• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TorchLAB V4 Triple LED drop ins - Full Boost, Thermal, and Voltage Regulation

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an odd issue when i go riding my Xootr with my V4 triple it tends to switch modes from vibration. The host I'm using is a 2x18650 with a McClicky switch.

I ride MTB on rocky terrain etc with these on the bars often. I've never had any issues.
Must be something weird with your setup.
Email me and let's figure it out.
I will post the solution when we get there.

tom at torchlab d0t c0m

Shooter21

Enlightened
I'm using 2 eagletac 3400s and when it started changing modes i checked the voltage it was at 3.8volts so the only thing i can think of is the batteries maybe a little to short causing it to change modes from vibration.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using 2 eagletac 3400s and when it started changing modes i checked the voltage it was at 3.8volts so the only thing i can think of is the batteries maybe a little to short causing it to change modes from vibration.

UPDATE:

the host in this situation was a fivemega 2x18650 which seems to be a bit too long for the Eagletac cells and was causing intermittent contact while riding.

He has corrected the problem with some longer cells.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
And also, will you be getting any more of the XP-G2 4000K H3n LMH drop-ins? I managed to get a HML a while back and I love it but I also want a LMH and they sold out about a week ago.

Thanks.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
More neutral options are coming in the next 3-5 days. But we are only doing one run of the 4000k, so this will be it for those.

This batch includes a few H1 cools, but the next full batch of cools is not due until October.

Shooter21

Enlightened
Where can i buy a Moddoolar head for my Torchlabs module? I see Oveready only has the Moddoolar body tube and tailcap? thanks

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Where can i buy a Moddoolar head for my Torchlabs module? I see Oveready only has the Moddoolar body tube and tailcap? thanks

Sorry for the confusion. There is no official Moddoolar Host. Any Moddoolar tailcap can be combined with any Moddoolar body and any Moddoolar interface, and then used with most any non Moddoolar bezel. For example, combine the C/D26/P60 interface with any of the Cryos bezels to create a complete host:

http://www.oveready.com/bezels/cryos-cooling-bezel-copper-44-/prod_294.html

I'll see about making this simpler/clearer!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
More neutral options are coming in the next 3-5 days. But we are only doing one run of the 4000k, so this will be it for those.

This batch includes a few H1 cools, but the next full batch of cools is not due until October.

Not to be pushy but any ETA when these will be posted? I don't want to miss out on a LMH 4000K this time around.

Shooter21

Enlightened
Is it normal that my unit cant sustain max output on 2x18650 3100mah when they drop to 3.6 volts or is there something wrong with the batteries? thanks

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it normal that my unit cant sustain max output on 2x18650 3100mah when they drop to 3.6 volts or is there something wrong with the batteries? thanks

Yes, this is normal. Your cells are nearly dead (at 3.6V open voltage) and the light will drop to 10% output to allow you to keep it shining until you get a chance to replace the cells. You will not be left in the dark suddenly.

Ggmesquita

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I've sent you 2 emails regarding the V4 Triple with Nichia 219s a couple of days ago, but got no response.
Will they become available? When?

Thanks!
Gg

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Hello,

I have tried to email sales @ oveready but have not heard anything for a week now.

I bought a new XP-E2 triple and it will not stay on high for more than about 15 seconds no matter what I do. The configuration I wanted to run was 2x26650 IMRs. I have tried with different single 26650 IMR cells, and also tried with AW 18650 cells and got the same results.

Sometimes it immediately switches from high to medium mode, and then I was able to run it for 45 minutes or so on Medium with no issues. Sometimes it would switch off immediately. When it switched off I would see a quick red flash in the light engine.

The 26650 cells were both charged above 4.15, and the AW cells were charged above 4.00. Initially I had the issue outside where it was about 25 degrees F, but tried it inside at room temp and same issue.

Am hoping to get a replacement but would love an explanation if something else might be going on.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
PM Replied. Thanks for the quick response guys.

I wanted to say a sincere Thank You to Dan and the Oveready team for handling my issue. Everything was handled professionally and in a great time frame. I am sorted out and now the proud owner of an XP-E2 triple!

Last edited: