Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Flex**

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **TnC EDC-Flex Series Interest/Announcement Thread**E Series Compatible Lights/Pa

bmstrong
I'm interested in Titanium heads and bodies as well.
The more pressing question I have? How about a simple CR123 twisty pack?

The E Series from my view was not designed for a twisty if that's the question. The heads can still be used for lock out however and that's why I think the integrated tail is fine since you don't need it for lock out.

Are there other CR123 Ti Twisties built? This is something we will probably look at some time if we see demand, such as a large version of the Micro-Flex.

easilyled
I'm also interested to know if TNC is considering designing any heads/canisters
that can utilize the spectacular SSC P7 led.

We've been checking the P7 out and I expect we will build these.

JohnTz
At the minimum, a 38mm head with some kind of integrated tri-led heatsink and a lens would be a killer kit that would sell strong in both Ti and Al. The integrated tail/tube makes (in my opinion) a better looking and stronger light. Using the McClicky integrated into the tail would be nice although I am not sure of the power levels these clickys can handle.

I believe the switch is capable of 25w and 30w spikes, but I could be wrong. That should do for these heads IMO.

donn_
I'd love to see Ti C-Flex bodies. If the knurling problem applies to bodies as well, how about milled grooves in the high areas, for gription?
Here's an idea of a larger head on C-Flex tubes:
Personally, I'd rather see the C-Flex built for A123 cells, but I can live with AW C size. I run a single A123 and a spacer in that 2-cell tube.

We have a number of milled custom C-Flex patterns machined and more that were designed. If you go to the bottom of the C-Flex thread I discussed some of the possibilities of even one-offs etc. There's an exciting pattern I hope we can pull off at some point.

The EDC-Flex should look better than the A3 on the C-Flex IMO. The Ti bodies would call for Ti adaptors as well. Perhaps we could design them to look optimal depending on the applicable heads attached.

I hear you. We've been discussing the Emoli or A123s for different applications. This might come into play with the 18650 sizes as well.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Re: **TnC EDC-Flex Series Interest/Announcement Thread**E Series Compatible Lights/Pa

Put me down for:

1. Head:
27mm (what reflector would it use?) & 38mm (depending on price)
2. Tube/tail: 18650 & CR123
3. LED: Whatever!
4. Driver: GDuP :naughty:
5. Finish: Titanium! :devil: Is it possible to get it blasted?

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

:twothumbs john

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great looking head, Eric.
Call me crazy but, I liked the design of the Proto 38mm head. :cool:

Any 38mm or 27mm head would be a great hit.
Titanium would be a nice touch, but I prefer HA NAT.

All this sounds very promising.

white light

Enlightened

:wave: :twothumbs

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 38mm head looks beautiful. Would look great on the 27mm long head as well:thumbsup:

tdurand

Enlightened

Eric-
C-flex compatibility would be nice. I'm not a big fan of the narrowing before the head look. It seems too fragile. If an adapter is needed to '"fill it in" then I'm all for it.

I'd vote for a sapphire window.
I'm in for a couple in Ti.
T

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Put me down for:

1. Head: 27mm (what reflector would it use?) & 38mm (depending on price)
2. Tube/tail: 18650 & CR123
3. LED: Whatever!
4. Driver: GDuP :naughty:
5. Finish: Titanium! :devil: Is it possible to get it blasted?

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

:twothumbs john

The 27mm head would use the 27XR or 27L-S reflector. I also like the old 27mm short reflectors used in the LavaLamp or A1. If there is interest we could build a small run of those as well.

Sure we could bead blast parts, or you could just do it yourself.

I don't know on the GDuP. I'd opt for the Piglet; those are two level buck/boost boards and have been around for a couple years. Besides they are available now.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm posting the estimated pricing for the 38mm heads in Ti and bare aluminum. I'm trying to keep the price affordable :crackup:so these can be attainable. Seriously though I am keeping the markup on these pretty low.

The price estimated at this time for a 38mm Ti shell/bezel/0-ring is $299. We will offer anodizing or plating on the aluminum 38mm heads, but the preliminary bare aluminum cost for empty heads is $87.00. This is for a very small run. If interest justifies a larger run the cost may come down. We are sourcing sapphire and UCL lenses for these heads. We are going to try to match the lenses to the A3 Aleph specs. so folks can order these lenses as well for use in their existing heads. I'll try to have pricing for lenses perhaps some time next week. I paid retail for the 38mm reflectors I have and will just pass on this cost at about $20 each along with the purchase of heads for the 14-18 pcs. reflectors I have.

The optional aluminum heat sinks for multi LED applications could take on a number of forms, but at this point it looks like we'll construct aluminum sinks that thread into the E Series threads in place of a regular canister. This will likely require a two piece threaded sink using a canister to accomplish the goal of a modular sink that can thread in and out of heads and allow for contact to reach the battery in the tubes. Now's the time to raise the issue of what popular boards sizes may be desired.

