• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the primary user market, there is also a secondary market for collectors. It enhances the desirability of an item if it can be proven to be scarce. In this case, how many were made? The propensity to pay increases as the availability decreases.
I am sure many owners will quote the quantity a few years down the track when they want to sell it.
Similarly, a collector would also ask why would you want to know what emitter, runtime, power draw, etc etc. After all, you turn it on, you illuminate whatever you want to see.

This info is good for both buyers and builders like Enrique.
Out of curiosity, why do you care how many units will be made? As long as you place an order, you'll get one.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benchiew: The reason people want to know what emitter is used, what the runtime is, etc. is because those are practical features that describe the utility of a product. Those who wish to be informed about what they are purchasing need to know that information, in much the same way that you ought to know what sort of gas mileage and safety features are prevalent to a car.

I appreciate what it is you're asking for, but the number made won't be known until after the parts are sent off for machining in several weeks, and will be determined largely by the number requested in this thread. Regardless of what that number ends up being, however, it will have no effect on whether or not I make another batch of the same light at some point down the line. It's fine to care about collector's value, but that's not really my overriding concern in the design or production of my lights - the quality, features, and functionality are.

Enrique

Rudi

Enlightened
Enrique, my post seems to have been lost.
I sent an email with down payment on the day this offer first appeared, but forgot to properly fill the subject line.
I hope this hasn't led to confusion.
I also posted a question about about how much rotation of the head you are planning for from stage to stage.
Best wishes for a smooth run

Rudi.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is exactly what I was saying, I fully understand that the primary users want to know the specs. On the other side of the fence, a collector wants to know the numbers made. Both sets of information caters for different buyers.
I was asked why I wanted to know the quantity made and I explained. Lets not clutter this thread any further from what is viewed as irrelevant information. I apologise to those that took offense.
So on with the sales....
:)

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rudi: The CPF died, again, and lost a bunch of posts, including the old thread. You're clear, though. :) The head rotation will be similar to the Aeon, but with a mode in between low and high. I don't have an exact number in degrees for you.

Enrique

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's fine to care about collector's value, but that's not really my overriding concern in the design or production of my lights - the quality, features, and functionality are.

Enrique

:thumbsup: +1

For a flashaholic, the quality, the features and functionality ARE the value of the light!

fyrstormer

Banned
Let's not start an argument about whether functional value or collector's value is more important, okay? This is a sale thread, after all.

I wouldn't worry too much about the resale value of this light, regardless of how many are made. This is the final edition of a very popular light; it will retain its value just fine. If you need a precedent, look at the light I have in my userpic; they routinely sell for ~200% of their initial purchase price nowadays.

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case confirmation is helpful, PP was previously sent (the first payment) for one Aeon.

Thanks again, Enrique!

:)

bltkmt

Enlightened
I will be back in the country on Wednesday. Please hold one for me, as I had signed up on the original list. Thanks.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rudi: The CPF died, again, and lost a bunch of posts, including the old thread. You're clear, though. :) The head rotation will be similar to the Aeon, but with a mode in between low and high. I don't have an exact number in degrees for you.

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

Was really thinking the additional mode would be set where the Aeon has a gap in its usability which in my opinion is a mode lower than the current low. 0.5-1 lumen. A mode to walk around the house without waking anyone. For edc, I think that would expand the Aeon's usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.