TITAN PLUS

dlee96

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Received a Titan Plus, promptly tore open the package, and trashed the instructions. A day later, I'm trying to remove the plastic clip without breaking my fingernails or the plastic clip. That thing is on tight. The instructions are now at the bottom of the trash can (with many dirty diapers stacked on top) and I can't seem to find the manual online. Any hints on how to disconnect the black clip from the light without breaking anything?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say, anyone with the Prometheus Beta QR and this lovely new Plus care to show the two together in a photo so one can get an idea of their relative sizes to each other, with and without the quick release attachments?

I wonder if I should Frog Lube my Beta QR Gen 1...

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
has anyone who has experienced the flickering on different modes been able to troubleshoot what the problem is? does it do it more on a certain type of cell? still on the fence about this one, concerned about the flickering.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it flickers while using a supported battery type, then the light is defective and should be replaced/repaired by Surefire.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
I just got 3 of the 5 I ordered. I'll use it for a few days and see how it works. I'll try on my keys and also pocket clipped. It seems on-par with brightness level of my 2211x so far.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi. Received a Titan Plus, promptly tore open the package, and trashed the instructions. A day later, I'm trying to remove the plastic clip without breaking my fingernails or the plastic clip. That thing is on tight. The instructions are now at the bottom of the trash can (with many dirty diapers stacked on top) and I can't seem to find the manual online. Any hints on how to disconnect the black clip from the light without breaking anything?

I can pull mine off with bare fingers pulling at a 45 degree angle. You could put a small screwdriver through the metal ring for additional leverage. The pull of cap appears to be made from Nitrolon and I doubt you can hurt it.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
has anyone who has experienced the flickering on different modes been able to troubleshoot what the problem is? does it do it more on a certain type of cell? still on the fence about this one, concerned about the flickering.

I did in the beginning. I cleaned the threads and contacts, applied a small amount nyogel properly on threads. Problem seems corrected on mine. Also, when you get to the desired mode, make sure it is tight. SF seemed to coat my light in lube.

Try that and see if it works for you. I am curious to see if this works for others as well.

DimmerD

Enlightened
Mine is flickering too and I have noticed if I leave it on medium for 30 seconds or so it stops. Switching to high heats the light up faster which seems to stop the flickering but only in low and medium modes, it still flickers on high no matter what. Still experimenting with it but I will eventually send it to Surefire.

scout24

Flashaholic
If anyone is interested, Batteryjunction just sent me a shipping notice, so they have stock. Full retail, but free shipping and a 5% CPF discount code. :)

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got 3 of the 5 I ordered. I'll use it for a few days and see how it works. I'll try on my keys and also pocket clipped. It seems on-par with brightness level of my 2211x so far.

With three in hand, how are your's as far as quality control? Centered emitter? Centered seal/gasket? Any flickering on any modes?

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
With three in hand, how are your's as far as quality control? Centered emitter? Centered seal/gasket? Any flickering on any modes?

I took one to work and it works good on my keychain or clipped to my backpack. The o-ring on the one I'm trying out is just a hair out of alignment (lower right part of the o-ring in the picture). I'm not a perfectionist so it doesn't really bother me. I figure it has a lifetime warranty so if it ever leaks or breaks I can send it in at that point. It does not affect the beam, which is pretty smooth and round. LED is slightly off center as well and again, it really doesn't bother me.

I haven't checked the other 2, it's still new in the package at home. Here is the pic of the one I'm carrying along with my EDC Benchmade SocP daggers: Serial A02601

0f5f731c-79c0-4640-a653-dce00e83ba53.jpg

da86f829-b50d-4dc8-a99f-79b4e71d3708.jpg

Last edited:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I contacted Surefire and got an RMA number to ship my back because of the flickering issue. I also mentioned the o-ring. ;)

I'll post again when I get a replacement. .

Nice! keep us posted.

I had the same problem with my Tiara A1. Sent it back and Armytek solved. Now, I have this problem
in my Nitecore T5s, however it stabilizes after some secs or switching modes

Last edited:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to join the club. Got mine today and although I get no flickering, I do find the 'sticky' medium annoying. I am referring to the fact that I get L-M-M-H and if I twist fast enough I get L-M-M-M-H (sometimes four or more mediums). :banghead: :hairpull: :tsk: :rant: A slow medium to high twist works (but strangely enough, it did not work at first). Anyhow, I will be cleaning up the threads and relubing to see if it helps any (as soon as I figure out where the heck I put my Nyogel tube!).

To the naked eye the LED is off-center but guess what? I compared to my Titan AAA and they have identical emitter placement. The beam does show a little asymmetry but I could care less since it is a flood beam. Still, it would be nice if Surefire reassessed their assembly tools to properly center the emitter.

I do have a slightly pinched seal but it is not really all that bad; it still seals properly from what I can tell. This is another detail that Surefire manufacturing should address. Attention to detail is something I always argued to be in Surefire's favor; I would hate to revise that opinion.

It's a nice beefy AAA light (about the same weight as the Prometheus Beta QR copper), a little too big and heavy for keychain carry but I like the clip, which provides a good carry alternative. I am waiting on another one from LAPG, which will hopefully be second batch since it is backordered at this point.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took one to work and it works good on my keychain or clipped to my backpack. The o-ring on the one I'm trying out is just a hair out of alignment (lower right part of the o-ring in the picture). I'm not a perfectionist so it doesn't really bother me. I figure it has a lifetime warranty so if it ever leaks or breaks I can send it in at that point. It does not affect the beam, which is pretty smooth and round. LED is slightly off center as well and again, it really doesn't bother me.

I haven't checked the other 2, it's still new in the package at home. Here is the pic of the one I'm carrying along with my EDC Benchmade SocP daggers: Serial A02601

Thanks for the info and photos. How's the tint on your light? Also, any noticeable flickering on any modes?

Thanks again,
Robert