Waiting for the SureFire LX1...

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
" well, as long as the surefire lights will work no matter how i hold them, i'll be ok with surefire "

BINGO! Thanks for the grin today.

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
And in the mean time, I've purchased 2 of Mac's SST-50 EDC and I'm being gifted an Ra Clicky 170 for my bday this month, wooot! :D

And so the wait continues...

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
I got tired of waiting too. I will most likely order a Ra tomorrow.....

10 bucks says you still buy the LX1 when it comes out... after all, the Clicky isn't E-series compatible...

:grin2:

I bought an E1B after finding out the LX1 wasn't available. I had put Surefire on the back burner for 10 years until I bought an E2DL for my wife (tired of her borrowing my lights and dinging them up) and saw that they're finally in the ballpark when it comes to modern emitters and outputs.

Then I got an LX2... if it wasn't so big, it'd be my EDC. I have the E1B in my pocket right now because I destroyed my Clicky clip trying to mod it to bezel down. The Clicky is a better light all around than the E1B.

After playing with the LX2, I'm VERY impressed with how Surefire turned out this light. I think the LX1 is going to be an absolute home run and a light that a flashaholic says is a must-have.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the LX2 and have been patiently waiting for the LX1 as a little backup to the LX2 but I am not too sure if I would be able to afford the LX1 anymore.

After having bought a couple of Ra clickies I am almost maxed to my budget. Guess what? I just splurged on a Stratum and an AZ2 a few days back. I am seriously over spending so LX1 may have to wait. And maybe never as I am seriously considering another Ra clicky in 170 lumens but we'll see.

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
I talked to Surefire on Monday and was told to expect the LX1 sometime in October....:popcorn:

jonesy

Enlightened
I talked to Surefire on Monday and was told to expect the LX1 sometime in October....:popcorn:

Did you tell them you're sick of waiting two years for a silly flashlight? The LX1 is like the loch ness monster or unicorns. We all know they exist, but few have ever seen them. It's the mythical quality of it all that keeps us coming back and checking threads like this every time there is a new post, just hoping for the bit of news that we all haven't been living a lie, that the Truth Is Out There.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do people get so worked up over this?

If and when the LX1 becomes available, I'll be happy to try it out. Until then I'll use something else.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting to wonder if Surefire decided to redesign the light for whatever reason. Maybe there was a problem they discovered in testing and they felt they better go back to the ol' drawing board and take care of it. Or....

Maybe they are deciding to change its feature set like going with an XPG and 3 levels.... Well one can dream anyway.

tsl

Enlightened
You know desigining an optic and making this the first XP-G surefire would explain the delay.

Maybe they're using one of those nice warmer tinted K2 TFFCs.

I'll be mildy surprised if this light comes out this year. First it was March, then June, then July, now October.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they're using one of those nice warmer tinted K2 TFFCs.

I'll be mildy surprised if this light comes out this year. First it was March, then June, then July, now October.

That will be sweet! I love the tint of the K2 TFFC.

Bravo_Kilo

Newly Enlightened

October!? They just told me July last month! How do they go from next month to three more months? I'll probably buy one when it comes out, but in the meantime I've picked up a Ra Clicky. This is going from ridiculous to hilarious.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just don't wait for the lights to be released...

Then when they come out, you can go:

"Awesome! Definitely need one! WOOOOO!" or

"Hmmm that's not quite what I was expecting, I think I'll pass"

Saves hurt feelings too :D

Latest posts