• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT TripLED Surefire E-series incan bezel mod service

Kabible

Enlightened
Re: TNT Triple-219 or Triple-XPG2 E-series bezel modding service...

This is some good old fashioned over the top customer service. I might have to find another e2e.

Hats off Tana.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is some good old fashioned over the top customer service. I might have to find another e2e.

Hats off Tana.

Thanks... ever since I saw first one modded with XPG LEDs here on CPF two years ago, I knew I wanted to make these, they make a great little punch package... so many talented modders did these and they are all unique in their own way...

I love E-series... too bad they turned down incan E series production... they could have left at least E1E or E2E to exist, kind of like 6P is still alive...

Another interesting thing I'm doing right now is E-series single LED module... different people called these differently, I will call mine SingLED (on pair with TripLED)... :)
But I found a new solution to prevent battery crushing, that some people had with some of these modules before...

wasteoid

Newly Enlightened

Hi tana,

Ive been thinking about sending one of my 2 e series Incan heads over for modification. The switch has been my sticking point so far as I have an e1l outdoorsman which I love and the others are all twistys.

Can you convert one if these?

Or

I have a very original vg twisty 1 cell body, will this cope with high amp applications? This would make a real small cute power house !,

Chris

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, to my understanding (I did not try this myself) McClicky switch itself was designed by McGizmo to fit genuine twisty E-series tailcaps... I don't have any twisties (it's on my wanted list)... so unmodified McClicky installed in one twisty tailcap will do it for you, no thread cutting in that case...

As for other body, vg twisty 1-cell body, you mean VitalGear twisty ??? I have VitalGear bodies/hosts but I'm not sure which one you're refferring to... If you could post a pic of it, just for my curiosity... Either way, if it's twisty, there is a huge possibility that it will handle 3A w/o modifications (it may have a little higher resistance at that amperage but would not fail)... however, controling multimode light with twisty can sometimes be a PITA but not a big deal in general...

This is what I'm EDCing at the moment... VG-FB1-BK body... running from primary CR123, no issues at all (low voltage driver)... I even ran it on IMR 16340 (about 2A pull at tailcap) and switch didn't burn... I wouldn't push for it as VG-FB1 switch is rated at 1.2A, iirc... In case of linear 3A driver, the switch would have to be replaced with one that can be bought from DX (there is a thread explaining procedure step-by-step somewhere on CPF)...

DSC08068x1_zpsd24f9bfa.jpg

wasteoid

Newly Enlightened

Hi tana, this is the body i am referring to.

I bought it with a kl1 head some time ago on eBay I think. The guy said it was a vital gear body - looks like it to me.

391a5bf5-89b9-41f6-a5c6-2d02d56092b5.jpg

This is the same body alongside my clicky vg1

c903ca46-8db2-41bf-867d-6c4bb65b5588.jpg

It is a neat little package.

Chris

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi tana, this is the body i am referring to.

I bought it with a kl1 head some time ago on eBay I think. The guy said it was a vital gear body - looks like it to me.

This is the same body alongside my clicky vg1

c903ca46-8db2-41bf-867d-6c4bb65b5588.jpg

It is a neat little package.

Chris

Cute little buggers, there... rare, for sure...

If there was no issues for that little twisty to work with KL1 head, there would probably be no issues with TripLED with KDv2 driver - from amp draw and battery crushing point of view... Low voltage driver, which implements a contact ring, would fit both of those bodies for sure... and keep amp draw on safe side to preserve clicky in that FB1-OD... KDv2 driver has a "contact spring" but it's like 0.5mm movements within, so it's relying on spring in the tail to keep battery in good contact for continuous reliable operation... works like a charm with either stock Surefire switches or even better with McClicky... but always has a chance of contact issues/battery crushing with after-market bodies...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

E2O-AA TripLED clone... wish Cubebike had more of these to offer, especially in black HA...

DSC08195x1_zps6f9d0633.jpg

DSC08194x1_zps8846eb10.jpg

DSC08193x1_zpse6b88ee0.jpg

stepep

Newly Enlightened

I've just recived my SF E1B modded by Tana: first class work! It's a perfect beam nice tint (5000K). A very little poket rocket!
Thanks again Tana :wave:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've just recived my SF E1B modded by Tana: first class work! It's a perfect beam nice tint (5000K). A very little poket rocket!
Thanks again Tana :wave:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my 0.8-4.2 triple. For everyone here, talk about a quality mod!

Thanks!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my 0.8-4.2 triple. For everyone here, talk about a quality mod!

Thanks!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awaiting pics of your setup, though... I can't wait to get my Malkoff MDC CR123 body for my TripLED I'm EDC'ing...

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lets try this. I have never posted using my phone before.

imagenfq.jpg

Maxlite AA body. Just awesome.

Admin, my apologies in advance if the image size is too large. I will check and update as necessary as soon as I'm on my desktop.

beach honda

Enlightened

Best of luck with your projects Tana! They look very nice! I hope you were happy with the bezel I sent ya!

be well and stay awesome with the projects!

chris

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lets try this. I have never posted using my phone before.

imagenfq.jpg

Maxlite AA body. Just awesome.

Admin, my apologies in advance if the image size is too large. I will check and update as necessary as soon as I'm on my desktop.

Pic is fine... well within limits...

However... that body host is STUNNING... I do have Malkoff MDC AA body in my US address waiting to come to Bosnia to me but it's nowhere sleek as that thing... for 3 years I've been lurking around CPF this is the first time I see that...

Now I want one as well... :( I believe you got it recently, if I'm not mistaken... I wonder what's the fair price for those now...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Best of luck with your projects Tana! They look very nice! I hope you were happy with the bezel I sent ya!

be well and stay awesome with the projects!

chris

Thanks, Chris... My relative will post me a pic once he has it but I'm sure it's a great one... I will however have to wait until June to get it in hands... but I'm training patience anyway, so it's all good... :thumbsup:

Good luck to you too and we hope you'll be able to return to this hobby ultra-fast...

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to hear that my bezel made it.

I promise that when I get it I will use my good (really good) camera and macro lense and not my iphone (even though I just got the iphone 5 yesterday (work phone)).

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to hear that my bezel made it.

I promise that when I get it I will use my good (really good) camera and macro lense and not my iphone (even though I just got the iphone 5 yesterday (work phone)).

You think you could recognize yours ??? :devil:

DSC08299x1_zps648db528.jpg

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, now... few people should get their TripLEDs by the end of this week... I'm hoping for few reviews, good or bad... also, some serious LEGO is always welcome here... Very soon Surefire is going to offer their upgraded E2O-AA with new type of head that will allow focusing of the beam on it... it opens so many lego possibilities, both with 2xAA body and that head (on E1E body with CR123)...

Honestly, I'm seriously addicted now on converting these bezels into LED heads... It's not an easy mod, it's on par with modelling 1:35 plastic model kit and I don't even have a need to mess with plastic and airbrush any more... :)

DLaird8201

Newly Enlightened

Hold the press!!!! Where did you see info on that new e2o???

OK, now... few people should get their TripLEDs by the end of this week... I'm hoping for few reviews, good or bad... also, some serious LEGO is always welcome here... Very soon Surefire is going to offer their upgraded E2O-AA with new type of head that will allow focusing of the beam on it... it opens so many lego possibilities, both with 2xAA body and that head (on E1E body with CR123)...

Honestly, I'm seriously addicted now on converting these bezels into LED heads... It's not an easy mod, it's on par with modelling 1:35 plastic model kit and I don't even have a need to mess with plastic and airbrush any more... :)

Latest posts