While we're at it we might make some Ti Crenulated bezels for 38mm heads as well as aluminum bezels. Ti Crenulated bezel might run about $130 and bare aluminum might be about $45, depending on interest.

We have various multi LED designs, one of which actually uses (3) threaded TnC canisters into the sink. This allows unlimited flexibility in a number of parameters although it also adds to the cost. Some of the advantages may seem obvious, others might not be so obvious. In this way you could easily swap canisters to vary the output, beam pattern, program, and LEDs in use. If this application doesn't materialize here then we plan to use our idea in other builds so I won't elaborate unless there is interest at this time. Thanks

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would be interested in a 20mm head, CR123 body,Seoul, Piglet, Bare and potentially Black HA....obviously the 38mm with 3 Led's looks interesting!

jeffb

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great news Eric and fair pricing as well.

I'm in for a Ti 38 mm head, alum 38 mm head, alum crenelated bezel, and two multi-LED heatsinks for them.

I may be in for a Ti crenelated bezel as well depending on the compatibility with the Aleph 3 head.

Interesting concepts for the canister/heatsink design. I'm looking forward to seeing some drawings of your ideas. The initial cost may well be worth it as you could easily swap canisters and update the light at any time.

For the 27 mm head, the shorter original McR27 and a K2 would be a great combo.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

An Aleph 1 type head (short 27mm reflector) would be great in Ti due to it being lighter then one for the 27mm long.

JohnTz

Enlightened

I'm in for one 38mm Ti head, don't need the standard bezel but would upgrade to the crenulated one. I also would have interest in the tri-led sink. In fact what I really want is a turnkey tri-led light if that's the way your heading. Please keep us informed on the pricing for the tailtube, etc.

thanks,
John

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

I'd love a head that took the original McR27 as well. :twothumbs

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well from a quick count in this thread I see interest for only 11x EDC-Flex 38mm Ti heads. I quoted a figure for 25x to be machined. I'll likely keep some of these for myself but I don't want to have that many on my hands. I guess if we don't reach the 25x then I could still move ahead but might have to pass on higher machining costs from an even smaller run, as I want to get these machined without delay if we are going to do this. We'll try to source the lenses next week.

I agree on the McR-27. It's just there never was an E Series head run with the 27L (and variants) as far as I know and I thought there might be demand. I'm a little surprised there isn't more interest in the smaller heads, aluminum parts, or this project in general. :sigh:

Last edited:

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a little surprised there isn't more interest in the smaller heads, aluminum parts, or this project in general. :sigh:

I think putting Titanium in the title would bring in interest. What Led Zep did with the thread in Custom B/S/T would also help

"TnC 38mm Titanium Head / Bezel / Window Interest List"

I would also be looking for a full Titanium Head / Body / Tail Cap setup with Tri-Led Sink.

I also like the idea of Titanium regular 27mm head with K2 TFFC :thumbsup:

I like the slimmer tube of 123A and 18650 rather than the way a C tube joins the head (as shown in a picture above). Also charging a C cell requires a different charger, so I would like to stick to 123A, 17670 and 18650 cell tubes.

easilyled

Flashaholic

I would also be interested in a 38mm Titanium Head / Body / Tail Cap setup
with Tri-Led Sink (or P7 arrangement if this became possible instead)

Like dmdrewitt, I'd prefer a thinner cell-body (ie. not wider than for 18650
cells)

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

So far any and all Ti parts are snapped up on the Custom and Modified B/S/T forum. I would buy just one part and wait for the rest of the parts to materialize. I would commit to buying one Ti 38mm head with heatsink for Tri-P4 or Tri-Cree on 16mm star and one 27mm Ti head to start.

Well from a quick count in this thread I see interest for only 11x EDC-Flex 38mm Ti heads. I quoted a figure for 25x to be machined. I'll likely keep some of these for myself but I don't want to have that many on my hands. I guess if we don't reach the 25x then I could still move ahead but might have to pass on higher machining costs from an even smaller run, as I want to get these machined without delay if we are going to do this. We'll try to source the lenses next week.

I agree on the McR-27. It's just there never was an E Series head run with the 27L (and variants) as far as I know and I thought there might be demand. I'm a little surprised there isn't more interest in the smaller heads, aluminum parts, or this project in general. :sigh:

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess the 38mm beign a rarer size, has more interest to the Ti freaks right now.. but I can bet, if you build those 27mm heads they will sell like hotcakes also...Its just not everyone posts or sees this thread. :thumbsup:

BigBoy

Enlightened

Totally agree. If you could machine Aleph type lights in Ti similiar to what mirage_man did recently, I believe you would have enough demand to do a large run and keep the price down.

Bob

I guess the 38mm beign a rarer size, has more interest to the Ti freaks right now.. but I can bet, if you build those 27mm heads they will sell like hotcakes also...Its just not everyone posts or sees this thread. :thumbsup: