Vote - What is your favorite form factor?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
1x18650 for perfect power to size ratio in an edc, then AAA for the keychain to always have with you.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Hacken

Enlightened
ever since i got introduced to the 18650 battery lights i never look back.. i just keep stacking up them 18650 batteries..probably have over a dozen by now CR123 are nice too but it drains out the power real quick compare to the 18650

Newly Enlightened
My favorite is the 9P form factor, 3 x cr123 and P90, most comfortable to hold and use IMO. However 3x anything is not the most practical. If it had to be a pocketable light, then 1AA with forward clicky.

budynabuick

Enlightened
+1

AAA feels a bit light on runtime, and bit too small to hold. AA is just small enough for EDC, yet large enough to feel good in hand. Also it's nice to be able to swap batts with my other portable devices.

While mostly true, I get right at 6 hrs run for 27 lms on my MIX6 klarus aaa with 950 Imedion. I love AAA format. I also love 4AA in my pa40 as well. I guess l just prefer NIMH AAA/AA

Keith

Keith

Bozzlite

Enlightened
Single AA light with multiple levels powered by Eneloops. Not too expensive. Versatile. Handy to carry. Reliable. And cheap to feed.

So what is it? A Quark.

rumack

Enlightened
In general single cell lights are my favorite form factor since they are smaller and easier to feed. I am really impressed with the 1xAAA lights available, but the 1xAA size is easier for me to operate one-handed as a twisty (despite the fact I have small hands). I would probably say my favorite specifically would have to be 1xAA with eneloops.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'd be one of these, except this looks like someone screwed up the mod and the LED fell off, leaving just a short circuit between the wires at the front (grin)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0WforrCTJJ4/SgMqopa3ioI/AAAAAAAAAqo/z7LpQWj0pPc/s400/stungunknuckles.jpg

Costs about $70 as shown. To be a proper flashlight, it still needs work (-:

But seriously: battery compartment in the grip; four fingerholes for grasping and still being able to use the fingers for other things; big radiator surface on the outer face; one or two or three or four emitters along the outer face.

Problem is nobody's built it yet.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
  1. 1XCR123 or 2XCR123
  2. 1XCR2
  3. 1AAA
  4. 2C
  5. 2AA
    Its pretty much a tie between single and double CR123 lights for me.The single cell CR123 lights are small enough to pocket EDC most of the time and offer quite a bit of performance plus having the advantage of only needing one cell at a time.Two cell CR123 lights are close to the ideal size for use without being too large and of course provide greater performance.Some 2XCR123 lights like the INOVA T1 just have a great form factor IMHO.There is also a wider variety of robust quality 2XCR123 lights compared to the 1XCR123 form factor.

flashflood

Enlightened
1x18650 for perfect power to size ratio in an edc, then AAA for the keychain to always have with you.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Exactly.

I wish Klarus would apply their as-small-as-possible ethos to a 18650 light. That would rock.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
2AA easier to hold.
1AA easier to pocket.

Get a 1AA body and 14500 and charger for the Quark X AA2. This allows you to use the AA2 as a 2AA indoor light and shorten it for pocket carry when you go out with no loss of brightness. 1AA will not run turbo mode at full brightness but everything else still works.
Custom Quark AAX
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?322177-Custom-Quark-AAX

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
1AA will not run turbo mode at full brightness but everything else still works.

What does this mean? Tightened bezel Max does not run at 280 lumens?

I've been thinking about doing this except that I like the option of cannibalizing the AA batt. from my flashlight to power another device when necessary.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does this mean? Tightened bezel Max does not run at 280 lumens?

I've been thinking about doing this except that I like the option of cannibalizing the AA batt. from my flashlight to power another device when necessary.
2AA Tightened bezel Max is brighter than 1AA Tightened bezel Max. 1AA Tightened bezel Max would be equivalent to or brighter than loose bezel max.
I have the Tactical version programmed medium/turbo. If I had programmed it medium/max I would not notice any difference.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
2AA Tightened bezel Max is brighter than 1AA Tightened bezel Max. 1AA Tightened bezel Max would be equivalent to or brighter than loose bezel max.
I have the Tactical version programmed medium/turbo. If I had programmed it medium/max I would not notice any difference.

OK, get it now.... I originally thought you meant that 14500's would not produce full brightness on Turbo (since that's what you started talking about). I actually disabled my Turbo & Strobe (since Turbo is only like 5 lumens higher), and operate my QAA in regular mode with a tightened bezel.

Latest posts