Tmack customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this cool glass earth at the Smithsonian museum. I just made it cooler :cool:

47721bb4-3ad1-4f54-ae20-1b3461f0ff96_zps3e0b3d42.jpg
5fbc6023-202d-4184-a374-1cc0646fd8b7_zpsb34aa008.jpg
ac508a75-78f7-46c2-a52e-c02a6b6a94bc_zpsbe771319.jpg

Glass earth............................................445nm.................................................532nm

a1f45c3e-30dd-4cf7-a169-5cced75354cb_zps3be0fe7a.jpg
f3ecd7e8-a730-462f-9fbf-6854115f34de_zps5f9f4d06.jpg
3d42f0ea-6aa0-4298-8b4d-5c4b560b4bc4_zps75baaf25.jpg

638nm.................................................405nm..................................................638nm + 532nm

Alex that's siiiiicckk! The green /red=yellow is awesome.
In the laser nerd game we call that the poor man yellow haha. Double diode build red and green.

Those types of glass are always a fun trick. Try a glass table and shine the laser through horizontally. Same effect, but the beam will shoot through the entire table.

Oh and those little glass things that have a 3d etch inside. If you unfocus your laser, you can create a hologram. Really cool stuff!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the laser in yesterday. The 2D Mag takes 2 26650's perfectly. Now I gotta find some newspaper to test it out.

This is my first high powered laser so I naturally had it tested. 1.68watts after it warmed up a bit.....Not sure if topping off the cells will help create more Power, but worth a try :popcorn:!

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not peaking at the warm up. Direct diode lasers peak immediately. The tech based sensors take 30 seconds to read the max, and at that time the power has fallen from heat build up.

I can send you a higher efficiency lens that will increase the power, but the divergence will suffer :)

My ophir has been calibrated very recently and showed 1.92w at the initial peak which is in less than a second.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a common misunderstanding with laserbee / radiant meters. It's not the laser that's building in power, it's the Meter taking time to climb and read the Power.

A diode efficiency graph that reads instantly shows the initial spike, in . 8 seconds , and then it slowly falls as time passes from heat.

star_c_star

Enlightened
Hi Tmack,

Just a general question about the lenses attached to the focus adapters.

Do you perform any optimization on the 3-element lens barrels, or the 1-element lens barrels, when you screw them into the focus adapters?

For example, do you screw them in a certain depth until the beam pattern is best? Or in the case of the 3 element lens, tighten or loosen the lens system with a screwdriver (it looks as though the slot in the 3 element barrel is there for loosening or tightening)

I have had to re-attach one barrel that got loose, and remained in the laser host after a lot of focusing. In a couple other cases, the barrel just got slightly loose and I finger tightened it back into the focus adapter. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't undoing optimization that you perform.

If you do no optimization, then we could take any 3 element or 1 element lens, and attach it into any of your laser builds, and it should work the same way.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Occasionally, the barrel will go into the adapter too far, meaning, when you screw it into the laser, it will bottom out before you hit tight focus. If this happens, you can either, clip a little ring out if the spring to use as a spacer between the barrel and adapter, or you can add a drop of glue to the threads, and only thread in half way. Other than that, I don't do anything special. :)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Tmack,

I believe that I asked a similar question before, BUT:

For these high powered green laser builds, it would be nice to add a laser range extender that could keep the beam tight for far longer distances. The 520 nm 1+ watt diode already has good divergence. Imagine adding an extender, and getting a fatter beam at the opening which remains tight for miles.

THAT would be beyond beautiful!

Is it possible? I know that these extenders are not cheap, but I suspect they are alot less expensive than my Green Lantern build.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
the lens for these lasers are like super mini aspheric lens. why cant they start making lens that are say just double the size. that would make divergence twice as good. I put a 10mm aspheric lens in from of my 638nm and the divergence was like my 445nm !!!

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
God I love looking at all of your sick lasers Tmack!!!
One of these days I will buy one.
I have never owned a laser before but always wanted one.
So I won this laser in a giveaway Doc had.
So this one is basicly just a basic laser pointer? It's pretty cool to be able to see the beam at night.
5mw 532nm Green Laser Pointer Light Pen Lazer

tomthebaker

Newly Enlightened
One of the guys over there posted those pictures of his elephant bark ivory scales and I immediately had to look them up. I wish I hadn't, my wallet started weeping. Spending a grand on one set of scales and 1911 grips seems so wrong... but so right.

But more interestingly, have you considered a mammoth or mastodon ivory host?

I might know that guy. And the Ivory blade and Ed Brown scales (and Ed Brown) might be up for grabs ...

But back to lasers. Sorry I haven't been back to say how truly unimaginably bright, awesome and compact the Cypreus monster green build is. Ouch! And at night the beam travels farther than I can see. I need optics to see that far. Truly incredible, and it fits in my pocket. and I'd hate to get hit with the copper host! It feels like a lead pipe. Solid piece!

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
You don't like your Ed Brown? I thought the ivory would look really good on my new Valor. I almost went with a Brown instead of the Dan Wesson. Can't justify the purchase on grips right now though, especially after discovering the world of Tmack Custom lasers.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wessons and Browns.
Ahhhhj one day I will have one :)
I only have my Sig Extreme for 1911's right now.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Agreed!
Tmack can I send you my cheap Ebay green laser pointer and have you super charge it??
LOL

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Agreed!
Tmack can I send you my cheap Ebay green laser pointer and have you super charge it??
LOL

Those little buggers are almost impossible to modify without over driving them, and even after that, you'd never be able to see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.