ThruNite TN32,1700 Lm Thrower REVIEW, Pictures & Beamshots

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my TN32t (mod by _the_ ) today.

specs: - 448 000 cd
- Throw 1339 m

nuff said...

It has been modded, you say? Since the current should not be increased anymore than from the factory I assume the LED is de-domed on your light?

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened
It has been modded, you say? Since the current should not be increased anymore than from the factory I assume the LED is de-domed on your light?

Yes.
XM-L2d + lowres + focal adj mods

Capolini

Banned
Got my TN32t (mod by _the_ ) today.

specs: - 448 000 cd
- Throw 1339 m

nuff said...

Nice! Who modded it? I am guessing you are not from U.S.A.? Are you from Europe? Asia?

My OSTS TN31mb is certified at 470Kcd[470,000]

Enjoy your new modded torch!:)

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened
Nice! Who modded it? I am guessing you are not from U.S.A.? Are you from Europe? Asia?

My OSTS TN31mb is certified at 470Kcd[470,000]

Enjoy your new modded torch!:)

Thanks, I will.

I am from Finland, Europe. Local wizard ( _the_ ) did the modding. And this was the "safe mod" option. He also offered >500 Kcd mod but at the higher risk of led endurance. I took the safe cos 1,34 km of throw is surely enough for me. For now... :)

Capolini

Banned
Thanks, I will.

I am from Finland, Europe. Local wizard ( _the_ ) did the modding. And this was the "safe mod" option. He also offered >500 Kcd mod but at the higher risk of led endurance. I took the safe cos 1,34 km of throw is surely enough for me. For now... :)

I understand!! I have Three modded torches. The 470Kcd TN31 is actually the safer/longer lasting/less tweeked mod. My other Two mods are different lights[K40vn and X10vn] that are pushed to the limit! Vihns TN31 version is around 500K+!!

ot here!! I am very fortunate to have power. More than 500K people in the Philadelphia area are without power from heavy snow on Monday and ice storms last night,,,,,,,,,with temps. tumbling and winds picking up,,,,,,,,,,my village could be next!:mecry:

chrisb

Newly Enlightened
My TN32 arrived today and there's a slight problem. My protected Panasonic NCR18650Bs do not fit! These batteries are fine on my tm26 and Eagtac mx25l3c. Is there any workaround before I buy new batteries? Like loosening the screws on the battery carrier or maybe cutting a bit off the spring?

Update
Problem solved. I managed to get it to fit. I was being too delicate the first time.
u8y8are7.jpg
and here it is with the Eagtac and the nitecore. The tint is definitely cool white. Very similar to the tm26 but slightly less greenish.

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
The protected batteries with transparent wrapping usually have protrude bottoms(not flat) and this increases their length and may cause problem in some lights.
Good to hear you have solved the problem.Thanks for the picture!
Enjoy the light!

chrisb

Newly Enlightened
Thanks flashlion and ven :) the springs were quite stiff so I had to use a little more force, without damaging the battery carrier or the batteries.

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks flashlion and ven :) the springs were quite stiff so I had to use a little more force, without damaging the battery carrier or the batteries.

Slightly different i know but my tk51 is the same,carrier is quite tight fitting,on plus side it allows for long term use(as springs do give a little in time),so when it does soften a little they will still hold the cells securely........mr 1/2 glass full:D

SamSerious

Newly Enlightened
Still wondering wether to get a TN32 or a Catapult V5. I don't think that 200 lumens willl really be noticeable and the Catapult just needs to 18650s, but on the other hand the TN32 isn't THAT much more expensive in Germany, the difference is just 125€ to 145€

Is the catapult really more rugged and solid than the TN32?

FlashLion

Enlightened
Still wondering wether to get a TN32 or a Catapult V5. I don't think that 200 lumens willl really be noticeable and the Catapult just needs to 18650s, but on the other hand the TN32 isn't THAT much more expensive in Germany, the difference is just 125€ to 145€

Is the catapult really more rugged and solid than the TN32?
Hello
Both lights are quite solid and stable.V5 is made of a little thicker aluminum.
There is a big difference in terms of throw. If you like impressively throwing lights,the TN32 is a good choice. Catapult V5 is a great thrower too,but TN32 throws much further due to its bigger reflector.
If I can help with something more,feel free to ask me.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
I got my TN32 last night and tested it out. It definitely can light up trees maybe 450 metres away which is definitely further than my MX25L3 with the MT-G2 emitter or the Catapult V3. The beam is amazingly tight which is obvious just shining it at a wall

The light is obviously very well built and even comes in it's own suitcase for travelling.

FlashLion

Enlightened
I got my TN32 last night and tested it out. It definitely can light up trees maybe 450 metres away which is definitely further than my MX25L3 with the MT-G2 emitter or the Catapult V3. The beam is amazingly tight which is obvious just shining it at a wall
The light is obviously very well built and even comes in it's own suitcase for travelling.

Thanks for the comment!
The TN32 is a really good light.Enjoy it!
I like the magnetic ring.For a big,heavy flashlight the magnetic ring is a convenient way to operate the UI.
The best part is that the beam is quite tight without need of a dedomed LED and still has useful spill for a thrower.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
Thanks for the comment!
The TN32 is a really good light.Enjoy it!
I like the magnetic ring.For a big,heavy flashlight the magnetic ring is a convenient way to operate the UI.
The best part is that the beam is quite tight without need of a dedomed LED and still has useful spill for a thrower.

It is amazingly well built and a pleasure to use. I use it along with a Lenser H14R.2 headlamp. My night walk is a quick walk around Yellagonga park which is swamplands and a lake. It takes about 45 minutes walking quickly.

My MX25L3 is still my favourite, I think, as it is more floody with a warmer tint. The TN32 is like a light sabre with an amazingly focussed beam. The control system on the MX is slightly quicker to use and more positive. That is you can rotate past maximum to standby on the Thrunite. The TN is also quite a bit bigger in every dimension and much heavier while putting out less total light.

I'm not bagging the TN32 though as it is a unique addition and the beam is in a class of its own really. Only time will tell which one I will end up using the most. It is a most impressive light and the light can be operated one handed.

I should add that the holster is excellent and although a big light, it carries on the belt very nicely.

Overall, it has exceeded my expectations. I guess " Made in China" will become a badge of honour if they keep making lights of this quality.

Last edited:

murican

Newly Enlightened
11800943743_7e72e624c7_c.jpg

The light from the LED is clean cool white. No greenish or bluish tint. It gives quality illumination.

Was this light a "cool white" or "neutral white" TN32? sorry I wasn't sure if you were saying it looks clean and cool or if that was the specific color. Thanks!

FlashLion

Enlightened
The light from the LED is clean cool white. No greenish or bluish tint. It gives quality illumination.

Was this light a "cool white" or "neutral white" TN32? sorry I wasn't sure if you were saying it looks clean and cool or if that was the specific color. Thanks!

The reviewed TN32 has a cool white LED(the cool white version).
Cool meaning not warm,or neutral.:)

Edit:Apropos,the TN32's beam still impressеs me,so the other meaning of cool is also valid.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last weekend I brought with me my TN32 neutral in the wilderness. It's a beefy light in the hand, but I like the brightness control ring. I have no experience of the cool white but the tint of the neutral option is beautiful to my eyes. My brother in law was really impressed of the throw. Whatever tint used this is a great light. I don't want to get rid of my Thrunites, neither TN32 or TN35.

Latest posts