Today is the greatest day of my life!!!

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife rolls her eyes and teases me about lights (C4LED can testify to that) so how come I can't get my Gerber LX3.0 or my L2 back from her ?!?! :naughty:

tron3

Banned
WNG said:
Also provided her with a 4-D Mag for her bedside, due to a previous 'admirer' tried to attack her and she was worried for her safety. For those bumps in the night, it has the throw and the swinging heft to give her a bit of security.

The proper use of a Maglite defensively is by holding it near the head, not swinging the head. The bulbous part of the head ensures it won't slip through her hands, and increases her chances of yanking the light out of an intruder's hands if it came to a tug of war.

Let the boys have a tug war over it. You'll see even the younger son has an advantage when he holds the head. Besides, why crack the lens? :p

C4LED

Enlightened
zespectre said:
My wife rolls her eyes and teases me about lights (C4LED can testify to that) so how come I can't get my Gerber LX3.0 or my L2 back from her ?!?! :naughty:

Yep! The ladies may make fun of the lights, but when they want to use one for something - they become most practical about the matter and quickly/quietly grab for the light. My GF wanted a more powerful light for the occasional outdoor chore--in a rural area. I'd given her a 3D Mag w/an EverLED. She used it and said "I'm not impressed!" Luckily, I'd just brought over a Sears 1W PR drop-in for the 3D... she was then sufficiently "impressed" and still uses it today.

Another time, I'd bought a small Swiss Army Knife for the key chain. She was laughing about it and I said "hey, this could also be good for your purse." She looked for a second... then w/o saying anything, just snatched it quick! Later, she even wanted me to put it on her keys... At $8, it wasn't a biggie to hand it over, and it's good she has it.

WNG

Enlightened
tron3 said:
The proper use of a Maglite defensively is by holding it near the head, not swinging the head. The bulbous part of the head ensures it won't slip through her hands, and increases her chances of yanking the light out of an intruder's hands if it came to a tug of war.

Let the boys have a tug war over it. You'll see even the younger son has an advantage when he holds the head. Besides, why crack the lens? :p

Yes, I showed her the best part to strike the intruder with is the knurled end cap.
:)

The young boys were so taken by the Mag, they proceeded to disassemble it.
I caught them in the act and told them this one wasn't their toy. And not to take it apart.
But I think I have imprinted upon their young minds the ways of the 'light' side of the force.
:D

Aside:
I think GFs, wives, etc. love to make fun and criticize our obsessions they don't care to understand. But when the situation arises that show their benefitial ownership, and the message is so clear, "Ah hah!"....they can't fess up that they were wrong with their skepticism. They just grab it and use it and feel that's enough acknowledgement for you. No humble apologies or gratitude.

Before meeting me, my GF didn't own a tire gauge, and drove her new car for 3 years without ever once checking the pressures...or checked the oil.
Yikes.
She also didn't own a flashlight, a portable fire extinguisher....
typical assumption that status quo continues and poop never happens.
Don't get me wrong...she's a very bright and intelligent woman with a lot of common sense. But certain aspects of everyday life never gets considered, and that's oftern the case for most of the population.

Common sense, is not so common.
;)