Total Lunar Eclipse February 20, 2008

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I was referring to the pictures that have already been posted by others here. That's why I posted my "fun" one... :D

I was hoping to see some of those IR photo's so that I could talk myself into buying an IR camera! Another of my hobbies is astronomy, and I'm slowly getting some astro-photography gear.

Roger

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping to see some of those IR photo's so that I could talk myself into buying an IR camera! Another of my hobbies is astronomy, and I'm slowly getting some astro-photography gear.

Roger

You can remove the IR filter from a DSLR.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
You can remove the IR filter from a DSLR.

I don't want to risk my current camera, and I still want to use it as a "normal" camera. I know that Nikon or Cannon (can't remember which one) has an IR DSLR camera out and I've seen a few really neat pics from it.

Roger

Greta

Flashaholic
I don't want to risk my current camera, and I still want to use it as a "normal" camera. I know that Nikon or Cannon (can't remember which one) has an IR DSLR camera out and I've seen a few really neat pics from it.

Roger
It's a Nikon that Fuji put out... the Fujifilm IS Pro. This is the one we have.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast

Roger

You can pay a Pro to do it. Then when you want to use it as a "Normal" camera, you put an IR filter on the lens.

I would do it with my older camera (Canon D60). I just bought a new Nikon D300, and I'm a little reluctant to do it to that one. Maybe in a year or two.