Watch your baby sitter!!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
This conversation is all well and good, and I'm sure much of it is based on experience, but that doesn't help the question... if for whatever reason, you must decide between two 15 year old girls to watch your 6 year old daughter for a couple hours, assuming you know the same about each (which is likely to be relatively little) and they both have a clean outward appearance, would most people here tend to hire a girl they've known for 2 years that attends their own church, or would most tend to avoid the girl that has attended their own church and go with the girl down the street who seems equally wholesome that you know never attends church?

Same thing with girls vs guys. Two 15 year olds, both of whom have attended your church for at least two years. They seem clean, and not overtly sexed up. You've never used either as a sitter. Would most members of this forum actually prefer a male 15 year old to watch their daughter as opposed to the 15 year old girl watching their daughter?

I'm not sexist, racist or age-ist. I absolutely believe in God, but I attend church so rarely that I wasn't even present yesterday. But I find it hard to believe that with a society that so strongly identifies with Christianity, that a significant portion of that society would prefer a babysitter that never attends to church over a sitter that regularly attends their own church or that the same said society would prefer a male sitter to watch their daughter than a female sitter.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimmyM said:
The method or manner in which one worships or does not worship their God is immaterial to their moral character.

So, from where does "moral character" derive, if not from religion?

In Sparta, each newborn baby was examined and any visible defect would result in abandoment of the infant to die in the wild. This practice was sanctioned by Spartan religion, and was considered moral in that society.

The ancient Romans "exposed" infants to death, often simply because the parents didn't want another child. Although the practice of infanticide by exposure was considered immoral by some Romans, it was not made illegal until after Christianity became the state religion of Rome.