should be on please let me know.

Hold on, I got this...http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/tn32vn-best-mid-size-thrower-r

This is your man.

JATOAV8OR

Newly Enlightened
Thanks; got in touch with the man & got the ball rolling .
Great resource here , glad I found it. My wife... not so much.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny. The older version (1702lm, CW) is my first flashlight. Don't laugh at me, but it is my... EDC :) It has overruled my opinion on Chinese quality. Pure quality.

The time has passed and I ordered Olight S1 Ti, Thrunite C1 v2, Thrunite TN12, Nitecore MH20... But still carrying TN32. Ok, it reminds me using a sniper rifle for concealed carry... Whatever. I guess we all here are kind of deviated :)

FlashLion

Enlightened
Funny. The older version (1702lm, CW) is my first flashlight. Don't laugh at me, but it is my... EDC :) It has overruled my opinion on Chinese quality. Pure quality.

The time has passed and I ordered Olight S1 Ti, Thrunite C1 v2, Thrunite TN12, Nitecore MH20... But still carrying TN32. Ok, it reminds me using a sniper rifle for concealed carry... Whatever. I guess we all here are kind of deviated :)
Great collection,so far. You have started with a really good flashlight. One of the best throwers in terms of combination of lumen output,beam shape and distance.I love the huge reflector. It's great to know that it is good also for ED carrying.:thumbsup:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting observation: when batteries go down (2.8-2.9V) the flashlight starts to blink. 1 blink, may be a minute pause (did not check), 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks... and so on. Perhaps, TN32 does not cut off power, but it definitely reports low voltage situation.

FlashLion

Enlightened
Interesting observation: when batteries go down (2.8-2.9V) the flashlight starts to blink. 1 blink, may be a minute pause (did not check), 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks... and so on. Perhaps, TN32 does not cut off power, but it definitely reports low voltage situation.
Thanks for the info!

LightMaven

Newly Enlightened
Re: ThruNite TN32,TN35

Is the Display case still included with the TN32 and TN35?

Great review and your night photography is fantastic.

FlashLion

Enlightened

Is the Display case still included with the TN32 and TN35?

Great review and your night photography is fantastic.

Sorry for the very late reply. I did not receive notification about your post.
As long as I know the TN32 is still coming with the nice case. Maybe it is best to ask the dealer before buying,though.
Thanks for reading my review and thanks for the comments about my pictures!

LAMPARITA

Enlightened

Sorry for the very late reply. I did not receive notification about your post.
As long as I know the TN32 is still coming with the nice case. Maybe it is best to ask the dealer before buying,though.
Thanks for reading my review and thanks for the comments about my pictures!

Hard to find a ThruNite TN32 with the nice aluminum case. All TN32 selling on Ebay, Amazon or ThruNite website, are packaged in a plain brown cardboard box. I guess the nice case was only included for a short time:(

Latest posts