• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT P60 TripLED Surefire C2, 6P, Z2 high-power custom made hybrid modules/drop-ins...

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thought behind having one made without programmable ui is I'm worried it could be switched or enter a programing mode when I don't want it to. I would be wearing this on my belt in a bezel down holster an it could be accidentally switched. I guess I could run a shrouded tailcap to prevent any accidental presses.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thought behind having one made without programmable ui is I'm worried it could be switched or enter a programing mode when I don't want it to. I would be wearing this on my belt in a bezel down holster an it could be accidentally switched. I guess I could run a shrouded tailcap to prevent any accidental presses.

Simple and less complicated firmware with High/Low is possible, yes and it does provide ease of mind that you don't have to worry about accidentally entering programming mode... In theory it is possible to engage programming mode but in practice, it requires 8 fast taps to enter blinking (which serves as cell monitor at the same time, showing approx voltage left in cell under load - thus giving approx capacity left)...

But even then I'd recommend 3-modes, especially as you're going with High/Med/Low... consider it Turbo/High/Low as Turbo is up to 2 minutes runtime (depending on host/bezel), Medium and Low modes that are safe to use until cell depleted...

Shrouded tailcap is one way to go... the reason why I love Surefire tailcaps is anodization on threads so when used with any P60 body it provides lock-out feat, unscrew tailcap just a bit and you're safe that there will be no accidental activation - I recommend doing lock-out with all hot-rodded Surefires of mine...

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the great explanation, it does sound pretty difficult to enter programming mode accidentally. I sounds like I'm over thinking it, I'll be sending you some money when payday rolls around. This drop in is absolutely beautiful and will look great in my C2 (bored for 18650s of course).

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have beam shots of this drop in an open area?
There is only one picture in this whole thread!

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
These can give some idea of what to expect... TripLED in incan e-series bezels are in 95% cases at 3 Amps so 4.5A is about 25% brighter (approx)...

Also, 219B gives slightly wider hotspot than XPG2 which in turn is more rounded and prettier but less throwy...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-mod-service&p=4230616&viewfull=1#post4230616

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-mod-service&p=4249386&viewfull=1#post4249386

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-mod-service&p=4420697&viewfull=1#post4420697

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-mod-service&p=4445164&viewfull=1#post4445164

Well... if you just go thru that thread, I'm sure there's more... the thread is quite long now... :) It's been over two years since it started...

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
My drop-in arrived today! Craftsmanship is top notch, can't wait till the rest of my parts are in so I can try this thing out. I'll be sure to report back here when I do [emoji6]

ec7952983ddf527f8bb2c1bb25881843.jpg

d22ad2ecfed3e00c86de70bbfb669c99.jpg

f882e5d5c8d78eda5f6931ddaf98b302.jpg

Looks like he is using the lucidrv/ft firmware now, I'm definitely a fan of that. Do you guys know if this version has the double tap feature?

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm worried, my buddy popped my drop-in into to 6P to see how it compared to his Malkoff 219. He ran it on 2 primaries for about 20 seconds or so till I caught what was going on, do you think any damage was do? I would hate to have ruined such a beautiful hand made drop-in before it was really used.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm worried, my buddy popped my drop-in into to 6P to see how it compared to his Malkoff 219. He ran it on 2 primaries for about 20 seconds or so till I caught what was going on, do you think any damage was do? I would hate to have ruined such a beautiful hand made drop-in before it was really used.

I'm having a deja vu... I thought I received exactly the same PM about 48 hrs ago (and replied)... :cool:

Module (driver) is fine but tell your FRIEND not to mess with hot-rods any more... :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana,

Do you think of of the 3amp drop-ins set up for a 3v could fit in a VME head from Malkoff?

VME is perfect for Malkoff modules but not really for triple configs (or custom P60 modules using regular reflector/pills combos)... some light will get blocked by narrower hole on VME and as for fit - no idea... probably not... I wouldn't go that route...

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't think about that. Thanks for the info, I guess I should look into finding an incan E series head for you to modify [emoji4]

bartko09

Enlightened
Nope, no double-tap here... only on shooting range... :)

Gotta work on ur three round bursts buddy. Two in the chest and one in the head! Don't want the bad guys shooting u in the back when you're walking away [emoji6]