VB-16 HAIII

havand

Enlightened
ernsanada...

Your turbohead, how much more of a 'flood' does it provide? I've got one on the way, but after unscrewing the bezel on my stock head to diffuse the light a bit, i'm wondeirng how much better the turbohead is.

My VB-16 has some of those lines, but not as bad as yours.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
havand said:
ernsanada...

Your turbohead, how much more of a 'flood' does it provide? I've got one on the way, but after unscrewing the bezel on my stock head to diffuse the light a bit, i'm wondeirng how much better the turbohead is.

My VB-16 has some of those lines, but not as bad as yours.

The beam does not seem more of a "flood'. The beam looks more smooth than the stock head's beam.

havand

Enlightened
ernsanada:

Is the glass on your turbo head 'foggy'? I mean, put the light on a lower level and look at it from a size angle. Mine is pretty foggy. I even took the head apart and tried to clean it. Didn't help. I'm kinda bummed. Its not horrible, but looks like it has permanent smudges or something. I might have to look into replacing it...

kit

Newly Enlightened
havand said:
ernsanada:

Is the glass on your turbo head 'foggy'? I mean, put the light on a lower level and look at it from a size angle. Mine is pretty foggy. I even took the head apart and tried to clean it. Didn't help. I'm kinda bummed. Its not horrible, but looks like it has permanent smudges or something. I might have to look into replacing it...

Same here..got that murky inside look on the lens..

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
So just to clear up, for those of us who might be on the fence a/b the turbo head - what purpose does it serve? just clearing up and smoothing out the beam a bit?q

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
havand said:
ernsanada:

My Turbo Head looks more "foggy" than my regular head. Mine has no "smudges". My regular head looks pretty clear.

It does not bother me.